We Should Make a Blacklist - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default We Should Make a Blacklist

Just an idea. Hope this isnt against forum rules or anything. I think we should make a list of scammers (buyers or sellers) so we can warn others on the forum or add to our "block bidders" list. This will be a good way to keep other members safe. What do you all think???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

It's been brought up a few times throughout the years. Basically there are too many scammers, and new accounts being compromised each day that we could never keep track of everyone. It's just not possible.

Plus, a list of blocked buyers that is shared between members could become compromised and used against us.

It's not worth it.
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Plus, a list of blocked buyers that is shared between members could become compromised and used against us.
EXACTLY what I was thinking...

A good way for eBay to track us if we all had more or less the same blocked buyers on our accounts.
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Snagga. One slip from one user and a lot of castles could fall. I protect my
castles to the death.
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 89%

didnt think of that aspect. i almost didnt post the idea guessing there was a reason it hadnt already been done
Old 01-31-2009

Longevity: 88%

www dot repxchange dot com

(Forum software won't let me post a url since I don't have 15 posts yet.)

From their "about us" page...

Hi, I'm Laurie Borden and RepXchange is a service I've had developed to help improve the lives and profitability of fellow eBay sellers. To be fair, I'm more of an ex-power seller than a currently active seller but when eBay publicly announced changes to their seller policies, I wanted to get involved. When I was selling on eBay, dealing with the occasional bad or fraudulent bidder just took too much time away servicing all the other great bidders, and the overall profitability suffered. I believe most sellers can relate to that in their own businesses. Overall the eBay selling experience was a positive one, but when I heard about the latest change in eBay policies - to disallow sellers from leaving negative feedback on buyers - I was a little taken aback. The new rules seem completely contrary to fair trade on eBay and the mutual transparency that both buyers and sellers had enjoyed. So this was the beginning of RepXchange.

For the most part, buyers on eBay are fantastic and certainly the lifeblood of sellers, but for those few that ruin it for the rest, well, it's only fair that sellers know who they are so that they can continue to offer the best pricing and services to those who deserve it.

If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to let me know. I'll do my best to make changes that accommodate your selling needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to foster For This Useful Post:
vicki paar (01-31-2009)
Old 01-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Thumbs down

Wonder what the first name is of the poster?No way would I associate with that site. No.no.no.
(and btw, I do not like that site)

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-31-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2009

Default Laurie i totally agree with you

Hi Laurie and I loved your aticle and totally agree with you, it is a joke. i too get on the powerseller forum and we all hate this policy. ALL buyers have postive feedback,s so why have it at all for buyers. The % of non pay bidders has more then tripled, and why not, this one lady bought 180 items in a month, never paid for 1, took a month for Ebay to suspend her. We hav eno way of knowing if a buyer pays now because we can not leav efeedback, if they are dishonest, do chargebacks, 1 has done chargebacks on every item, but I sold to her becuase she had no feedback implying such. Not to mention we have to do whatever they want , and the worst is we can not file non pay bidder violation, as then they leave us negative. Between that and worrying about getting suspended every day, ending an authentic, listing, etc., I am really looking for some where else to go, their customer support is a total joke. Do you know anything about that Ecrate, has anyone had much luclk on it, thought I may try it, can't be any worse then Ebay. I thought someone said we could transfer our Ebay feedback to that site, that would be great. Well, thanks for listening, have a great weekend,
Vicki

(Forum software won't let me post a url since I don't have 15 posts yet.)

From their "about us" page...

Hi, I'm Laurie Borden and RepXchange is a service I've had developed to help improve the lives and profitability of fellow eBay sellers. To be fair, I'm more of an ex-power seller than a currently active seller but when eBay publicly announced changes to their seller policies, I wanted to get involved. When I was selling on eBay, dealing with the occasional bad or fraudulent bidder just took too much time away servicing all the other great bidders, and the overall profitability suffered. I believe most sellers can relate to that in their own businesses. Overall the eBay selling experience was a positive one, but when I heard about the latest change in eBay policies - to disallow sellers from leaving negative feedback on buyers - I was a little taken aback. The new rules seem completely contrary to fair trade on eBay and the mutual transparency that both buyers and sellers had enjoyed. So this was the beginning of RepXchange.

For the most part, buyers on eBay are fantastic and certainly the lifeblood of sellers, but for those few that ruin it for the rest, well, it's only fair that sellers know who they are so that they can continue to offer the best pricing and services to those who deserve it.

If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to let me know. I'll do my best to make changes that accommodate your selling needs.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-01-2009

I'm not Laurie.

I was just copying & pasting that from that website to give people an idea what it was.
Old 02-03-2009

Longevity: 93%

Hi Vicki.
When I see a customer I have questions about, with either their multiple bids or low feedback, whatever I get a feeling on..... I do an advanced search.... By bidder.....With the search I can see ALL items the bidder is bidding on currently or in the past 30days won or not. I once did a search and there where over 300 bids and over 100 had been won. But when I checked the feedback he had already received positives ratings. So I allowed him to bid, nor did I question him. He paid. But normally that is a red flag and should be investigated... I will allow anyone to bid if they communicate.....I once blocked a bidder wh0 had zero feedback, and bidding high dollar items Blocked him....Since he didnt reply back to me. Then once canceled he did reply and I released the block.....He paid everyone over 120 items won in 5 days. I explained the deal and he has since became my greatest customer.....So communication is the key.
I have seen many I blocked get zapped by ebay but as you can see dont block them without checking it all out..................If I do block them I send an email along explaining why.......If I dont hear back no worries.....if I do I unblock ............Has worked everytime....
Old 02-04-2009

Longevity: 98%

Umm well for repxchange, well the thing is the total number of bad bidders would be in the millions. Since eBay doesn't let sellers prescreen buyers, such a system would only be good for the case when after a buyer wins and the seller wonders, "hmmm are they going to scam me"?