eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   ebay asked to upload driver license photo (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/85517-ebay-asked-upload-driver-license-photo.html)

gtara1 05-07-2015 10:07 AM

ebay asked to upload driver license photo

Called them to ask for increase limit of selling, they asked to upload copy of driver license or bill, which of course can not be done, any suggestions?

Tjmcnich 05-07-2015 10:11 AM

Re: ebay asked to upload driver license photo

were you "verified" before calling with feedback history etc?

J dub 1984 05-07-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjmcnich (Post 666992)
When faxing I would go to a ups store or something and use that machine. Make sure nothing can be tied back to your real info

That's a good idea and I don't know if you have a fax # listed on hand or have faxed them stuff in the past. But make sure you tell them it's from a Retail location as well.

muzzie 05-07-2015 10:55 AM

Never ever call EB with such requests. Just list up to the limits, and they will be lifted automatically. And if they already asked for an ID - you have to be creative.

vogeltron 05-08-2015 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 667009)
Never ever call EB with such requests. Just list up to the limits, and they will be lifted automatically. And if they already asked for an ID - you have to be creative.

100% agree. Even if you limits are raised if you try to sell to much of the wrong product to fast you will be suspended. Your limits don't mean jack to eBay. They still have a algorithm evaluating you all the time based on your selling history, products listed, feedback, DSRs, etc.

If you want to sell on eBay and create accounts for the long run. It takes time and patience. If you want to be one of these perpetual sellers on the forum getting booted that your choice. Most of them sell phakes or very high risk items but won't publicly admit it. If that is the case who cares about building accounts?

For me the majority of my stealth accounts were started in 2008 or 2009 and have been running strong ever since. I still make accounts on the side for backups as everyone should do. The only accounts I have lost were before selling items. Had to do with MC999 and questions when that first started happening.

GhostOfAmazon 05-11-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtara1 (Post 666987)
Called them to ask for increase limit of selling, they asked to upload copy of driver license or bill, which of course can not be done, any suggestions?

Happened on one of my stealth accounts. The subject is hush-hush, but I will give you this advice:

Be creative. Think, are there ways to appease eBay with their request?

There is some info scattered around the forums. Search for it. I cannot say more.

spindoctor 05-12-2015 05:53 AM

Quote:

Called them to ask for increase limit of selling, they asked to upload copy of driver license or billwhich of course can not be done, any suggestions?

Can be done... ;):uk:

MM78 05-12-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Yes, stop calling in!

TonyAlmeida 05-14-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Don't call eBay again :) Never, Ever call them if the account is good. If you don't see "increase your selling limit" link with-in your seller account then there is something with your account eBay do not like or need to be check

GhostOfAmazon 05-14-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 669356)
Don't call eBay again :) Never, Ever call them if the account is good. If you don't see "increase your selling limit" link with-in your seller account then there is something with your account eBay do not like or need to be check

You're free to your own opinion, but please don't fear-monger.

Several members have reported outstanding success calling eBay for limit increases.

There's always a risk, but it's up to individual members to determine whether a given risk is suitable to them or not.

TonyAlmeida 05-14-2015 06:43 PM

It is your choice to advice member to call for increase limit. It's my choice to advice member not to call.

GhostOfAmazon 05-14-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 669466)
It is your choice to advice member to call for increase limit. It's my choice to advice member not to call.

You stated:

Quote:

If you don't see "increase your selling limit" link with-in your seller account then there is something with your account eBay do not like or need to be check
This is false, aka "fear-mongering". I didn't say "don't voice your opinion", I said "don't fear monger". There's a difference.

TonyAlmeida 05-14-2015 08:50 PM

ok ok :) You are God :) not Ghost :)

My bad, I should be listen to you and thank you

GhostOfAmazon 05-14-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 669500)
ok ok :) You are God :) not Ghost :)

My bad, I should be listen to you and thank you

No, I'm just a member here who has his own views and experiences, like yourself.

I don't think I'm better than you and I don't think I know more than you.
I DO, however, believe that telling people that if they call eBay, something bad will most likely happen is not good advice, because my experience (and that of others) has shown differently.

TonyAlmeida 05-15-2015 12:14 AM

You are right :) I will keep my keyboard shut

rsot 05-15-2015 01:36 AM

Quote:

Can be done with creativity

GreenBean 05-15-2015 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 669530)
You are right :) I will keep my keyboard shut

And we can wish that GOAt kept quiet as well.

:brushteeth:

GhostOfAmazon 05-15-2015 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 669560)
And we can wish that GOAt kept quiet as well.

:brushteeth:

What is it you always say? "Unwise to assume"? :nono:

Speak for yourself from now on.