eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   50 Packages returned for short paid (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/93813-50-packages-returned-short-paid.html)

LoopHole 02-10-2016 08:27 PM

50 Packages returned for short paid

So today i got a return of 50 packages for short paying them 35 cents each. All packages were flat rate priority mail in flat rate padded envelopes.

Post office is closed so i need to wait until tomorrow to figure out what the deal is. I have no idea how they could be short paid when they are all flat rate priority mail labels and all packaging was flat rate padded envelopes.

I double checked on the paypal label printing page and i don't see any other flat rate envelope type of choices to print any other labels.

Anyone have any idea what i did wrong here? Could there be a different price for shipping with flat rate envelopes vs flat rate padded envelopes???

Mitsu 02-10-2016 08:35 PM

Re: 50 Packages returned for short paid

Is the ship from zipcode stealth (I.E. not your actual zipcode)?

I believe flat-rate prices are different from state to state.

You can let your return address be whatever you want, but the SHIP FROM zip/address should be within the area you're actually shipping.

USPS won't do anything if the price to ship in your area isn't different in the 'ship from' state, but if it is they can flag your packages.

LoopHole 02-10-2016 09:14 PM

I have an account literally in almost every state. Checked all of them and the prices are the same no matter the zip code so i doubt flat rate prices are different from state to state.

newjerseymax 02-10-2016 09:29 PM

Flat rate are the same no matter where you ship...

There is 2 types of Flat rate envelope prices...

The standard Flat Rate envelope - Paperwork and such $5.60
Padded Flat rate envelope - Padded and allows for bigger items $5.90

Padded cost slightly more then Standard Flat rate envelope...

On my commercial account the difference is 0.30 cents

Kristy 02-10-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 746392)
Is the ship from zipcode stealth (I.E. not your actual zipcode)?

I believe flat-rate prices are different from state to state.

You can let your return address be whatever you want, but the SHIP FROM zip/address should be within the area you're actually shipping.

USPS won't do anything if the price to ship in your area isn't different in the 'ship from' state, but if it is they can flag your packages.

Actually, Priority flat rate fees are fixed at the same price for any where in the USA and its territories. Your packages got inspected by a clerk who takes their job very seriously.You can use Stamps.com to get more flat rate choices.

LoopHole 02-10-2016 10:53 PM

Hmmm well that option doesn't seem to be on my paypal or ebay for the padded ones that cost a little extra. Does anyone know if i take these back to the post office and cover the cost for each package would they accept them?

Or have the labels put on all of those packages have been voided already?

vogeltron 02-14-2016 04:10 AM

Only the Regional Rate boxes should be an issue. Unless you printed Flat Rate Envelope Postage instead of Padded Flat Rate Envelope. I know there is about a .30 cent difference in those.

vogeltron 02-14-2016 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 746425)
Hmmm well that option doesn't seem to be on my paypal or ebay for the padded ones that cost a little extra. Does anyone know if i take these back to the post office and cover the cost for each package would they accept them?

Or have the labels put on all of those packages have been voided already?

I had this happen it was probably 5 years ago but I was able to pay the difference at the counter. It was more because it was the retail rate but depending on who you use to buy postage sometimes after a few days you can't cancel the label so it might be cheaper to just pay the $1 or whatever they charge for the retail rate.

LoopHole 02-14-2016 06:03 AM

Went to the post office and they allowed me to cover the 35 cents that was short paid with a stamp. Put stamps on all 50 packages and re-shipped them. All was good.

LoopHole 02-14-2016 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 747313)
Only the Regional Rate boxes should be an issue. Unless you printed Flat Rate Envelope Postage instead of Padded Flat Rate Envelope. I know there is about a .30 cent difference in those.

My paypal doesn't seem to have the padded option. Does yours?

rsot 02-14-2016 06:39 AM

Good lesson to avoid skimping on postal payment.

Mitsu 02-14-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 747325)

eb's shipping tools has them

GreenBean 02-14-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 747338)

Is this aimed at Loopie or a generalization ?

Not clear your intention

:FF:

vogeltron 02-14-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 747325)

Paypal doesn't. Like one of the other posts mentioned there are more options if you can go through eBay.

LoopHole 02-15-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 747372)
Is this aimed at Loopie or a generalization ?

Not clear your intention

:FF:

I treat rsot like a friend here. Even if it was aimed at me no offense was taken :)

LoopHole 02-15-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 747338)

Not much of a lesson when i wasn't doing it on purpose :)

But i can tell you one thing. Addresses that skimp on postage's definitely get entered into a system or are definitely watched. While these 50 packages got returned, my other ones went through like 2 or three that were mailed the same exact way with another return address.

ithelps 02-18-2016 07:41 PM

Did you drop it off at a drop off location or at the post office?

I never get a package back from usps. I over short paid by pounds and never ever get them return to me

Kristy 02-20-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithelps (Post 748739)
Did you drop it off at a drop off location or at the post office?

I never get a package back from usps. I over short paid by pounds and never ever get them return to me

You are a negative feedback case waiting to happen.
One day you will wake up to the words on your feedback page saying, " horrible seller, item was held at the post office with postage due, and I had to pay $6.50 to get it."

Not worth it in my opinion
Postage fraud
Negative feedbacks
And If it were to happen on Amazon it would mean an immediate suspension with a plan of action required to lift it.

Not worth it at all.

ithelps 02-20-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristy (Post 749147)
You are a negative feedback case waiting to happen.
One day you will wake up to the words on your feedback page saying, " horrible seller, item was held at the post office with postage due, and I had to pay $6.50 to get it."

Not worth it in my opinion
Postage fraud
Negative feedbacks
And If it were to happen on Amazon it would mean an immediate suspension with a plan of action required to lift it.

Not worth it at all.

Never happened to me though.... Never ever and not bragging but I'm sure I have way more sales than you.

Not postage fraud because "nothing ever happened and I assume its the correct postage since it always get deliver"

Kristy 02-20-2016 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithelps (Post 749211)
Never happened to me though.... Never ever and not bragging but I'm sure I have way more sales than you.

Not postage fraud because "nothing ever happened and I assume its the correct postage since it always get deliver"

It takes only one diligent postal worker, who is very over committed to their job, to catch one of your packages.

But when they do, trust me, your customer will let your know harshly. If you let it be a trend, eBay/Amazon will suspend you as well; since it cheats their customers and promotes government fraud.

With your "I make way more sales than you" business model, your odds of being caught greatly increases to inevitable.

ithelps 02-21-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristy (Post 749229)
It takes only one diligent postal worker, who is very over committed to their job, to catch one of your packages.

But when they do, trust me, your customer will let your know harshly. If you let it be a trend, eBay/Amazon will suspend you as well; since it cheats their customers and promotes government fraud.

With your "I make way more sales than you" business model, your odds of being caught greatly increases to inevitable.

Good point. Times to pay a lot of extra $$$$ now.

But I've short paid in person and drop off. Nothing ever happens.