eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Can Paypal find out your address from your Passport? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/82965-can-paypal-find-out-your-address-your-passport.html)

DaveyMames 02-16-2015 11:34 AM

Can Paypal find out your address from your Passport?

I'm going to change my last name because I'm already banned on Paypal. So I'll get a passport with a new last name that way Paypal can't link my accounts.

I'm getting my bank statement sent to a different address as well as you need a bank statement along with passport scan to lift EU limits.

I was just wondering if paypal can still find out my address from my passport since the passport doesn't actually show your address?

BigCJ 02-16-2015 01:14 PM

Re: Can Paypal find out your address from your Passport?

there have been issues like this on the board lately.
That paypal can cross reference the passport number to the actual database and it may cause issues since the info obviously will not match.

DaveyMames 02-16-2015 02:13 PM

I know that. What I'm asking is I will get a legitamate passport and change my last name on it legally. That way Paypal can't link my old name & date of birth. The address isn't shown on the passport but can Paypal find out the address of the passport by checking the passport number in the database?

Haidukken 02-16-2015 02:39 PM

If you get new name and passport then it's virtually impossible for them to connect the two dots without any external information or access to any previous data, from a database.
I'm pretty sure Paypal is not allowed to cross reference your personal details with any data out there? Surely Passport is as private of a document as they come and they should only check it or share it once they have legal obligation or reason to investigate you or your name.

RosieTosie 02-16-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haidukk (Post 642980)
If you get new name and passport then it's virtually impossible for them to connect the two dots without any external information or access to any previous data, from a database.
I'm pretty sure Paypal is not allowed to cross reference your personal details with any data out there? Surely Passport is as private of a document as they come and they should only check it or share it once they have legal obligation or reason to investigate you or your name.

Then you have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and highly illegal passport haidukk!

DaveyMames 02-16-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 642983)

We were talking about a legitimate passport so I don't know what you're talking about.

Haidukken 02-16-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 642983)

Haha, luckily I have changed my passport before and I've never received an illegal or **** passport from local passport office.:mod:

RosieTosie 02-16-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyMames (Post 642989)
We were talking about a legitimate passport so I don't know what you're talking about.

I was talking about what haidukk seemed to be talking about in his comment get a passport with a stealth name on it !

danshan 02-16-2015 04:07 PM

that is an awesome Idea. how hard is it to do it though and cost?

Callidus 02-17-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 642995)
I was talking about what haidukk seemed to be talking about in his comment get a passport with a stealth name on it !

He's talking about changing his name LEGALLY and then updating his passport so it has his new second name.

That is VERY extreme!

There is no such thing as running the passport number through a database.

They are asked to enter certain parts of the long passport number to confirm it's authenticity.

GreenBean 02-17-2015 07:01 AM

Urban myths abounding AGAIN.

Try to function in the land of the real could you.

Getting boring all these fantasies.

Seriously: LEARN TO READ WHAT IS WRITTEN and stop assuming OR surmising.

:mad:

rsot 02-17-2015 11:32 AM

In many cases...paypal only has information that you provided them. If a passport has no address - provided that pp doesn't have some crazy subpoena on you for illegal activity and are cooperating with the police, highly unlikely that they could see your address

oompaloompa 02-17-2015 11:52 AM

has stealth come to this? where you have to change your name....gosh

ooooo.halo 02-22-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 643284)
has stealth come to this? where you have to change your name....gosh

Gosh.....exactly what i was thinking :-)

luverlyjuberly 02-22-2015 12:05 PM

I've been considering changing my name. Some of us don't like the name given us by our parents. If i can then get a real eBay account that's a motivation to actually do.

JamesNorth101 02-22-2015 12:11 PM

No need to change your name to get an eBay account.