Strange...instantly got high selling limits on new account... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Thumbs up Strange...instantly got high selling limits on new account...

Hello, like many of you here I have numerous accounts, and most all start out with very low selling limits. Well today I opened a paypal account and used their internal link to start an account on ebay and BAM....1,000/$25,000 limits. Strange....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG
Default Re: Strange...instantly got high selling limits on new account...

yep, they happen randomly! congrats

take good care of it!
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Happens sometimes.
And its great when it does.
Just be sure to start slow and nurture the account. Would be a shame to lose such an account.
Congrats!
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 64%

hasnt happened to me so enjoy

was it business or personal account
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaz View Post
hasnt happened to me so enjoy

was it business or personal account
Personal or Business doesn't really have an effect on what limits are given by Ebay.
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Nobody here knows exactly why some accounts have high limits and others have low limits. eBay's system for determining this is kept secret (otherwise, we could turn out high limit accounts like hamburgers) which is why the high limit accounts are more valuable that the lower limit accounts.

Having said that, there ARE some things you can do to increase your chances of getting a higher limit account. Browse first. For whatever you are interested in. Look at a few items and add one or two to the watch list. Don't register with eBay and create a seller account 5 minutes later. Give it a few hours, or better yet, a day or two. And use a REAL, residential address that exists. But NEVER use the name of a real person at that address. Yes, if I make a stealth account for "John Smith" there is certainly a real person with that name SOMEWHERE, or more likely several, but you want to make sure that "John Smith" is not a real person at the address you are using.

Don't turn off cookies, etc. eBay and PayPal like to see them. It gives them confidence that you are a real person. Don't register an account and immediately log off. Spend an hour on the site (or just leave it open and click on a new link once in awhile).

After your account has some browsing history, THEN turn it into a seller account. These are not, of course, the only things eBay takes into consideration (and I know that some people will claim none of this matters) but it has worked for me. That is not to say this is a GUARANTEE that you will get a high selling limit. And it can't hurt, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
jjjjj (08-14-2015)
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 51%

all account limits are random to me. somedays I make a bunch of high limit accounts, some days I make a bunch of low limit accounts haha. Just depends on your luck
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Congrats take care of it!
Old 08-14-2015
Banned

Longevity: 73%

ive had it happen to me twice. but one reverted back to 5/500 a few minutes in and the other i think ended up suspended.
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 62%

Same exact thing happened to me and I only opened a seller account to see what my limit would be because my husband opened one and his limit was 5/500. I wonder if his ip recycled and on their blacklist.
Old 08-14-2015

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
ive had it happen to me twice. but one reverted back to 5/500 a few minutes in and the other i think ended up suspended.
The one that got suspended was most likely because it was linked to another account.

When accounts get super high limits and then instantly limited its usually due to a linkage and once the bot catches it, the accounts toast.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-15-2015)
Old 08-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you still have the same selling limits after 48 hours, you are pretty safe, limit wise. Usually, if eBay finds something on your account they don't like, they don't just remove the selling limits, they limit the account altogether.

But even if you have an "unlimited" account, eBay can impose any selling limits they feel necessary at any time. A friend of mine was selling "used" DVD's on his account. Only they were not REALLY used, let's just say they had a different problem. But he always bragged about how he knew how to run an account with eBay and that since I didn't, I needed stealth while he did not.

At present, his "bullet-proof" 7 year old account is limited to 25/1000...
Old 08-15-2015

Longevity: 58%

Why would you have to use a STEALTH name if you can use a REAL name at the real address? Wouldn't it be good if something happens and the person living there can provide documentation as a favor to you? Or even if they can't provide documentation, wouldn't it best to put the REAL name of the person for public record purposes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Nobody here knows exactly why some accounts have high limits and others have low limits. eBay's system for determining this is kept secret (otherwise, we could turn out high limit accounts like hamburgers) which is why the high limit accounts are more valuable that the lower limit accounts.

Having said that, there ARE some things you can do to increase your chances of getting a higher limit account. Browse first. For whatever you are interested in. Look at a few items and add one or two to the watch list. Don't register with eBay and create a seller account 5 minutes later. Give it a few hours, or better yet, a day or two. And use a REAL, residential address that exists. But NEVER use the name of a real person at that address. Yes, if I make a stealth account for "John Smith" there is certainly a real person with that name SOMEWHERE, or more likely several, but you want to make sure that "John Smith" is not a real person at the address you are using.

