US eB account Below Standard, what are my chances? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default US eB account Below Standard, what are my chances?

Here's a quick rundown of what happened:
- In October, due to various factors, buyers orders got delayed shipping for a couple of weeks (I could have been more proactive in fixing the problem but I screwed up, plain and simple)

- This caused a surge of Item Not Described requests to be opened against me (NONE of them got closed without seller resolution)

- Early NOV eBay restricted my sellers account, KEEPING all my listings live, but restricting me from listing anything new or revising current listings, they told me to appeal when I can prove all order delivered for items sold on eBay

- I WON the appeal with my letter (my account was still considered Above Standard when I sent it in, but projection was Below with 8% at the time), and they reinstated my listing privileges but cut my monthly selling limits by a considerable amount. The appeal responses stated I could do an ADDITIONAL appeal for more selling limits after 30 days has past
------------------
I wish that was the end of the story with a happy ending, seller screwed up and amazingly eBay granted them a second chance; however I now Below Standard by 8% for this evaluation, and my projected evaluation.

I was hoping to run mass amounts of sales to be able to offset the defects back to Above Standard/TR this month, but with my new selling limits that's sadly not possible. If the limits stay as they are, I'll need the month of October to drop off my evaluation which means my seller level will be Below Standard for THREE months. Could my account last that long? or rather are there any steps I can take to help it last that long.

Does anyone have any insight or advice for a situation like this? Every transaction this month (NOV) has been spot on, not a single defect. I plan to keep that trend... I can appeal for more selling limits middle of December (which, if increased, would guarantee I'll get out of Below Standard next month) but I'm not sure if it's wise to call MORE attention to a below standard account, maybe I get the wrong rep, although my transaction history for NOV-DEC will be nearly spotless.

I do have unlinked alt accounts and backups but this account is DEFINITELY worth fighting for, so any insight would be appreciated.

Rough account stats:
- Legit info
- 30k+ total transactions
- over 300k$ in sales amount
- Over 8000 in feedback (99.8% positive)
- Anchor store
- I will be doing at least 900 transactions this month, and next month.

Last edited by Mitsu; 11-20-2015 at 11:38 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: US eB account Below Standard, what are my chances?

Solution: sell on many accounts, this minimizes the risk of 1 account getting into trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Solution: sell on many accounts, this minimizes the risk of 1 account getting into trouble.
so simple yet hardly followed
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (11-23-2015)
Old 11-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
so simple yet hardly followed
Very true, but I can see why personally, because I did try to split sells in the past, but I like loyal costumers, having a store, a lot of followers, big selection ect. even though it's not the most logical for ebay, it's the most satisfying.

I mean, this is my screw up, not like I got an unlucky string of impossible customers (which smaller accounts get a lot of heat if that happens) had I not DROPPED the ball everything would be smooth sailing.

Given the situation though I'll defiantly be upping my game across my other accounts, but this one is still selling good (and orders being fulfilled perfectly) and high in the search rankings (even though my account is Below Stan.)... so I hate this feeling of not knowing my chances, but feeling stronger than ever.
Old 11-21-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Do below standards really screw with your search standing now?

I just got an unexpected below standard rating today on 2 accounts and they both have 0.45% defect...
Old 11-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if it is any consolation, I had a below standard one and I just ignored it and did not sell on it, and 6 months later or so got an email saying it had improved, not sure how as untouched....anyway I have plenty of accs to rotate so I didnt care....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-23-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

Be careful, below standard = permanent suspension now, its automated.

Had MC011 temporary suspension, cleared it all up, back to selling, getting good ratings and then perm. suspension, 5 yo business account, paypal still good. Called ebay, no chance clearing it up as it is automated by the system for below standard sellers now they said.
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlelovesme View Post
Be careful, below standard = permanent suspension now, its automated.

Had MC011 temporary suspension, cleared it all up, back to selling, getting good ratings and then perm. suspension, 5 yo business account, paypal still good. Called ebay, no chance clearing it up as it is automated by the system for below standard sellers now they said.
dang that sounds dicey, what was your day of the month of your permanent suspension? i.e. how long after you were rated below standard before you got restricted
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

So there's definitely an automated system that will axe below standard accounts, but it seems situational/random as it doesn't happen to everyone (some people, as of just 2 month ago, are still selling below standard).

I've read that some believe if you take all your ebay auctions down before the month ends and let the account drop the defects drop off naturally over time, you can dodge the automated axe... anyone have belief/info in this? I'll probably try this, might as well.
Old 11-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Yes, that is the only thing I have heard works, worth a try. When they took off my MC011 and allowed me to list again, I might have been okay letting account settle itself back before listing again but who knows. When I talked to them they said it was automated, nothing customer service reps/supervisors etc can do to reverse it. Funny when all the 2323432 ebay supervisors i talked to before said account was good to go, cleared my temp mc011, week later the automated ebay crap kicks in.
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Circumstances a bit different over here, I just sent my appeal letter via replying to the MC011 explaining the situation and giving my plan of action to correct future problems and that was it, unrestricted BUT limits cut (but still a good chunk allowed to be listed). Never had to call eb.

The reply I got back from the appeal letter was mostly about my seller performance, what affects it, how to fix it ect. as well as inviting me to appeal for higher limits in 1 month. This was accepted when I was only PROJECTED below standard though (which basically is below standard since it was 10 days into the month, no way I could have changed it, so don't see how it would have made a difference if it was already BS)

This appeal was accept was nearly two week ago, acc still alive and well, or as well as can be for the moment.

I have to do more research and have to map out my strategy to try to make it through the next few months... the reason I'm so invested and stressed over this is because I'm afraid if this account gets perma'd it may come back to haunt others eb accounts, innocent bystanders who supplement their income through ebay and never had any problems what soever (and having to go stealth for them isn't the best option), losing this account isn't going to hurt me as much as them, but if they lost their accounts because of my stupidity that would kill a part of me
Old 11-26-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

My main account was registered about 15 years ago. Had no selling limits, whatsoever. Only had a few thousand dollars in sales per month, but was listing many millions of dollars of items, according to their formula. They were variation listings for custom made products, with 3 separate variations (not these, but think size, color, and something else) with a bunch of choices for each. They assume every permutation sells in full, for the limits, so one auction for a $100 item with a bunch of variations is looked at as a VERY expensive auction, like tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Had three people open not as described cases for regular 1 item non-variation listings. All 3 realized they just didn't read the auction properly, and they actually chose to let their buyer claim go! Family medical crisis, and 2 orders shipped late, by 1-2 days. That put me at more than 5% of transactions with defects.

Automated system popped me into below standard, and slapped $500 monthly limit with 5 (or so) items. All I did was ship 2 orders 1-2 days late.

Have spent hours on the phone with them, many supervisors, a lot of documentation. They can all see the not as described cases aren't my fault, and the buyers never escalated them. But, they all say there's nothing they can do.

They did bump me up to 500 items $25k after 2 months of no problems, but they're saying the best I can hope for after that is doubling every 30 days. It's going to take years IF they double each time I call to get back to where I was. So, I'm here now, and bitter.

Hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 11-27-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Wow. Unexpected. After receiving MC011 seller suspension yesterday requiring docs, my appeal was completed today. Re-approved for selling at lower limits of 100/10k. (Until they decide to change it again in the next few days...)