eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   The chain of IP addresses (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/84252-chain-ip-addresses.html)

Haidukken 03-26-2015 03:08 PM

The chain of IP addresses

Right...
This has NOT happened to me, but as I was changing my IP addresses I started wondering about something:
If I have an account, call it Bill Cosby, and that account has many different IP addresses over time. Maybe 5 different IP addresses.
If Bill there goes and lists some VeRo items, never returns messages, lists with wrong information, sells stolen goods... goes as far as not even shipping items at first place! Bill will then get banned and so he should.
BUT
Does that mean that ALL the different IP addresses that Bill used to log in over time will be blacklisted? Meaning, if Bill had 5 different IP addresses, do all 5 of them are now a HUGE NO NO or is it only the last IP that Bill used?

My brain says that it's all 5 IP addresses that Bill ****ed up, but my left big toe thinks it's only the last IP that is now blacklisted.

:Spy:

JamesNorth101 03-26-2015 03:15 PM

Re: The chain of IP addresses

No such thing as an outright blacklisted IP.

IP addresses rotate so much these days that doing so would just catch out a lot of innocent people that may also end up using the IP.

The entire IP range may be on a 'watch closer' list, but it would take a number of other similarities before any action would be taken by eBay/PayPal

Haidukken 03-26-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 654070)
No such thing as an outright blacklisted IP.

IP addresses rotate so much these days that doing so would just catch out a lot of innocent people that may also end up using the IP.

The entire IP range may be on a watch list, but it would take a number of other similarities before any action would be taken by eBay

So when Bill get's banned I should not use the IP addresses for a while, but after some time it's OK to be logging in with them again?

JamesNorth101 03-26-2015 03:20 PM

I would never use the same IP address on more than 1 account no matter what.

123 03-27-2015 05:09 AM

IP is one piece of the puzzle, they try to match multiple factors to make a link

but yeah never knowingly reuse an ip that was used before that wouldnt be a good idea

Haidukken 03-27-2015 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 654239)
IP is one piece of the puzzle, they try to match multiple factors to make a link

but yeah never knowingly reuse an ip that was used before that wouldnt be a good idea

Thanks both of you guys for the input.
I don't want, nor do I have a need, to reuse IP actually. Better safe then sorry and like you said- If it's one piece of puzzle, then it's a piece I don't want to give them.

Thanks

SilentHill 03-27-2015 11:29 AM

I don't think ip addresses get blacklisted unless its some type ongoing issue with it.

but yeah why use the same IP anyways? there so easy to get.

muzzie 03-27-2015 11:47 AM

Don't think an IP address can be blacklisted based on a single issue, as in some countries a lot of people have dynamic addresses that are shared by several people. Like these DSL/3G/Modem users. There are millions of people who use dynamic pools, and probably hundreds from them are abusing ebay ;) But if a network constantly abuses EB, it can be under a risk of getting flagged, and lead to a fast suspension of any suspicious accounts that are working from it.

mmartin9999 03-30-2015 07:07 PM

IP blocks do most certainly get banned.

I created a block of 10 accounts last week using a particular IP provider. Within 12 hours of listing the first item, permanent suspension. It happened to every one of those 10 accounts, at the rate of 2 a day(listed on 2 per day).

The other 40 accounts I created at the same time all ok. Those accounts were made using 4 other IP providers and process was identical and listed on 2 accounts per IP provider daily. I did eventually lose 2 of those 40 about 24 hours after the last item sold. I'm assuming bad number/address/name.

fox20c 04-01-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmartin9999 (Post 655301)
IP blocks do most certainly get banned.

I created a block of 10 accounts last week using a particular IP provider. Within 12 hours of listing the first item, permanent suspension. It happened to every one of those 10 accounts, at the rate of 2 a day(listed on 2 per day).

The other 40 accounts I created at the same time all ok. Those accounts were made using 4 other IP providers and process was identical and listed on 2 accounts per IP provider daily. I did eventually lose 2 of those 40 about 24 hours after the last item sold. I'm assuming bad number/address/name.

I agree with this post, but one of the main factors here is that a block of account made around the same time AND using a similar block of IPs will get them limited. The more you spread out the creation of the accounts (time wise) the less likely ebay will catch on and limit the whole lot.