Don't turn off cookies, etc. eBay and PayPal like to see them. It gives them confidence that you are a real person. Don't register an account and immediately log off. Spend an hour on the site (or just leave it open and click on a new link once in awhile).

After your account has some browsing history, THEN turn it into a seller account. These are not, of course, the only things eBay takes into consideration (and I know that some people will claim none of this matters) but it has worked for me. That is not to say this is a GUARANTEE that you will get a high selling limit. And it can't hurt, right?
Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by access0ner View Post
Why would you have to use a STEALTH name if you can use a REAL name at the real address? Wouldn't it be good if something happens and the person living there can provide documentation as a favor to you? Or even if they can't provide documentation, wouldn't it best to put the REAL name of the person for public record purposes?
That would be identity theft, if you used someones real name without permission
Old 08-15-2015

Ok glad of you to correct that. But I meant the person living there you know, and they will provide ssn and docs. Even if they do know, there's a chance they won't want to provide the docs. why is it better to use a stealth name as opposed to the real name obviously if they allowed you to use it.

why do i have to make sure not to use they're name if they allow it? Is it better to use a stealth name even if they allow it?
Old 08-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

I made business paypal account last week , using DBA and EIN from IRS .. create eBay from link on paypal (business also) and i verify all ... next day eBay show me the limits...500 items or 25K /mo... I'm almost blow away...
The Following User Says Thank You to balsero For This Useful Post:
access0ner (08-24-2015)
Old 08-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsero View Post
I made business paypal account last week , using DBA and EIN from IRS .. create eBay from link on paypal (business also) and i verify all ... next day eBay show me the limits...500 items or 25K /mo... I'm almost blow away...
EIN, Business Paypal have nothing to do with limits.....I just made a regular PayPal + Ebay and got 1,000/$25,000 nothing to write home about.
Old 08-19-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
EIN, Business Paypal have nothing to do with limits.....I just made a regular PayPal + Ebay and got 1,000/$25,000 nothing to write home about.
Well , they must be checking something to give that us high limits almost in 24H , any way , im making new accounts every week just on case .Ebay/PP no be mess around any more with me, for almost 1 year im be off on ebay because they block me , im be making new accounts and geting suspend again , until i find you guys , and Aspkin ebay guide...
Old 08-20-2015

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by access0ner View Post
Ok glad of you to correct that. But I meant the person living there you know, and they will provide ssn and docs. Even if they do know, there's a chance they won't want to provide the docs. why is it better to use a stealth name as opposed to the real name obviously if they allowed you to use it.

why do i have to make sure not to use they're name if they allow it? Is it better to use a stealth name even if they allow it?
Things get can become complicated when you mix family/friends with stealth. Even if they give you permission, there are other important things to consider.

What if the account gets suspended one day? Suspensions happen to everyone, no matter how skilled or careful you are. I've had suspensions happen - we all have, which is why we're here. And if that does indeed happen to the account with your family/friend's info then you would have just doomed someone you care about and forced them to resort to stealth.

Now don't get me wrong, stealth isn't necessarily bad. I feel a lot better off now with the knowledge that I have versus being naive many years ago, but still, losing one's real account is never fun. And that's not even mentioning the side effects of having everyone else who lives at that address suspended just because they have the same address and Ebay assumes they are the same person.

You also have to worry about how you're going to handle taxes, since the Paypal account will be in their name with their info, but you'll be the one withdrawing and accessing the funds. It's not impossible to overcome, but again, it's just another complication that can be avoided.

It's a lot easier to just make up a random name and not have to deal with any of that. Instead of hoping a friend/family member would be able to provide documents if needed, I think it's better to research and understand how to avoid the situation entirely. And always have backups so that if something bad does happen to an account, you can still make money with the backups.
Old 08-31-2015

Thank you for the thorough explanation plumsake. Those were definitely things that I took into account. I guess the thrill/know how of creating stealths trumps anticipation of getting suspended worrying and having to ask people for things that shouldn't be asked for in the first place.
Old 09-19-2015

Longevity: 75%

adding a vba , avs vcc
helps increase your chance greatly
Old 09-21-2015

adding a vba to what? your eBay? I've never added a vba or any bankfor that matter to an eBay. I am no trying a avs vcc on a new account. I bought the gift card and then added the address to it and confirmed it before adding it to the eBay.