Question About VCCs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Question About VCCs

A little background...

I won a bunch of stuff in December on eBay before my PayPal account got suspended. I wanted all of the items though, so I created new PayPal accounts. I shipped everything to my PO Box. I knew it was an address on an account that was banned, but these were not for stealth so I didn't care if they all got burned. I just wanted the items.

I literally had to use a different Prepaid card for each PayPal account. I probably had at least 20. It would always work to buy the first item and then if I tried to buy a second item eBay would say I need to go to PayPal and confirm my card. If I added other cards to the account they would not work. I believe there is supposed to be a link next to the card to start the confirmation process. It was not there. Is this because PayPal wouldn't let me because they had linked the accounts even though they allowed me to purchase an item? Or because gift cards can't pass AVS?

I'm hoping the heightened Xmas security has died down by now so I'd like to try to make a stealth seller account. I tried around the same time and got 0/0. I'd like to use a VCC instead of a real CC but want to make sure I don't have the same problem.

My question is what went on here? All of these items were from only one eBay account with numerous PayPal accounts. Why would they repeatedly let me send items to an address linked to a suspended account? Also the PayPal accounts were not suspended. They just didn't have anywhere to confirm my VCC.
Is this something new with VCCs where they only work once and then are burned? Are VCCs still good to open seller accounts with?

Last edited by usastrat; 02-11-2015 at 08:33 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Question About VCCs

In the top right hand corner of paypal is a cogwheel icon. Click on that and then you go to the MONEY section and when you click on your card it will say say CONFIRM and when you click that it will take you to the page to ENTER CODE which will be sent to the VCC statement and confirm address.

This has been on paypal as long as i can remember.
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

That's what I'm saying. The link was not there.
Old 02-12-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
That's what I'm saying. The link was not there.
I operate from mobiles and on two of my phones, i cannot access the cogwheel as bunneh explains, easily.

This is how i get it when i cant access it.

I type in google....paypal four digit code. For some reason that takes me automatucally to a page where there are three buttons at top. Summary, activity and.sonething else. Its the middle one, activity. That takes me to the page with the cog.wheel at the top.
When you get there, follow bunnehs instructions.

Bizarre i know, but on two phones, i actually have to do this to access it :-)
Old 02-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Which VCC you using usastrat?
Old 02-12-2015
Threadstarter  

I guess I should say that. I have a $25 VISA card from my bank that they sent me because I redeemed a certain number of reward dollars. It is not a Vanilla, or like anything you can buy at the store. It actually says the banks name on it as well as my own REAL name. Do you think this will work? I'm guessing it might fail because my real and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name won't match for billing checks?
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:
I guess I should say that. I have a $25 VISA card from my bank that they sent me because I redeemed a certain number of reward dollars. It is not a Vanilla, or like anything you can buy at the store. It actually says the banks name on it as well as my own REAL name. Do you think this will work? I'm guessing it might fail because my real and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name won't match for billing checks?
Do not use real CC
Old 02-12-2015
Threadstarter  

It's not a real credit card. It's a prepaid Visa gift card, but it has my real name on it because it a promo thing from my bank.

Also, I want to be able to buy stuff on eBay too. Why can't I use a real CC?
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:
It's not a real credit card. It's a prepaid Visa gift card, but it has my real name on it because it a promo thing from my bank.

Also, I want to be able to buy stuff on eBay too. Why can't I use a real CC?
Not familiar with US operations so the giftcard, i cannot advise on.

Using a real CC would mean that pp see your real details and it wouldnt match yr stealth details :-)
Old 02-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

This is the direct link

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...thdrawal_limit

to charge the card $1.95 can save it
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
signal63 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-12-2015
Threadstarter  

But you can change a real CC billing address to whatever you want. I can make it my stealth address. It is my understanding that banks do not let PP check the name on the billing address, just the address itself. Is that correct? I think I asked my banker this when I opened my second checking account and he said they just check to make sure the addresses match. If this is all true I don't think I should have a problem using a real CC.

I need to be able to buy on eBay too without paying the $5 VCC transaction fee every time.

Last edited by usastrat; 02-12-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:
But you can change a real CC billing address to whatever you want. I can make it my stealth address. It is my understanding that banks do not let PP check the name on the billing address, just the address itself. Is that correct? I think I asked my banker this when I opened my second checking account and he said they just check to make sure the addresses match. If this is all true I don't think I should have a problem using a real CC.

I need to be able to buy on eBay too without paying the $5 VCC transaction fee every time.
PP only see the the sort code and account number when verifying your account.
BUT
if you submit real card details to.confirm, then it will fail because it will not match yr stealth address
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:

I dont pretend to know anything about.US stealth operations but plz explain to me how you can change your address to a stealth one on your REAL cc.

Also why are you paying a transaction fee of that amount. If you want to buy, then use your VCC ( which i suggest you use ) or use your paypal balance

US members....am i right on this?
Old 02-12-2015
Threadstarter  

The fee is when you purchase the card. There is a $3 - $5 "processing" fee so a $25 VCC really costs like $28.

You can just call your bank and say "change my billing address to _______ ". They don't care. I just did it for the real CC I want to use and was not asked for any sort of proof of residence. You can have a PO Box be your CC billing address. Also, USPS lets you use the physical street address of the Post Office and then you just add your box number, so you really get 2 addresses from one PO Box. Both can be a billing address.

I have several credit cards from the same bank and they don't all have the same billing address.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usastrat For This Useful Post:
signal63 (02-13-2015), yllinu (03-01-2015)
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:
The fee is when you purchase the card. There is a $3 - $5 "processing" fee so a $25 VCC really costs like $28.

You can just call your bank and say "change my billing address to _______ ". They don't care. I just did it for the real CC I want to use and was not asked for any sort of proof of residence. You can have a PO Box be your CC billing address. Also, USPS lets you use the physical street address of the Post Office and then you just add your box number, so you really get 2 addresses from one PO Box. Both can be a billing address.

I have several credit cards from the same bank and they don't all have the same billing address.
Never heard of such a thing so will have to take your word for it.
I cant imagine going into my bank and asking to change billing.address and they dont question why and "dont care""

If it was as easy as that, i would think we would all be doing that but youre definately the first post ive read stating you can do this.

Well if you believe you can, i wont comment as from UK, then good luck with that. Coz part of me thinks youre gonna need it.

Looking.forward to some replies on this.coz im very interested as never heard of such a thing :-)
Old 02-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Yeah. Maybe it's different in the UK.

I have US Bank. I have 3 real credit cards from them. One billing address is my house, one is my PO box and one is the PO box using the Post Office address and adding my box number.

Not even a single question or hesitation from them to change my billing address. As long as they have a physical address for you on your entire account I don't think they care what your CC billing addresses are.

So I should be OK to use them because PP will never be able to see my real name attached to them?
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:
Yeah. Maybe it's different in the UK.

I have US Bank. I have 3 real credit cards from them. One billing address is my house, one is my PO box and one is the PO box using the Post Office address and adding my box number.

Not even a single question or hesitation from them to change my billing address. As long as they have a physical address for you on your entire account I don't think they care what your CC billing addresses are.

So I should be OK to use them because PP will never be able to see my real name attached to them?
I will leave this for a.US member to answer because ive never heardbof this and given that im.UK based, it would be wrong of me to advise when this is something ive not heard of.

Hang fire as someone will be able to help. good luck anyway :-)
Old 02-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I have used a real credit cards to stealth accounts - I have changed the address of cc to match pp address. I did keep this account only for buying. Just my own experiences