Using 24VC & l2tP vs PPTP difference? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-08-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%
Default Using 24VC & l2tP vs PPTP difference?

Ok so just for starters I know I could drop 24vc a message instead of posting on the forum but anything related to stealth I like keeping on here.

I just got a fresh Dedicated IP from 24vc and want to use it but don't know exactly the best way to do so. I get nervous when implementing new stealth strategies for obvious reasons (linkage).

My main question is what is the difference between L2TP and PPTP? I see they offer both when you get the package I got but I have 0 clue what each mean for my stealth use.

My other question is ...how exaclty does one use this correctly for stealth? Do I still login to my dedicated user on my mac (since it has all my cookies etc)? I saw 123 post something along the lines of having 5 windows up and multi-tasking between each of them. How is that possible without cookies getting mixed between the accounts?

I just introduced shipstation to my stealth list and its amazing. Its just when it comes to the ACTUAL IP ....I need to make sure I do EVERYTHING 100% correctly the first time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Using 24VC & l2tP vs PPTP difference?

Those are just network protocols, it really makes no difference which one you choose as far as eBay Stealth purposes go, if you want to get technical than L2TP offers more encryption and considered more secure than PPTP.

But as far as our needs go for eBay Stealth, you should really just use whichever one you find easiest to connect to and some router's firewall react better to PPTP while others L2TP etc

As for my personal setup and multi tasking, you can achieve this easily with VMware. It makes managing multiple accounts very easy, think of it like firefox except each tab is a new computer. So for example you can have five tabs open meaning you have 5 different computers running at the same time and if you combine that with a VPN you can literally have 5 different ip addresses running at the same time. So it makes multi-tasking between accounts extremely convenient and easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
My main question is what is the difference between L2TP and PPTP? I see they offer both when you get the package I got but I have 0 clue what each mean for my stealth use.
L2TP is more secure than PPTP, but it require more processing power to operate. In stealth case, I just want to hide my real IP address from ebay, I don't really care about russian hacker trying to tap into my traffic, so I prefer PPTP. Mac has this feature built in (L2TP too though) so you don't need to install any software to use it. PPTP is lighter and work like a charm. If you plan to run a few accounts on a single computer simultaneously, I suggest you opt for PPTP since L2TP's encrypt-decrypt tasks will quickly eat up your RAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk
My other question is ...how exaclty does one use this correctly for stealth? Do I still login to my dedicated user on my mac (since it has all my cookies etc)? I saw 123 post something along the lines of having 5 windows up and multi-tasking between each of them. How is that possible without cookies getting mixed between the accounts?
Having as many user accounts up simultaneously wont mixed their cookies. You need to setup PPTP on every user account you have (differect VPN account hopefully) and you're ready to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to hodgesdavid684 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Wait so I go into each user account and set up the VPN ...then log back into my main user account, from there can I get all those VPN's running on 1 user account without mixing the cookies if I say have firefox running?

VMware works by linking your say 4 computers to 1 main computer that inturn you can run all 3 other computers correct? So to do what 123 is saying I'd need dedicated computers not user accounts like I have now, right?

Its no biggie if I have to login it each user account, but it would be cool if I could just access all them from one username.

And if it is possible how is this achieved? VMware?

Not to savvy when it comes to this stuff but its just another stealth learning curve I'll get threw.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 06-08-2015 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgesdavid684 View Post
L2TP is more secure than PPTP, but it require more processing power to operate. In stealth case, I just want to hide my real IP address from ebay, I don't really care about russian hacker trying to tap into my traffic, so I prefer PPTP. Mac has this feature built in (L2TP too though) so you don't need to install any software to use it. PPTP is lighter and work like a charm. If you plan to run a few accounts on a single computer simultaneously, I suggest you opt for PPTP since L2TP's encrypt-decrypt tasks will quickly eat up your RAM.
Amazing explanation. Makes perfect sense now, thank you!!!!
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Wait so I go into each user account and set up the VPN ...then log back into my main user account, from there can I get all those VPN's running on 1 user account without mixing the cookies if I say have firefox running?

VMware works by linking your say 4 computers to 1 main computer that inturn you can run all 3 other computers correct? So to do what 123 is saying I'd need dedicated computers not user accounts like I have now, right?

Its no biggie if I have to login it each user account, but it would be cool if I could just access all them from one username.

And if it is possible how is this achieved? VMware?

Not to savvy when it comes to this stuff but its just another stealth learning curve I'll get threw.

No if you use VMware you dont need multiple user accounts, you can manage them all from one user account. Think of VMware like firefox you open it up and each tab is a new computer, and you manage them all from one user account
Old 06-08-2015
Threadstarter  

So theres a ton of different products when you go to their site...

Which one do I buy? I just read some threads on VMware and it makes a bit more sense. Kinda tired so tomorrow more than likely this will all sink in.

What I do know is that stealth is about to become a piece of cake! I always hestiated using these services because of linkage but the bigger my businesses get the harder it is to log in and out constantly everyday. Also knowing one slip up can cause linkage. Talk about a stressful job, ONE MISTAKE and you can loose it all. How many jobs out there don't allow room for 1 error? Not many...
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So theres a ton of different products when you go to their site...

Which one do I buy? I just read some threads on VMware and it makes a bit more sense. Kinda tired so tomorrow more than likely this will all sink in.

What I do know is that stealth is about to become a piece of cake! I always hestiated using these services because of linkage but the bigger my businesses get the harder it is to log in and out constantly everyday. Also knowing one slip up can cause linkage. Talk about a stressful job, ONE MISTAKE and you can loose it all. How many jobs out there don't allow room for 1 error? Not many...
Ha very true, and yeah I use workstation but can also use fusion:

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/inf...rkstation/11_0
Old 06-12-2015

Quote:
Ok so just for starters I know I could drop 24vc a message instead of posting on the forum but anything related to stealth I like keeping on here.

I just got a fresh Dedicated IP from 24vc and want to use it but don't know exactly the best way to do so. I get nervous when implementing new stealth strategies for obvious reasons (linkage).

I just introduced shipstation to my stealth list and its amazing. Its just when it comes to the ACTUAL IP ....I need to make sure I do EVERYTHING 100% correctly the first time.
I can vouch for 24vc and 123.

Been using VMware and several Dedicated IP's for a while now. Really simple to use. Took me a while to figure it out and get it all set up but 123 really helped me out.

Now I can check email, do customer service, print labels and leave feedback on several accounts all within 30 minutes without having to log in and out.

Here are the steps:
1 - Start VMware
2 - Power on virtual machines
3 - Log into VPN (Shortcut on the desktop)
4 - Open up Firefox (IPBurger as HomePage)

All of the desktop pictures has the stealth name and IP address to match the accounts so it takes 2 seconds to verify.

That's it. Simple.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Escalade For This Useful Post:
123 (06-12-2015)