Stealth IP Set up Question - Cross Country Stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-21-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Stealth IP Set up Question - Cross Country Stealth

To run my stealth accounts I use VM, each VM has a VPN with a Dedicated IP, most accounts are US with US IP. I am based in Thailand therefore my real IP is from Thailand.

I take measures to prevent leaking of my real IP however once in a while it could happen that my VPN drops and that the real IP leaks.

I wouldn't mind so much if it leaks once in a while if I would be based in US with a real US IP. But I am in Thailand and if it drops it will show a Thai IP. I am afraid that this is a big red flag if IPs change country.

First of all, how do you guys handle this situation / set up?

And do you think it is a good idea if I run a shared US VPN on the host system with my dedicated VPN IPS on the VM?

Its like pulling over 2 condoms in case one burst
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Stealth IP Set up Question - Cross Country Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosureaboutit View Post

First of all, how do you guys handle this situation / set up?
There was a thread about IP leaking a few weeks ago.
Have a look in here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...tml#post692953

Hope this could help.
Old 09-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I recommend using a VPN monitoring program. VPN Check is a good one and it is FREE:

VPNCheck Free Edition | Guavi.com

If it senses that your VPN has dropped, it IMMEDIATELY cuts ALL communication from your PC, so that your real IP address is never revealed.

I recommend it for EVERY user of a VPN. No matter how good your provider may be, VPN's can drop for a variety of reasons, some of them on your VPN provider's side and some of them due to your ISP. Using VPN Check or another monitoring program helps to keep you safe. All eBay could detect is a sudden drop in communications, which could be anything from a power failure on your end or a problem with your ISP. It is not suspicious, it happens all of the time.

I am not affiliated with VPN Check in any way except as a user of their software program. I do not benefit if you download it. And I am not saying that other programs are not as good. It is easy to use and the only one that I have had experience with. I tried two others, but they were difficult to set up.
Old 09-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Completely agree with Jeff should always use software to monitor the VPN connection, tons of good software already out there, here's a few:

VPN Watcher - UGD Software
http://vpnetmon.webs.com/
VPNCheck Free Edition | Guavi.com
Old 09-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the answers, I am using software to monitor VPN connection for all my VPN.

So you guys are happy with the software to monitor VPN connection, and do not use any additional layer of security for cross border stealth?
Old 09-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosureaboutit View Post
Thanks for the answers, I am using software to monitor VPN connection for all my VPN.

So you guys are happy with the software to monitor VPN connection, and do not use any additional layer of security for cross border stealth?
There's also a way to make VMware only use the VPN connection and if it drops it has no internet, read this post:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...tml#post691247
Old 09-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Great tip thanks.

Basically just need to change/add proxy settings to some unworking IP (in Internet Explorer, others I did not try yet). So whenever VPN drops, browser will try to connect to the un working proxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
There's also a way to make VMware only use the VPN connection and if it drops it has no internet, read this post:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...tml#post691247
Old 09-30-2015

Longevity: 50%

I am also based in Thailand and was wondering why must use a non-Thai ip. Is it not possible for an account to be registered in say US or UK and being connected from Thailand? Would this be a red flag? In other words does the IP have to match the registration country?
My friend was registered in Amazon UK using a Greek address and was connecting from Thailand with a Thai IP. They closed him down but I think not because of this.
Old 09-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
I am also based in Thailand and was wondering why must use a non-Thai ip. Is it not possible for an account to be registered in say US or UK and being connected from Thailand? Would this be a red flag? In other words does the IP have to match the registration country?
My friend was registered in Amazon UK using a Greek address and was connecting from Thailand with a Thai IP. They closed him down but I think not because of this.
Yes that would be a huge flag, at the very minimum your ip should be from the same country. Can use a VPN or VPS for this
Old 09-30-2015

Longevity: 50%

Thanks for your reply. I am running my Amazon US account with a Thai address and a Thai IP for 3 years no problems. I want to open now Amazon UK with Greek address and run it from Thailand but I have no clue which IP to use to be safe. Unfortunately your company does not offer VPN service for Greece yet.

Last edited by fantomas0405; 09-30-2015 at 03:37 AM.