eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   advise from ex paypal employee (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/83824-advise-ex-paypal-employee.html)

two3aight1 03-13-2015 11:55 AM

advise from ex paypal employee

I was searching around the net brushing up on my stealth education and i came across this from paypalsucks com

Idk if this has been posted here before and im sure the info here has been talked about but here it is anyways. Maybe it will help someone out...

Post by former PayPal employee #2
Rights Reserved, NoPayPal.com/PayPalSucsks.com

As an ex-employee of paypal I understand the frustration this company has put you through. Most of the employees who knew what they were doing have left the company because of their practices. I will check these forums when I can and assist people including giving specific complete names, work numbers, and email addresses of people to contact. For years PayPal has told their employees not to give out their last names. This is done simply to make it more difficult for you to communicate properly with the company and to make it more difficult for you to seek restitution against an individual.

The company does not make decisions on your accounts. All decisions are made by one person on the Omaha fraud team. The decision to lift the limited access on your account comes from one person in resolution services. If someone on the fraud team makes a quote "no appeals" you are done. The resolution services team will not even try to lift the limited access on your account but will continue to tell you that you need to fax in documentation.

If you already have a limited access account and want to continue to use PayPal, although I don't know why, you need to clear all of your cookies and cache and change your IP. Do not use anonymizer or other public anonymous IP's since they have a team that just reviews those logins. Your best bet is to use AOL dial up. Also all bank accounts on your account will be inactive. If you add them to your new account it immediately will be flagged and shortly will also have a limited access. Contact your bank if your account is placed on limited access and report your cards and bank accounts as lost stolen. This does 2 things. First, PayPal will not be able to debit funds from your bank account to get back any recent ach transactions. They also may attempt to debit your account if your PayPal accounts fall negative. Second, this allows you to continue banking at the same location but have a new debit card and bank account numbers.

The fraud team does use some tools that show a percentage of like information on 2 or more accounts. For instance if you have the same name one 2 accounts with the same address they will find your other account. Make certain that you use a new address, even a po box works. If you have a PO box try to get one with a different zip code, state and city. The tools they use compare the following, name, social security number, address, bank accounts, credit cards, auction id's, bank routing numbers. These also include things you attempted to add but were unsuccessful. Also if you believe you removed a bank, address, or credit card from your first account you are wrong. Members of the fraud team still see that information and will use it to link your other accounts.

The other advice I have for everyone who uses PayPal is to get your money out as soon as possible. If you are going to continue to use PayPal call them at the number above and request to have a feature called Auto Sweep turned on. This is a feature that they do not advertise but is available. This takes all the money in your account at the end of the day and automatically withdrawals it to your bank account. You need to give them your Social Security Number and also lift your withdrawal limit before they will allow this. When you call, if the rep does not know what you are talking about ask them to transfer you to a professional or look in the knowledge base under auto sweep.

Another FYI do not withdrawal more than $2500.00 in a 24 hour period or over a weekend. You may hit the ques and invite someone to place a limited access on your account. If you withdrawal more than $5000.00 in a 24 period you will also hit a que and they will look at your account. There are also another 50-100 ques that can flag your account. I will not go into detail since they are in place to protect consumers and actually work.

If any of you have had problems with a single employee please post their name and what department they are in and I will respond with their full name and phone number if know them. If you have to contact a person directly at PayPal most employees email addresses are their first initial last name @paypal

One other thing, when you try to send a payment via credit card and you are not given that option it is because of a thing called the risk model. Usually it is a high risk transaction and you or the seller have entered some type of fraud

YEbayY 03-13-2015 01:18 PM

Re: advise from ex paypal employee

Thats quite good dude thanks for the post

two3aight1 03-13-2015 01:24 PM

No prob. I dont post here alot im too busy selling but when i came across this i figered itd be a nice way to contribute to the forum a bit

moelm 03-13-2015 03:19 PM

Hello, i had my paypal limited and they freez my fund for 180 days.
is it possible to get my money befor 180 days is there any way to do it?
and am i able to get back to paypal again?
if i do what you sad by changing my adress, can i keep my name? i beleive i can't change my name in order to be able to withdraw money no?
and if they request proof of adress after a while how can i afford it?
thanks for answering me my questions
have a nice day

jeffweico 03-13-2015 06:34 PM

Not without an attorney.
Yes.
if i do what you sad by changing my adress, can i keep my name? i beleive i can't change my name in order to be able to withdraw money no?
The same name is not a good idea. But you WILL be able to withdraw.
Nobody here can answer that question, because we don't know your financial situation.
have a nice day

wtfebay 03-13-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 650050)
Not without an attorney.

