eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Just a few questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/81481-just-few-questions.html)

johnnyreed22 01-06-2015 11:17 AM

Just a few questions

First, I apologize if i did not start this thread in the right area.

Okay first question: Running 6 stealths at the moment and i print my labels out on ebay. But now my local post office has become a little fussy over the return address on the label not being from around here. Is there a way to fix this that wouldn't or shouldn't be an issue? I read in the forum about possibly buying address labels and putting them over top the stealth name and address on the label would that work?

2nd question: Probably an extremely dumb one but if i just build a new ebay account under my name and current address will i be linked right away. I don't want it for selling reason but just for buying and delivering to my address. Oh and i didn't mention that i have a suspended account from this address. Would i be better off purchasing a p.o box at the post office?

Imposter 01-06-2015 11:58 AM

Re: Just a few questions

Answer to your 1st question is that you tell the people at the post office that the address on the label is the return address & not the address it's being delivered from.

Answer to second question is yes it will be linked immediately. EB / PP don't like PO boxes.

GhostMoney 01-06-2015 12:27 PM

Find a new post office.
Don't sh*t where you eat.

johnnyreed22 01-06-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imposter (Post 628208)
Answer to your 1st question is that you tell the people at the post office that the address on the label is the return address & not the address it's being delivered from.

Answer to second question is yes it will be linked immediately. EB / PP don't like PO boxes.

I tried telling the post office that but the post master there said something along the lines of they want the address to be from around here so they get credit for it or something. I didn't think it was a big deal either but i was just looking for a way to get around them even bringing it up anymore.

And any suggestions on how to get an ebay account up for buying where i can receive the items i want to buy off of ebay? I have a mailbox at ups not sure if that would work.

Thank you so much for the answers

johnnyreed22 01-06-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostMoney (Post 628212)
Find a new post office.

Oh wow really? I mean its not really a problem to do that as there are post offices everywhere. This one was just the most convenient being 5 minutes away.

Thanks for the answer i appreciate it

Imposter 01-06-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyreed22 (Post 628241)
I tried telling the post office that but the post master there said something along the lines of they want the address to be from around here so they get credit for it or something. I didn't think it was a big deal either but i was just looking for a way to get around them even bringing it up anymore.

And any suggestions on how to get an ebay account up for buying where i can receive the items i want to buy off of ebay? I have a mailbox at ups not sure if that would work.

Thank you so much for the answers

Why don't you just tell them that the return address on the label is 'head office' I don't know how post offices in the US operate but over here it's got nothing to do with them where an item is returned to.

Salvo 01-06-2015 02:44 PM

Are these real return addresses you can access or no?
I just black it out after printing and tape a local return address over it.

johnnyreed22 01-06-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imposter (Post 628274)
Why don't you just tell them that the return address on the label is 'head office' I don't know how post offices in the US operate but over here it's got nothing to do with them where an item is returned to.

I'll give it a shot thanks for the idea. Yeah i'm not sure why its a big deal to her either what the return address is. But after hearing it from her 2 different times in the span of a week. I figured i'd do some searching to see if i could find an answer to avoid having to hear her say it again.

johnnyreed22 01-06-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvo (Post 628275)
Are these real return addresses you can access or no?
I just black it out after printing and tape a local return address over it.

No i do not have access to these addresses and as far as i know they are not real addresses either. I bought them from the forum here. Oh so you can do that? Just black it out and then tape a local address on it and that will work? I wasn't sure if it would or not that's why i asked initially about buying address labels and just putting them over top the blacked out stealth name and address.

Omgoozle 01-06-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostMoney (Post 628212)
Find a new post office.

This x10000000. I used to ship 200-400 items a day and as soon as a Postal employee asked a single question I never went back.

Salvo 01-06-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyreed22 (Post 628315)
No i do not have access to these addresses and as far as i know they are not real addresses either. I bought them from the forum here. Oh so you can do that? Just black it out and then tape a local address on it and that will work? I wasn't sure if it would or not that's why i asked initially about buying address labels and just putting them over top the blacked out stealth name and address.

Yes it works fine, never been questioned by post office people. I've only had one time where a damaged package was returned to me... all they (usps) did was rip off the tracking number portion, wrote RETURN TO SENDER in marker and circled it, and put about a dozen of these neon orange and green hand stickers pointing to the return address on the label!

I would try another PO for a while though, or just find a drop box if they are small enough.

MM78 01-06-2015 07:50 PM

What you have there is a nosy Postal Employee.....It's none of their business what address is the return address. I would suggest what GhostMoney said, if they start giving u crap about your packages just go to a new post office....unless the nearest post office is 20+ miles away. If you live in a fairly large town then you should have no problems.

johnnyreed22 01-07-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 628389)
What you have there is a nosy Postal Employee.....It's none of their business what address is the return address. I would suggest what GhostMoney said, if they start giving u crap about your packages just go to a new post office....unless the nearest post office is 20+ miles away. If you live in a fairly large town then you should have no problems.

That's what I'm going to do then. I'll just use a different post office. I live in an extremely small town and this was the most convenient. But i got other post office's a 5-10 min away from this one. All in all it's worth the extra hassle just not to deal with this.

Out of curiosity would shipstation be worth it? i haven't read up on it much or enough to even comment on it but a friend brought it up. So i figured it couldn't hurt to ask

just_smile 01-07-2015 04:34 AM

Why bother with a return address label if you have no access to it and don't even know if it's a real address???

Its completely pointless surely?

And as its causing you issues, just change the return address to somewhere local. Your postmaster will be happy, you can carry on going to your local post office, and your lost mail will still be lost anyway, same as before .:lol:

rahous 01-07-2015 06:04 AM

Why dont you label your real adress on the parcell and print shipping adress seperately, not from EB (every MSword will do it).

rsot 01-07-2015 10:04 AM

Maybe because OP doesn't want buyers having the real address in their possession...

Omgoozle 01-07-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahous (Post 628533)
Why dont you label your real adress on the parcell and print shipping adress seperately, not from EB (every MSword will do it).

You can't do this using eB's shipping widget.

johnnyreed22 01-07-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 628511)
Why bother with a return address label if you have no access to it and don't even know if it's a real address???

Its completely pointless surely?

And as its causing you issues, just change the return address to somewhere local. Your postmaster will be happy, you can carry on going to your local post office, and your lost mail will still be lost anyway, same as before .:lol:

I'm not sure we are on the same page lol. If i bought the return address labels i would use my real name and address to put over top the stealth name and addressS on the package. Seems like I'm getting 2 different answers from you guys. Think i am just going to try and go use another post office like others have suggested.

johnnyreed22 01-07-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 628611)
Maybe because OP doesn't want buyers having the real address in their possession...

Oh that wouldn't bother me if the buyers had my real address. I was just trying to see if there was a way to use my real address while still staying stealth. You guys know a ton more than me so i figured it would be the best place to ask