eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Multiple User Accounts On Mac or Vmware (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/89699-multiple-user-accounts-mac-vmware.html)

COWEN 09-23-2015 06:44 PM

Multiple User Accounts On Mac or Vmware

Hi,

Looking for a solution to running Multiple Accounts on a Mac 10+
Having this many accounts occupies a lot of space.

Q.
Is there a way to Create/Manage Multiple eB Accounts from a single Mac User; safe & easy to avoid linking.

-I understand about clearing cookies, cache, history & flash... To eliminate linkage, although eB does not like this. Plus its tedious & easy to forget.

My thoughts were to create a new Mac user -> Set up eB/PP then manage them using Auctiva, Shipstation & Replymanager. Once at this step, delete the Mac User. The problem is withdrawing funds from PP + Checking Account Limits, ect..

Is this plausible?

I was suggested to use VMware & download Windows. Although I have lost all familiarities with windows & how this would be different from running Mac.

Shekibi 09-23-2015 08:16 PM

Re: Multiple User Accounts On Mac or Vmware

Create different users on your mac, one for each account. Then the only other thing you need to look out for is your IP address, make sure you don't use same one on differnt users. You gotta be extra careful especially because you are using only one computer for them. Good luck, I hope I have helped. :)

COWEN 09-24-2015 02:29 AM

Thanks Shekibi,

More or less trying to find a way to manage all of these accounts without the need to have 30+ different user logins.

Its eating up storage memory & noticeably slowing down my Mac

Shekibi 09-24-2015 03:58 AM

30+? That's a lot.
Are you referring to normal user accounts on the same operating system or different VMware operating systems on the same computer?

COWEN 09-24-2015 04:03 PM

Hi Shekibi,

Im referring to having 1 Mac Computer.

30+ different Mac Users (Different Login Users) - Like "Tom", "Jim", "Guest" Accounts
This allows me to operate the accounts without the need to clear cookies ect... I just switch between accounts.... You kno?

Why I made this post is for the Whiz-Kids & Pros that have a way of managing 30+ eBay accounts without the need for 30+ Mac User Logins!

Vmware allows Mac Users to run Windows, but I don't know what the advantage is for doing so?

frksmth 09-25-2015 03:08 AM

Different user accounts is fine, but I find that VM is easier to switch between accounts and you can have multiple accounts open at the same time...

manoverde 12-18-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frksmth (Post 708388)
Different user accounts is fine, but I find that VM is easier to switch between accounts and you can have multiple accounts open at the same time...

Sorry Can you explain what is VM ?
Thank you

brandnewboss 12-19-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWEN (Post 708270)

Vmware allows Mac Users to run Windows, but I don't know what the advantage is for doing so?

The reason I do it is so I can do all my personal browsing, listening to music etc. in safari then do all my ebaying in Vmware without ever having to leave my desktop.

frksmth 12-19-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoverde (Post 729563)
Sorry Can you explain what is VM ?

Thank you

VM = Virtual Machine

You can use VMWare or Virtual box to install virtual machines... In simple terms, a VM usually contains an operating system that is installed in a virtual environment (VMware or Virtual box). VMware is a software application that replicates a physical system where you can install one or more operating systems by creating virtual machines.

Pringles 12-20-2015 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWEN (Post 708108)
Thanks Shekibi,

More or less trying to find a way to manage all of these accounts without the need to have 30+ different user logins.

Its eating up storage memory & noticeably slowing down my Mac

I'm also looking for an answer to this question and would appreciate any suggestions :)

frksmth 12-20-2015 06:01 AM

Install VMware workstation 11... Or virtual box.

jojo2012 12-20-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWEN (Post 708022)
Hi,

Looking for a solution to running Multiple Accounts on a Mac 10+
Having this many accounts occupies a lot of space.

Q.
Is there a way to Create/Manage Multiple eB Accounts from a single Mac User; safe & easy to avoid linking.

-I understand about clearing cookies, cache, history & flash... To eliminate linkage, although eB does not like this. Plus its tedious & easy to forget.

My thoughts were to create a new Mac user -> Set up eB/PP then manage them using Auctiva, Shipstation & Replymanager. Once at this step, delete the Mac User. The problem is withdrawing funds from PP + Checking Account Limits, ect..

Is this plausible?

I was suggested to use VMware & download Windows. Although I have lost all familiarities with windows & how this would be different from running Mac.

