selling reproduction on ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default selling reproduction on ebay

Hello
i am new user and got here due to the ebay removing some of my listing due to "Copyright Violation - Unauthorised Item ", i can tell you that it is the second time they are doing this to me, but for different kind of items, and they always make sure to do it 2 weeks after i started selling which is a pain in da butt.
anyway the ebay acc i am using is my only acc, 100 items limit, had it since 2004 or so.

i thought about buying a stealth, my main goal is to be able to sell the repro products, the question is will i be able to do so in a purchased stealth acc or will i run into the same problems, it seems like my current account is marked and there is very little room for error (plus its my 2nd strike), so i cant push my luck.

i bought eBay Stealth, and read some of it and understand the overall concept.

other seller on ebay are selling the same products and their listing dont get removed but i understand it is either my bad luck or competition reporting me, thats why i think a new sealth acc might work, i know this is a kind of product that is deemed to get removed eventually, but if i can get 2 months of selling before that, it is well worth it to me, even if i need to buy new sealth account every other month.

something else i want to know, is exactly how and where do i withdraw the funds, i mean, i got my own paypal acc that is linked to my bank acc and credit card by name. by buying a sealth acc i get a stealth VCC, but what is the process of withdrawing the fund? how do i not use my name in the process so paypal dosent know it is me?

i would love some help and getting some opinions, thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: selling reproduction on ebay

You need to refresh your memory on how stealth accounts operate, you are a subscribed member of this forum so you should have some idea of how these accounts work. The questions you are asking are basic stealth so there is plenty of info in this forum that will answer you, how names work so PayPal doesn't know it's you and the like.
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

OK, so the question is, how long can you sell reproductions on eBay before they ban you?

Nobody can predict that. Some people, as you have noticed, can sell for months before eBay catches up with them and others can get banned in 2 weeks. It is really the luck of the draw.

You can try looking at your listings and comparing them to other listings to see if there are some keywords that are getting your listing flagged, but it could also be competitors reporting you, or the VERO member themselves.

Purchasing an account won't solve that problem. A purchased account selling these types of things could last for days, or it could last for years. There is no such thing as a bullet-proof eBay account.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
sosko (08-14-2015)
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums OP. Reproductions of what? Copyright issues will drag accounts fast...
Old 08-14-2015
Threadstarter  

i am subsribed since today, thats no excuse, just wanted to ask some questions before i dive in and buy a stealth account.

if i manage to get a month of use out of stealth account i will be ok. if the problem is in the listing i already pretty much know what it might be, if its vero or competition i understand i cant really know. so the question is, if i do buy a stealth account, what kind of an account suits me, i think this account will probably get 50 sales a month top, 10 is too low, and 100 is just wishful thinking i reckon.

is this the best course of action if i want to try and continue selling repros? i know you can predict when and if i will get shut down, but as i see it, that is the only way of moving forward.

any reason to buy an aged account or/and account with seller rating?
Old 08-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums OP. Reproductions of what? Copyright issues will drag accounts fast...
thank you, i am happy to be here (though wish i didnt need the support)

video game repros, chinese, mostly nintendo related copyright.

i started selling not long ago, 2 months mybe, there was very little competition, after getting my first listing removal i got it that there was probably similar kind of selling wave in the past, and it was killed by ebay, thats why there was so little competition right now, everyone given up.
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

what is your profit on 50 items a month? Is it worth buying an account?

if you are ok with selling for just 1 month, but prefer longer, then just make alot of accs and age them, sell a few low cost things and then hit the sales at that point..it will soon become apparent if this works. If the listings of this kind are being watched and taken down quickly, and/or they then watch out for similar account patterns, so future accs do not get much chance, then you will soon find out...
Old 08-14-2015
Threadstarter  

i can return the ivestment for 50 item limit account in 5 sales.

12 days after i listed and sold my first repro item of that kind all the listing i had from that same day were removed, and the fresher listings were still alive, the only different were the pictures i took which were stripped down, but i think it has nothing to do with the pictures and eventually they would have takem them down too.

there is another seller who duplicate everything i sell (including my price) his similar sales were also taken down today

a third seller who blantly did a copy paste of an entire aliexpress store (over 300 reproduction), his listing were also completely removed, all of them. and i can tell he used turbo lister, copy paste photos as is, i was shocked to see the copy paste work.

but atleast i feel better seeing i am not alone.

i dont think i am skilled enough to open multiple ebay/paypal acc and do everything correct, mybe i should buy a couple of accounts.

but i am not sure about the limit i need on those.
i get the felling having multiple 10 item limit acc would be the way then, instead of wasting for multiple 50 accs

Last edited by sosko; 08-14-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

You still have the problem of withdrawing the funds, maybe you should get that worked out before you try and operate a stealth account. Also, this forum doesn't approve of people selling reproductions....so asking how long an account can last is just dumb, you know how long an account can last, stealth isn't a miracle thing....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-16-2015), write (08-26-2015)
Old 08-14-2015
Threadstarter  

i find that hard to believe as the majority of the items on ebay are some kind of reproduction. where there is a demand there is someone that supplys it, as long as the item is marketed as reproduction i dont see anything wrong with that.

so how does one withdraw funds when using a stealth account?
Old 08-14-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosko View Post
i find that hard to believe as the majority of the items on ebay are some kind of reproduction. where there is a demand there is someone that supplys it, as long as the item is marketed as reproduction i dont see anything wrong with that.

so how does one withdraw funds when using a stealth account?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-16-2015), write (08-26-2015)
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You do realize ebay will close your account for selling reproductions faster if you say they are reproductions?
Did you realize that ebay does not allow sales of reproductions?
Old 08-14-2015
Threadstarter  

when i said "marketed as repro" i meant let the person know, ofcurse i would not write it blatently in a sale, that is just handing them my ass on a plate.

and i know they dont allow the sale of repro, i realized that after the removed my listing, just trying to figure a way to manipulate that to a certain degree allowing me to complete atleast a month of sales before that happens.
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 60%

OP, i get where you are coming from. You want to get an answer no one can provide you with. As others said - there is no easy route or magic trick. How about changing strategy and sell things that wouldn't put you in that position from start. This forum is packed with folks who did the exact same mistake you did. It would be a smart move to avoid a situation where you are banned again. All this stress etc.. doesn't worth it imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to gonzoman For This Useful Post:
sosko (08-15-2015)
Old 08-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

these 'turn and burn' accs, used to be good for some people when banks were unlimited, eg. europe and usa had more withdraw to card options, but those options are narrowing now, most of us try and preserve an account if possible...
sosko (08-16-2015)
Old 08-17-2015
Threadstarter  

currently i am withdrawing to a payoneer vbc with one problem, paypal outragous currency convertion and conversion "fee", other that is works flawlessly.
i cant withdraw directly to the card, but the card comes with a vba, any money that i transfer there is automaticlly recharged into the card.
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

payoneer is good but are you meaning a payoneer for each of these stealth accounts?
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosko View Post
i can return the ivestment for 50 item limit account in 5 sales.
In short:

Any account sold by a seller here won't be "stronger" against VERO or phake claims than one you make yourself.

If you can make good money on 5 items, use your own 5 item accounts.

But given your location outside the US, eBay will crack down on you hard and often. It's a simple reputation that sellers outside of the US are more likely to sell phakes than US sellers. Not saying it's true, but many customers and retailers think this. Best to get into real business and stop being shady selling phake stuff. No one here is going to endorse your behavior.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
sosko (08-18-2015), unkown5454 (08-18-2015), write (08-26-2015)