PayPal requesting SSN/EIN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default PayPal requesting SSN/EIN

I've read a bunch of dated threads on the matter, curious if anything has changed on resolution of this issue.

Got the dreaded 'To comply with IRS rules, we ask that you submit your tax id' email. I assume I got the email due to my 200 sales / $20k projection.

Backstory: This is my 2nd paypal as my original acct is locked forever. Original account was fully verified, with ssn. This new acct, not in my real name (slight variance in spelling), new bank acct, new address, gvoice phone #, proxy ip.

The account has been 'limited' since it started, to where I haven't been able to deposit money, but I can receive and withdraw (which is exactly what I need it for). Don't care to deposit into it. Now with this email, its saying that it'll be suspended if I don't provide SSN/EIN.

I do have a legit EIN with my real information, but in order to register the PP as a business, it's requesting that I enter my SSN. Which I assume would instantly lock the account since its linked to the old locked verified account.

Can someone suggest a resolution?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: PayPal requesting SSN/EIN

Admin/Mod, you can kill this thread. I think I found my answer. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Aw wth, why was my other thread deleted and not this one.... I actually had a legitimate question in my other thread. -sigh-

TLDR from my deleted, can you still withdraw from a limited account POST email? The email I got only said that I wouldnt be able to 'request funds' and 'receive' funds.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doL View Post
Aw wth, why was my other thread deleted and not this one.... I actually had a legitimate question in my other thread. -sigh-

TLDR from my deleted, can you still withdraw from a limited account POST email? The email I got only said that I wouldnt be able to 'request funds' and 'receive' funds.
Yes you can withdraw
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
doL (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Ah fantastic news. I went full stupid on one of my accounts and there is about $800 pending. Thanks Yankee.
Old 07-01-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doL View Post
Admin/Mod, you can kill this thread. I think I found my answer. Thanks.
i need your help! whats the answer? how u get pass it?
Old 07-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony7885 View Post
i need your help! whats the answer? how u get pass it?
The answer was... You can't get around it. If you get hit with the request to provide SSN/EIN, the account is essentially dead for the current tax year. Sounds like you'll be able to withdraw if you have pending funds in the account, but other than that, consider the account frozen until next year.
Old 07-02-2015

I came across this problem within last couple days. First I received notice at about 100-120 transactions and $3000 gross. I was expecting it, so I would upgrade to EIN. However the case was that I couldnt upgrade to Business Account through the site. So, what I did was I called PP and asked for my account to be upgraded to business and the guy went on: "Well, you created your account as Personal and we can request SSN information anytime we want" I went on saying that it would be very inconvenient for me to add SSN as this is a business account and was meant to be like that since the beginning. I said that they shouldnt even ask for SSN before their projections of 200 transactions and 20,000 sales as stated on their site (I know they dont follow it). Anyway, I was insisting for him to do something about it and he said "OK, I will try to upgrading the account to Business" and I gave him bogus EIN (as I have just applied for mine and it will take a week or so to receive) but I had done this process (attaching bogus EIN for some time). And in few seconds he told me the account was now Business. So, I went on and filled the information out until the last page which was reading something about "Patriotic Act". And as I read somewhere here to just open few new tabs and just type paypal dot com to bypass it; it didnt work like that and I received account limitation asking for more info "Photo ID" "Utility Bill". But anyway even before I could see my account limited I had to fill out the information in that "Patriotic Act" page. All the info was made up but it still passed. Right now I am just working out on getting those docs to further supply them to see what happens.
Old 07-06-2015

I got stuck n this loop also. Asking For EIN, but when I supplied Ein, it said I had to upgrade, but when I tried to upgrade was told I cannot upgrade because account was limited. I called paypal they told me I had to supply my ss# first then upgrade. I told them I wont give my ss# to anyone on the internet for obvious security issues. I pointed out all the ebay, Fed Govt hacking issues. I was told this was a new policy. I finally went to enter SS # entered my EIN, and it went through. Then I upgraded to a business account, using same EIN. So Far so good. Ill repost in a couple days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8989 For This Useful Post:
galigusso (08-16-2015), SM2015 (08-20-2015)
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Yeah Joe, keep us posted. I'm curious about this.

I have a legit EIN that I can use, linked to my real SSN. I'm curious if that would be an issue...
Old 07-15-2015

Its been a bit over a week, and my paypal account is still going strong. I've made sales , purchases, and withdrawals.
So If anything changes I will post it. But the EIN works as a ss# for paypal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8989 For This Useful Post:
ebayerOG (07-15-2015), galigusso (08-16-2015), yankee (07-16-2015)
Old 07-15-2015

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by joew8989 View Post
Its been a bit over a week, and my paypal account is still going strong. I've made sales , purchases, and withdrawals.
way to go man. This is gold

just make sure to wait at least 2 weeks to add the EIN after receiving it from irs.gov - it takes 2 weeks for it to update in their databases, and paypal needs EIN to come back as a MATCH in order to work long term

so everyone - have an EIN handy and ready to use

Last edited by ebayerOG; 07-15-2015 at 10:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebayerOG For This Useful Post:
yankee (07-16-2015)
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joew8989 View Post
Wow! So there is no difference for the database... very interesting!
Old 08-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Even if you have tricked them for the time being, if you sell over 200 transactions and 20k the account is going to be locked. It is an absolute fact. There may be some short term delays and a few weeks is nothing. Its a fact if you go over 200 transactions and 20k it locked. Normally it is locked way before by PayPal.

If you think you have found a loophole for US stealth I guarantee you haven't.

This law started ending 2010 tax year. First year PayPal treated it either or. Now they calculator both limits as to getting close to protect themselves. I have had account limited for the year because I got to close to 200 transaction way less than $20k only to get them back in Lat Jan/Feb of the next year after the 1099k was sent out everyone else.

My advice for everyone. There is no Diet pill or Stealth pill to make you skinny or invincible. You have to go through the stealth process plain and simple. It sucks I know it does. I have 10x as many stealth accounts as I did before the law way back when I started in 2008. You have to learn and adapt.

Last edited by vogeltron; 08-20-2015 at 05:49 AM.