eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   New stealth accounts getting restricted when previously the weren't (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/87688-new-stealth-accounts-getting-restricted-when-previously-werent.html)

indielad1010 07-20-2015 06:31 PM

New stealth accounts getting restricted when previously the weren't

I've been selling on ebay for ten years, and know it's never wise to rely on just one ebay account. The main problem with Ebay is that they inevitabley close many legitamate accounts because they think problems and issues on accounts always happen in a uniform manner throughout the year. This doesn't actually happen in the real world, i've had long periods of low defects , cases and negative feedback, and then a plethora of problems in a very short period of time ( for example, during the very cold winter in 2010 which affected delivery time ratings)

For stealth accouints, Ive created new user accounts, removed exif data on photos, changed my address, paypal, phone number, IP, and have worked for aw hile, but now my new accounts get immediately suspended. Now the only thing I can think of thats linking me is my selling behaviour, I'm selling the same items as my banned account, which hundreds of other people sell. However, i start the selling very slowwwwly, and have changed the wordings of the descriptions. The only other thing I can think of is I have the same city as my banned account. Any constructive advice? Funnily enough, the banned accounts brother accounts in the same user accounts have been running fine for months. I think it suggests there's something the detection systems are picking up on new accounts which they ignore on more aged accounts

MM78 07-20-2015 06:41 PM

Re: New stealth accounts getting restricted when previously the weren't

If your item is high risk then your going to get hit every time. Also, you could be getting reported by competitors. So, are you selling high risk/high priced item(s)? And have you tried selling something else to see if you have the same problem?

indielad1010 07-20-2015 06:44 PM

they arent vero, they are new without tags, with a safe brand ive been selling 10 years...

I do have several operational accounts selling the stock, if I did have competitors, they would target my established accounts Im sure.

There must be something the robots are picking up on I havent thought of.

I think your suggestion of selling a few household items then switch back may be worth a try.

alienware7499 07-20-2015 06:51 PM

What are the selling limits for that stealth account? I'm wondering because just this week a friend of mine had 3 stealth accounts immediately suspended after listing one item. She sells a lot of stealth account's, so for her to have 3 accounts suspended after listing one item is very unusual. She was telling me how the accounts with 10 items / $1,000 monthly limit accounts are working fine but it was the 500 item accounts that just this week all became suspended. I'm wondering if the problem could be higher item accounts maybe?

indielad1010 07-20-2015 07:06 PM

They all had 10 items limitation, but I had raised them to 30 items by verification, not sure if that was the reason or its just a coincedence. However, Ive raised limits on dozens of accounts to 30 before no problems. Im not sure ebays got some keyword search in the description and linking me by my city? I doubt anybody else in my city is selling my items. Theres definitely something new in their search criteria.

MM78 07-20-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indielad1010 (Post 687312)
they arent vero, they are new without tags, with a safe brand ive been selling 10 years...

Is the items priced above $100+?

Quote:

I do have several operational accounts selling the stock, if I did have competitors, they would target my established accounts Im sure.
Are you using completely different pictures, backgrounds, Descriptions, etc?

There must be something the robots are picking up on I havent thought of.

Quote:

I think your suggestion of selling a few household items then switch back may be worth a try.
Household items are always a safe bet.

Smoothness 07-20-2015 08:15 PM

this is what i do. i sell one ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item first. meaning i dont have it i steal pic from google and clean it. then i list for price above the msrp but lower than 30. for example 16 dollars for a plastic kids chair used. or a broken as is shooting ear muff. then i list 3 day auction, starting price like 10 dollars. then i do BIN for same item for 3 more days.

then after it doesnt sell i list my real inventory

Lucifer 07-21-2015 09:22 AM

did you bought those acc from here or you made by urself? I have lost 2 good accounts last 4 days.

muzzie 07-21-2015 09:40 AM

I've lost only 1 account last days, and it was only due my mistakes. My personal observation is that if you create an account by following all stealth techniques, it does not guarantee that it will survive the next week. It just makes survival chances higher, but not 100%. So, simple answer - follow all stealth guidelines and create 10s of accounts. Some of them will survive for sure.

Appletvjailbreak 07-21-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoothness (Post 687340)
this is what i do. i sell one ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item first. meaning i dont have it i steal pic from google and clean it. then i list for price above the msrp but lower than 30. for example 16 dollars for a plastic kids chair used. or a broken as is shooting ear muff. then i list 3 day auction, starting price like 10 dollars. then i do BIN for same item for 3 more days.

then after it doesnt sell i list my real inventory

I do something similar to this..seems to work pretty well. I always try to think when I first started selling on eBay how I listed things for more than what everyone else had because that is the price that I wanted to get for the item, not just wanting to sell it to sell it, but that is just me. :)

Trustfund 07-28-2015 05:22 AM

maybe like clearing browser cookies after each account logout raises a red flag, clearing each images EXIF data is also a red flag.

Think about it who else on ebay would do this other than people who've previously been banned or someone stealing another Ebayers images?