eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Looking at new supplier - Paying for items. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/77912-looking-new-supplier-paying-items.html)

CCJay 09-29-2014 08:42 AM

Looking at new supplier - Paying for items.

Hi,

I have been looking for a different products and seen a few on alibaba. All great in communication and questions etc. They are 4th year gold. When asked about payment options they only take the following.

Bank transfer , western union and money gram

Now i normally get it from aliexpress or pay via aliexpress as they offer protection.

I know none of the above offer this, so how do you get around this?

GoteBay 09-29-2014 09:16 AM

Re: Looking at new supplier - Paying for items.

I am paranoid about doing any of those payment options. While many suppliers are legit, you will still have some rotten apples who may scam you.

Try to push for Paypal instead of using any of the above. Don't throw away your hard-earned money.

rsot 09-29-2014 10:41 AM

Paypal with funding of credit card...for protection

CCJay 09-29-2014 11:40 AM

Thanks will see what they say regarding that.

RosieTosie 09-29-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCJay (Post 592877)
Thanks will see what they say regarding that.

Ali Express offshoot of Alibaba take just about any way you want to pay, no problem, certainly not going to get Western Union or any such like from over here!! Just used debit card to get my orders, length of time it takes to get deliveries from a China is the biggest pain with them

oompaloompa 09-29-2014 01:02 PM

on alibaba, I have had this before - they may not be scammers, they prob are legit and you will get your goods etc but they prefer those payment options obviously as no chargebacks and if you are a first time customer, they do not know you either.....

but in any case refuse, as they have less incentive to resolve issues with these payment methods...sometimes you have to let go of a good deal unless you get peace of mind and protection....

CCJay 09-29-2014 01:13 PM

I'm bought loads on aliexpress so know how they work.

But need some sort of protection so see what they say regarding paypal. Don't mind paying the extra fees too.

Callidus 09-29-2014 01:16 PM

Use a PayPal and add a credit card to fund the account possibly? CC will cover you should the seller decide to do a runner! :spy:

ebazstealth 09-29-2014 01:19 PM

So any issues with Paypal limiting account after paying China supplier? Best to use an account that is not tied to an ebay account? I have read previously that others have had problems. I posted this question yesterday under Wholesale Talk, but did not receive a response yet.

Callidus 09-29-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebazstealth (Post 592900)
So any issues with Paypal limiting account after paying China supplier? Best to use an account that is not tied to an ebay account? I have read previously that others have had problems. I posted this question yesterday under Wholesale Talk, but did not receive a response yet.

Potential for problems yes - I would never make it a long term payment solution.

I would avoid having an eBay account involved in there whatsoever.

ebazstealth 09-29-2014 01:30 PM

ok, how about a stealth paypal attach to an already suspended ebay? That was my first attempt at creating my own accounts and my ebay was suspended because I jumped the gun on selling a branded item (I have since learned my lesson). Never sold anything, so paypal never used.

Play 10-05-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebazstealth (Post 592903)
ok, how about a stealth paypal attach to an already suspended ebay? That was my first attempt at creating my own accounts and my ebay was suspended because I jumped the gun on selling a branded item (I have since learned my lesson). Never sold anything, so paypal never used.

If paypal is still half alive, sure why not use it till its suspended... Just dont link it to anything else...

vxmotorsport 10-06-2014 02:58 AM

Could you not do western union online and pay via a credit card so you cover yourself if scammed?

rsot 10-06-2014 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vxmotorsport (Post 595230)
Could you not do western union online and pay via a credit card so you cover yourself if scammed?

Sometimes western union online offers no protection to sending money to that part of the world...

vxmotorsport 10-06-2014 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 595243)
Sometimes western union online offers no protection to sending money to that part of the world...

Thats why i said use a credit card... payment protection

GreenBean 10-06-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebazstealth (Post 592900)

Always use a different paypal from your ebay combination.

Never allow the chance of paypal limiting the working account.

Use paypal with a credit card as funding source.

Most important.

:ranger:

rsot 10-07-2014 04:03 AM

Also smart to keep pp separate - dedicated to buying and dedicated to selling (example)

GreenBean 10-07-2014 04:06 AM

rsot 10-07-2014 04:07 AM

Thanks GB - always with the bird follow-up

stanislav 10-07-2014 04:09 AM

My number one choice is Western Union.

rsot 10-07-2014 04:18 AM

Yikes @ Western Union - as long as you know your seller well and proven reliability...then it's ok

vxmotorsport 10-07-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 595549)
Yikes @ Western Union - as long as you know your seller well and proven reliability...then it's ok

but if its with a credit card wheres the problem?? Still has payment protection, like i said earlier!