Wrong. I did it and have proof. I even got my account reinstated when they told me it would be a permanent limitation without the ability to appeal.

unkown5454 03-13-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 650054)
Wrong. I did it and have proof. I even got my account reinstated when they told me it would be a permanent limitation without the ability to appeal.

There is huge misconception going around and it totally depends on what you were suspended for. You cannot make a blanket statement that any and all accounts can be reinstated and break the 180 day rule. You have absolutely no clue what this person was suspended for and you are just trying to sound like a bad a$$.

jeffweico 03-13-2015 10:21 PM

All I can tell you is I have heard of VERY FEW cases in which PayPal actually released funds before 180 days had passed. Certainly there is no harm in TRYING, but don't expect that all it takes is a phone call and a sob story to get the funds released immediately.

N7 Shadow 03-13-2015 11:06 PM

What is this 180 day thing I keep hearing about? I can't afford to have my money locked up for 180 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by two3aight1 (Post 649945)
want to continue to use PayPal, although I don't know why,

Yes! Exactly! I DO NOT want to use ebay or Paypal ever again. But I don't know where else to turn. I'm very close to becoming homeless & I'm trying to do whatever I can to avoid that. Ebay is the only way I know to make money from home.

I want to earn a living for myself but I've never been very good at making money. Some people are good at certain things, other's aren't.

dealagreeproceed 03-14-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N7 Shadow (Post 650095)
What is this 180 day thing I keep hearing about? I can't afford to have my money locked up for 180 days.

Yes! Exactly! I DO NOT want to use ebay or Paypal ever again. But I don't know where else to turn. I'm very close to becoming homeless & I'm trying to do whatever I can to avoid that. Ebay is the only way I know to make money from home.

I want to earn a living for myself but I've never been very good at making money. Some people are good at certain things, other's aren't.

:doh::doh::doh::croc::focus:

SilentHill 03-14-2015 12:43 AM

if you send 1000 emails to them you might get funds early......... back to topic tho thanks for this post.

N7 Shadow 03-14-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 650109)
:doh::doh::doh::croc::focus:

Thanks for the great answer to my question. I really learned a whole lot from that! When I lose everything & I'm homeless I'll think back to all these wonderful smilies and all the help I received.

This is one of the reasons why I want nothing to do with any of this. You try to learn but you can't get any answers. Years go by & you STILL can't find an answer to your question. I have nothing better to do than waste time!

vogeltron 03-15-2015 05:13 AM

The paypal sucks website most of those whistle-blower accounts are from like 2005-07. They are almost 10 years old. Once upon a time it was worthy information. It is quite dated and irrelevant in my opinion.

rsot 03-15-2015 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moelm (Post 650014)
have a nice day

Welcome to the forums. Lots of posts deal with your question - best to start searching.

oompaloompa 03-15-2015 11:26 AM

@n7 the 180 hold can happen to any stealther but most of us avoid it with a mixture of being careful with who you deal with, set up methods, what you sell and staying under the radar in numerous ways, you can learn how by staying on the forum.....the reason someone threw smilies at you is because there is no point whining about the game....play it or don't...

there was a template letter on the forum and it was helpful, of how someone unlocked....it might be the other poster, maybe they can re-post it....but I agree, I do not think it is likely once they have made their decision....

oompaloompa 03-15-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moelm (Post 650014)
have a nice day

of course you can get back on if you want to, we all have here.....

you can withdraw in mismatched names, it depends on bank, if unsure you could try a name variation or a business name...and yes, you need a new address. Proof of address, this can be sorted out, ask for advice on the forum if it happens....

dealagreeproceed 03-15-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N7 Shadow (Post 650189)
Thanks for the great answer to my question. I really learned a whole lot from that! When I lose everything & I'm homeless I'll think back to all these wonderful smilies and all the help I received.

This is one of the reasons why I want nothing to do with any of this. You try to learn but you can't get any answers. Years go by & you STILL can't find an answer to your question. I have nothing better to do than waste time!

:attention::attention::attention: