eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Vmware (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/88975-vmware.html)

Callidus 09-01-2015 06:02 AM

Vmware

Wanted to clarify some points with regards to VMWARE.

1. Once I have created a machine and installed the WINXP OS and everything is setup, is it OK to click clone on that machine to create another for a new Amazon account so that I don't have to go through the whole process of installing it onto the new VM workstation?

2. If it is OK to click clone to get a new machine completely, will the MAC address be different? (I know MAC isn't important for Amazon but I like to take as many pre cautions as possible!)

muzzie 09-01-2015 06:18 AM

Re: Vmware

1) yes, cloning will be ok
2) yes, if you clone a machine, it will change it's MAC automatically, as otherwise there will be same MACs in the network, which is not possible

feadup 09-01-2015 07:58 AM

NO
clone, you will get the same register to name. computer name and partition serial number

Callidus 09-01-2015 08:12 AM

If anyone else could confirm that would be appreciated.

muzzie 09-01-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feadup (Post 700500)
NO
clone, you will get the same register to name. computer name and partition serial number

Ebay can't see:

- MAC
- partitioning info
- computer name
- partition "serial number"
- your girlfriend's aunt name
- your CC PIN codes

It is safe to clone VMware machines. The main issue will be IP addresses.

Callidus 09-01-2015 08:36 AM

But this isn't about eBay, it's regarding Amazon.

Please read the opening post

muzzie 09-01-2015 08:46 AM

It does not matter. They both see the same picture.

feadup 09-01-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 700506)
Ebay can't see:

- MAC
- partitioning info
- computer name
- partition "serial number"
- your girlfriend's aunt name
- your CC PIN codes

It is safe to clone VMware machines. The main issue will be IP addresses.

this is totally crap,
they can get your computer name, partition serial number info, even gmail can

muzzie 09-01-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feadup (Post 700525)
this is totally crap,

It is technically not possible via regular web browser due certain security limitations. Only installed software can do that (like Auctiva), but who uses it for stealth!

flowclothingco 09-02-2015 08:02 PM

VM ware clone works perfectly...you can also go in a change the mac on the virtual machine anyways because remember it technically is a new computer you are running...you cannot have the same mac running simultaneously, aka your system clone will clone important things (os) but not your mac (because that is not possible)
as long as you are running different ips per machine uhhhh you're fine its a different computer (technically) so cookies won't transfer (and the point of a virtual machine is to run beta programs so why would it combine extra stuff esp if you're running the same software on each vm and are looking for specific beta issues running with the VM) It will run fine with it, vm's are made to withstand a heck of a lot more than an ebay account

Different IP's matter
Not sharing cookies matters
but cloning the vm isn't going to connect you if you're smart about it

Callidus 09-03-2015 06:33 AM

Many thanks for the detailed info!

BiN4RY 09-12-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feadup (Post 700525)
this is totally crap,

No, your post is total crap.

A website cannot get information that low level without any kind of .exe file running on your system. Gmail cannot get this information either.

feadup 09-12-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 704259)
No, your post is total crap.

A website cannot get information that low level without any kind of .exe file running on your system. Gmail cannot get this information either.

your post reflects a great deal of ignorant about the whole thing.
Gmail can, that is why I never had to do phone verification to make one,
Clone is not a good idea.

muzzie 09-12-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feadup (Post 704275)
your post reflects a great deal of ignorant about the whole thing.
Gmail can, that is why I never had to do phone verification to make one,
Clone is not a good idea.

It seems that techy is not your strong side. I will give you 1000 Euro straight away if you'll give me a link, which I open, and it will show me my MAC, and then you will show me how it's done.

Don't post technical nonsense, please.

feadup 09-13-2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 704290)
It seems that techy is not your strong side. I will give you 1000 Euro straight away if you'll give me a link, which I open, and it will show me my MAC, and then you will show me how it's done.

Don't post technical nonsense, please.

you will give me 1000Euro ???? I left school long time ago, and i am not a child anymore....

you think clone wont be a problem, fine, go for it :)

muzzie 09-13-2015 03:35 AM

Yes, I will give you 1000 Euro, if you give me a page, that will show me my own MAC address. Sounds simple for you, right? Go ahead. I am not joking.

Quote:

you think clone wont be a problem, fine, go for it
I use clones all the time, not a single issue. Links are usually caused by tons of other factors that are likely to be messed up. People often are too dumb to admit that they have messed it up in a very simple way, and blame MAC, which is nothing to do with linking.

GhostOfAmazon 09-13-2015 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 700475)
Wanted to clarify some points with regards to VMWARE.

1. Once I have created a machine and installed the WINXP OS and everything is setup, is it OK to click clone on that machine to create another for a new Amazon account so that I don't have to go through the whole process of installing it onto the new VM workstation?

2. If it is OK to click clone to get a new machine completely, will the MAC address be different? (I know MAC isn't important for Amazon but I like to take as many pre cautions as possible!)

I'm sure you could simply check the MAC on the "cloned" PC and see for yourself if it changes, then report back with the result so the debate is settled once and for all.

feadup 09-13-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 704393)
Yes, I will give you 1000 Euro, if you give me a page, that will show me my own MAC address. Sounds simple for you, right? Go ahead. I am not joking.

I use clones all the time, not a single issue. Links are usually caused by tons of other factors that are likely to be messed up. People often are too dumb to admit that they have messed it up in a very simple way, and blame MAC, which is nothing to do with linking.

now we are talking , I SAID CLONE is a big mistake, I did not say much about the MAC...

Now if you are doing close via VMware it will give you a new MAC " VMware wont allow 2 Virtual machines with same MAC to avoid any network conflicts
but for the challenge point of view...yes they can see your MAC ONLY IF you browser is leaking using WEBrtc, which you can close that on firefox, on safari it is not even there to close it.

Now the silly question, if the MAC does not count why there is 100000 software to change it?!!!!!

listen man, I am not here to prove that I am better than anyone because I am not, I am here to share any info i know to help others. YES there are so many factors to make successful account, i am just pointing to some of them, you can consider it or you can deny it...but there is a decent way we can talk but talking in childish way, Sorry my age , my experience will hold me back even to reply.

feadup 09-13-2015 08:34 AM

muzzie 09-13-2015 12:01 PM

ActiveX is a thing only supported by IE, and is turned off by default, as it is an enormous security hole, literally allowing ANY code to be executed via browser, which is obviously a very bad idea. So getting a MAC through this thing is only possible with a great piece of luck.

Java - modern browsers do not allow it by default as well.

These both run as a third-party software, which is not what I asked, and both are disabled by default in all modern browsers due numerous security issues, and can't be relied on. So, my question is, CAN you expose my MAC WITHOUT tricking me into running some dodgy third-party software and applets? I guess not. Neither EB not AZ run Java / ActiveX stuff on their pages, so they can't see the MAC.

feadup 09-13-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 704504)
ActiveX is a thing only supported by IE, and is turned off by default, as it is an enormous security hole, literally allowing ANY code to be executed via browser, which is obviously a very bad idea. So getting a MAC through this thing is only possible with a great piece of luck.

Java - modern browsers do not allow it by default as well.

These both run as a third-party software, which is not what I asked, and both are disabled by default in all modern browsers due numerous security issues, and can't be relied on. So, my question is, CAN you expose my MAC WITHOUT tricking me into running some dodgy third-party software and applets? I guess not. Neither EB not AZ run Java / ActiveX stuff on their pages, so they can't see the MAC.

Neither EB not AZ run Java / ActiveX stuff on their pages, so they can't see the MAC.
how you can be sure unless you work for them???:)
2nd all what you wrote are correct 100% if we are on 2010, check and update your info it is 2015

muzzie 09-13-2015 01:25 PM

I (anyone, actually) can see HTML source code of EB / AZ pages, actually. For example, EB uses combination of JS / flash cookies to track users, no Java, no ActiveX. It can be seen just from digging into HTML source of any EB page. No need to work for EB to see how they track users from the browser side.

If you can't support your statements with something other than your personal opinion - please do not post them. It seems that you've just lost your grand of Euros.