Building a reputation on dormant seller accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Building a reputation on dormant seller accounts

If you have a seller account that needs to cool off from violations. Or if you're saving accounts for when your current ones get naru'd, this is for you. Especially if you're selling vero items. Its generally good to have the account be atleast a month old before listing sensitive items like that anyways.

Everyone knows that buying tangible .99 or 1.00 items is a great way to get quick buyer feedback. If your account doesn't have atleast 5 feedback, get it up to that point so you can list items with buy it now. Buying ebooks (on cd), cables, baseball cards, anything low price and mailable is what you need.

While you're doing that, sign up for auctionpixie. Its an online tool somewhat like auctiva. But with only a few features. The one you'll be using is their automatic feedback feature they provide for free. I know auctiva has the same issue but they haven't worked the kinks out with it recently and the feature does not work. I also think auctiva's auto feedback is checked daily. Auctionpixies feedback is returned within minutes of receiving.

Start listing the low priced items with the buy it now option and watch how people buy the item then instantly leave a positive feedback in hopes of building their accounts feedback up. Keep that up until you can list with a quantity. Then list your items with a quantity of 30-40 each. Make sure you have atleast 7-8 auctions going at the same time. Then you can just watch your account grow.

The account will require minimal maintenance. You'll only have to check it every other day to see if you've received any questions. This is a very successful method to gaining great positive feedback with little work. Plus you'll make some extra spending cash to pay for supplies or whatever you need.

This was tested on a seller account for one month. The account has 2 violatations that are waiting to expire. During the month, the average purchase/feedback received was 3 a day. The peak was 7 in one day. The total positive feedback received in one month was between 90-110. Out of the total, only 5 ebooks were delivered digitally.

Any inputs always welcome.

Last edited by Burst; 02-03-2009 at 11:10 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2009

Longevity: 98%

I heard someone tried that and it didn't work. Really maybe the issue is whether ebay will count feedback as a buyer in their "seller satisfaction" crap. Maybe they only count feedback as a seller.
Old 02-04-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Not bad Orion, but I don't think 99 cents to one dollar tangible items are the best idea for building feedback. If you can buy/sell slightly higher priced items, that would be great, but at this low of a price you're pushing it with eBay's feedback manipulation.

I do like the idea of Auctionpixies, I'll have to check it out.

AuctionPixie - Providing free tools for eBay!
Old 02-04-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I do like the idea of Auctionpixies, I'll have to check it out. AuctionPixie - Providing free tools for eBay!
I clicked on the link Aspkin provided for ActionPixie and the 1st thing that caught my eye is they have a Misspelled item finder.

So for Fun I clicked on it and typed in Wii Fit and clicked search and my results said...

Unfortunately it would seem that everyone has spelt this item correctly, but don't worry, I’m sure someone’s misfortune will be your fortune soon!

Anyway...I thought that was Funny! :D
Old 02-04-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Its a pretty useful website. Im only using it for feedback though until auctiva can fix the bugs with their version of auto feedback.

Unfortunately, people are usually looking for the cheapest price items to buy to gain feedback. Just so they can build more faster and as inexpensive as possible. Using tangible items could correct this issue. Think of some very inexpensive items that people could buy. The possibilities are endless