The only way I know to save space is in using portable browsers on one user account. A lot of people here use this with sucess, I've been doing it for a few months now with good success too.

aking 12-22-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frksmth (Post 729828)
Install VMware workstation 11... Or virtual box.

so how does IP addresses work with VMWare?

phaz0rz 12-22-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 730423)
so how does IP addresses work with VMWare?

Since each VM contains a unique operating system installation, you can configure network settings for each VM just like you would if you had multiple computers. Personally, I create a VM for each of my accounts then purchase a VPN for each account. Then in the VM settings I configure each one to connect only to its designated VPN. That way I NEVER have to worry about my IP. I don't use dongles or tethering, but it's the same concept. You configure each VM individually, so you have complete control over network settings.

As for the OP's question, I'm currently running 10 accounts this way on a 5 year old cheapo laptop, and it's a flawless setup IMO. I usually only power on 1 VM at a time, but even my piece of crap laptop could easily handle 3 VM's (accounts) running simultaneously. I use a stripped down version of Windows XP (TPB, FYI), so each VM is fairly lightweight. I configure each VM to have a maximum hard drive size of 10Gb, and to use a maximum of 1G RAM. You don't have to use XP, but I recommend a lightweight setup so your VM's don't drain your resources like 30 user accounts is doing. A lot of people recommend Linux. I hate Linux, but that is a viable option for VM stealth, especially if you torrenting skills aren't up to date.

Using virtual machines is a way simpler stealth technique than having tons of user accounts, but first you have to understand exactly what a VM is and how they work. A virtual machine is literally a computer within your computer.

phaz0rz 12-22-2015 01:37 PM

Here is sneak peak into my operation for those considering using VM's
http://s29.postimg.org/xqkaqiufr/image.jpg

manoverde 12-22-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 730453)
Since each VM contains a unique operating system installation, you can configure network settings for each VM just like you would if you had multiple computers. Personally, I create a VM for each of my accounts then purchase a VPN for each account. Then in the VM settings I configure each one to connect only to its designated VPN. That way I NEVER have to worry about my IP. I don't use dongles or tethering, but it's the same concept. You configure each VM individually, so you have complete control over network settings.

As for the OP's question, I'm currently running 10 accounts this way on a 5 year old cheapo laptop, and it's a flawless setup IMO. I usually only power on 1 VM at a time, but even my piece of crap laptop could easily handle 3 VM's (accounts) running simultaneously. I use a stripped down version of Windows XP (TPB, FYI), so each VM is fairly lightweight. I configure each VM to have a maximum hard drive size of 10Gb, and to use a maximum of 1G RAM. You don't have to use XP, but I recommend a lightweight setup so your VM's don't drain your resources like 30 user accounts is doing. A lot of people recommend Linux. I hate Linux, but that is a viable option for VM stealth, especially if you torrenting skills aren't up to date.

Using virtual machines is a way simpler stealth technique than having tons of user accounts, but first you have to understand exactly what a VM is and how they work. A virtual machine is literally a computer within your computer.

Sounds very interesting, You should make a small video tutorial of how you make all this.
Bless

phaz0rz 12-22-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoverde (Post 730461)
Sounds very interesting, You should make a small video tutorial of how you make all this.
Bless

Haha, I thought a screenshot with a brief explanation would suffice. I may make a video one day. Sounds like people would buy it.

frksmth 12-22-2015 02:29 PM

There are tutorials... I'll see if I can find a link to one of them...

jackdrogba 12-22-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 730462)
Haha, I thought a screenshot with a brief explanation would suffice. I may make a video one day. Sounds like people would buy it.

I did not use a VM, for Stealth account, what's the difference between VM and Windows new user account? Is VM more secure than windows diff user account?

Pringles 12-23-2015 03:13 AM

Thanks for the detailed post. Gonna give it a shot

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 730453)

phaz0rz 12-23-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 730590)
Thanks for the detailed post. Gonna give it a shot

You're welcome, and good luck. There's nothing to it as long as you have basic computer skills. Creating a VM is just like installing an OS on a physical computer.

phaz0rz 12-23-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdrogba (Post 730561)
I did not use a VM, for Stealth account, what's the difference between VM and Windows new user account? Is VM more secure than windows diff user account?

VM's are more secure in my opinion just because they minimize the risk of any account details/cookies/etc being leaked between accounts.

VM's and multiple user accounts both accomplish the same goal, but managing multiple stealth's via VMWare is much easier than logging in and out of user accounts all day. I can have multiple accounts open at the same time and I don't have to worry about linking because each account belongs to its own VPN.