eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Etsy, banging my head against a brick wall... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/81661-etsy-banging-my-head-against-brick-wall.html)

whiteberry 01-11-2015 03:35 PM

Etsy, banging my head against a brick wall...

Hi All, I am having some major issues with etsy.
I have applied all aspects of stealth:
New user account
New ip
New products
New images
New email
New VCC

However, I keep getting closed down after a few days - deleted, gone..poof!
I originally thought it was a specific product I was listing as I noticed all sellers that try to list said item disappear after a few days (only 1or2 sellers seem to be 'allowed' to sell this particular non-vero item)
So I made another account with completely different items, non-vero, nothing too competitive. I made 2 sales in my two days and now it has gone.

I am so confused, anyone offer any advice on why this might be happening? Since the new year I can't get a site to last longer that a few days.

The only other thing I can think of is the VCC? I am going to try a different VCC tomorrow and I will update. Any advice in the meantime would be so greatly appreciated.

Whiteberry x

EnTexhelp 01-11-2015 05:44 PM

Re: Etsy, banging my head against a brick wall...

Etsy are known for hard terms, I wanted to start selling there too ..
try using other Vcc type , and start slowly, let the account rest few days after the creation , then start with your selling.

MM78 01-11-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteberry (Post 630286)
Hi All, I am having some major issues with etsy.
I have applied all aspects of stealth:
New user account
New ip
New products
New images
New email
New VCC

The process seems fine here. Are you cleaning the metadata off the images?

Quote:

I was listing as I noticed all sellers that try to list said item disappear after a few days (only 1or2 sellers seem to be 'allowed' to sell this particular non-vero item)
This could be your problem, if only a few select people are allowed then perhaps your not allowed. Could be your being turned in by the 2 competitors.

Quote:

The only other thing I can think of is the VCC? I am going to try a different VCC tomorrow and I will update. Any advice in the meantime would be so greatly appreciated.
What VCC are you using? Also are you attaching a brand new PayPal?

rsot 01-11-2015 08:26 PM

What about address and phone number OP?

whiteberry 01-12-2015 03:50 AM

Thanks for replies :)
Images are new, different size and created in Photoshop.

I am thinking this is correct with this certain product but it doesn't explain the other accounts selling completely different products?

I am using entropay, I am going to try a visa gift card today and register it in a new stealth name & address and see if I have any luck this way.

As it's etsy, I have been adding a new email for the PayPal and I was never asked for a new phone number but I have these available also.

Thanks
Whiteberry

MM78 01-12-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteberry (Post 630434)
I have been adding a new email for the PayPal.

A bit confused, did you create a Brand New Paypal or did you just add a new Email to an existing Paypal which was already used with Etsy? If you just added an email to a paypal already used with ETSY then that can be your problem as well.

whiteberry 01-12-2015 11:27 AM

Thanks for the reply :)
I added a new email to PayPal, and used that new email for payments. I did not link the paypal to etsy. I believed this was okay, from reading the forum?

Whiteberry x

MM78 01-12-2015 01:34 PM

If you didn't link a PayPal to etsy...how were you planning to receive payments?

whiteberry 01-12-2015 01:56 PM

Sorry I am not being very clear, I created a new email which I linked to an old paypal. I used this "fresh" email for etsy. I am led to believe that etsy and paypal do not share info - unless you choose to pay your fees with paypal which I do not.

Whiteberry x

MM78 01-12-2015 02:22 PM

According to the following thread: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-di...e-info-pp.html unknown5454 specifies that using the same Paypal across multiple etsy's should be fine.

whiteberry 01-12-2015 02:50 PM

Thanks for clarifying MM78 :)
Which leads me to question, how are they catching me? I can create stealth eB & Amz relatively easily yet etsy keep shutting me down :noidea::faint:

Whiteberry x

unkown5454 01-12-2015 03:45 PM

It could simply be the item you are selling is not allowed.

I have one item that sells amazingly well, but myself and most of my competitors get taken down every time I list it or see someone new try to list it.

It's not handmade so I just have to do my best to make it look handmade. Now, it seems like someone is just manually checking to see who is selling the item each week because once I list it, that's about how long it last any more.

whiteberry 01-12-2015 04:09 PM

Thanks for the reply unkown.
I am noticing a similar scenario to yours, however the item is handmade. But only 1 or 2 sellers seem to survive selling it. When you are selling said item does your accounts just get deleted after a few days?

Just can't understand the other account, that was selling items that were not in high demand or good sellers etc. Maybe it has just been random and I am now paranoid :suspicious:

Whiteberry x

unkown5454 01-12-2015 06:08 PM

Correct. Once it's caught, shop is deleted. With the last few attempts, they have found it usually within a week time frame.

I am working on a complete redesign for the next shop. This item starts making sales within 24-48 hours of being listed, so I'm not giving up on it yet. Any competitor I see right now is fairly new, so they will fall in due time I assume.

It's hard to say exactly. Getting the store up is easy.