eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Followed Directions but eBay Won't Let Me Start A New Account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/88431-followed-directions-but-ebay-wont-let-me-start-new-account.html)

banchor 08-14-2015 03:57 PM

Followed Directions but eBay Won't Let Me Start A New Account?

So I followed the directions from the Stealth book to create a new eBay/PayPal account, but when I went to sell, my selling limit was put at 0 and I had to call in to verify. eBay wants to verify my information by using public records and they can't find them anywhere. I'm totally lost on this? I've set up a new business, new EIN, new address (real one too), new phone number (google voice - have had for a long time) used a vanilla card and everything but I can't get through. My PayPal is verified but after talking on the phone with eBay twice, they say I'm not in the public records so they can't make the account go live. What did I do wrong and is there any way to fix this? Why the scrutiny?

I never had a chance to give them or paypal my business entity information, EIN or Tax ID included. Can these still be used? Can I do something to fix this or is there a way that I can use this information to try again? I'd really like to be able to use my real, new business information (for accounting/taxation) purposes.

Your help would be much appreciated.

CustomerServiceProTip 08-14-2015 06:42 PM

Re: Followed Directions but eBay Won't Let Me Start A New Account?

I would think your problem is that you used google voice. Google voice was highly used for making stealth accounts and now usually when you make an account with google voice you get a 0/0 limit.

Try buying a tracfone, they're real easy to use for phone verification.

Also try to get your account running first before adding an ein, or tax information. such as using the accounts for an extended amount of time.

If you were to use the account for a few weeks and it goes down for some reason. You wasted a good ein on the account.

ScottieBoi 08-14-2015 09:20 PM

That's what I was thinking. Google Voice is a no no. Like he said, you can buy a Tracfone for $5. It will come with 20 minutes/ 60 days, which gives you a couple of months to make sure that the account is going to be successful before you put any real money into it

jeffweico 08-14-2015 10:35 PM

All new accounts are scrutinized. It is not a personal vendetta against you.

What type of connection are you using? Is it the same connection that was previously banned?

Are you using the same PC? If so, did you create a new Windows user account? And if this is the case, is your browser set so that it does NOT sync among user accounts?

My GUESS from what you have told us so far is that the Google Voice number flagged your account with eBay (they HATE Google Voice) and when they looked in the public records and could not find your stealth identity, that sealed your fate.

Did you enter the EIN info to PayPal and if so, was the PayPal account ever connected to the eBay account? If so, you just wasted a good EIN. And for future reference, it is best to set up a personal PayPal account first and then only attach the EIN when they ASK for it. That way, if the account quickly dies, you did not waste a perfectly good EIN.