Doc's for Paypal - Please advise Newbie - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-17-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Doc's for Paypal - Please advise Newbie

Hi,

I opened my first stealth ebay and paypal accounts a little while ago after reading the guide.

I'm using the details of a family member for ebay and paypal. The family member also opened a new bank account just for me to use.

I've been reading around but I can't find any answers though I've realised there are one or two things to do, but they won't solve my problem. I'm very near to reaching the £1900 (or whatever the exact amount now is) 'hard' limit... so I'm starting to panic a bit now.

In a nutshell, this family member used to live at the same tainted address which was used for my banned eBay accounts, and it's associated paypal accounts.

While the bank, paypal and ebay accounts are all registered to their new address - they only have photo ID (passport, drivers license) registered to the tainted address.

Since reading up on this I understand why it is useful to link a debit card, which I haven't done yet, so that's first thing on the list. While it won't help with the limit it will confirm the new address.

Supporting documentation such as utility bills confirming the new address can also be found.

At this stage I haven't read through the Paypal help section, and as soon as I've finished this post I'm going to do so.

I imagine that they will accept ID showing an old address providing new address is supported via. linked debit card and utility bills. HOWEVER - The old address currently shown on the photo ID is tainted. Big problem?

Any help greatly appreciated - I'll also update as soon as I've read the Paypal help section if there is anything relevant or unexpected.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Doc's for Paypal - Please advise Newbie

do you have time to grab a new id?
Old 09-17-2014

Longevity: 78%

I am confused, maybe i didn't read correctly but why do you need docs for pp when they aren't asking for them?

Also, stop using your families info for accounts/banks and don't link real debit cards....
Old 09-17-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
I am confused, maybe i didn't read correctly but why do you need docs for pp when they aren't asking for them?

Also, stop using your families info for accounts/banks and don't link real debit cards....
OP is reaching the receiving limits of £1900.
Dont send the ID thats associated with the suspended account, they will most likely link them.
I dont know how it works in UK but in US we HAVE to notify DMV(department of motor vechicles) for any change in the address.

Time to change the address on the ID....
Old 09-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Never use a bank issued debit card on an account.

You should be getting a VCC for these purposes.

Is your paypal verified and confirmed yet?

If not, paypal will not accept documents in any case.

ETA: at this stage AVOID changing any info until you get accurate advice for UK conditions. Your account will be flagged quickly.
Old 09-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

OP, this is a real mess you've created for yourself. You really should NOT have used a relative details. It has the potential to cause huge problems.

Do not submit ID (driving license I assume) with the "old" address on it. Whilst Paypal do not specifically use the photo ID as an address check, the very fact it is there, presents a real risk to the account.

Either get the DL updated (by law it needs to be if the address is permanent) and use that or use a passport (there is no address on it). Paypal do NOT enter the passport data anywhere to see that the passport is registered at a different address.

If the bank issued debit card is registered to the "new address" then it can be added and confirmed.

Have you actually tried to lift the receiving limit yet? Based on what you have said, there is a decent chance the limit can be lifted by passing the automated checks, especially if you first confirm the debit card on the account.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 09-17-2014 at 03:06 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-17-2014), JamesNorth101 (09-17-2014)
Old 09-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums Stabilo - is there a reason you can't open up your own bank accounts?