eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   The PayMate / Moneybookers thread (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/9408-paymate-moneybookers-thread.html)

JamesYaBaoy 02-04-2009 07:48 PM

The PayMate / Moneybookers thread

Ok as we all know eBay is going to allow PayMate and MoneyBookers starting sometime this month.Basically both will integrate with eBay and allow customers to complete the payment instantly via CC.

What we(or atleast I) dont know si the extent to which they will link:

1.)Will eBay see your PayMate or MoneyBookers account info(such as account name bank accounts etc)

2.)Will they cross link with PayPal(ie using suspended PayPal linfo on Paymate account)

3.)Will they require SSN

4.)How $$ can they proccess with no trouble

5.)Will they pull the same trick PayPal pulls(limitations, 21 day hold,etc)

6.)Will eBay stop the "You need a PayPal account to list this item" stunt

7.)Can you be banned because of a limtied PayMate or MoneyBookers account..

IF anyone has any info I would really appreciate it.

simogold 02-06-2009 12:32 PM

eBay Integrating Moneybookers Payment Service

divine422 02-06-2009 04:37 PM

Moneybookers is good when the transaction goes right and no ones is trying to rip anyone off. Their dispute process is also a bit ambiguous and i think now with a closer connection to ebay it might get worse. I have used it very loosely as a seller for small transactions and as a buyer mainly for international purchases because of the escrow feature. I already have my little stresses with paypal, i can only take payment service at a time. Also they need to reduce the amount of money they charge your credit card to verify your address... i mean i know its in Euro but they can reduce the initial amount because charging it almost 5 bucks was so not necessary!

ebay 02-07-2009 10:40 AM

i think moneybooker is a uk based company
so it will be good for uk sellers

will it work like paypal after your listing finishes ?
or is it a headache like you have to email the invoice and rest of the Crap

rjebay 02-07-2009 10:13 PM

JamesYaBaoy 02-09-2009 10:40 PM

Heres some of my correspondance with them via e-mail:

Dear PayMate:

I am very intrested in your USA payment servies for use with my eBay buisness.I used to procces my funds through PayPal , but as im sure you are aware PayPal's customer serivce is terrible along with their unfair limitation policies.PayPal regullarly limited my account for high volume..I have a good sales week and PayPal rewards me by limiting my account.I am looking for anew payment proccesor, my question is:

1.) If my eBay account is limited will my Paymate aco**** be limited also?

Not necessarily. We will make decisions independently of eBay, based on our assessment of the data and situation. We will have access to limited information on ebay when a client authorises eBay to integrate their Paymate account with eBay. However, if eBay freezes an account we will also suspend the tied Paymate account until the matter is resolved with eBay.

2.)How much of my financial details will be shared with eBay?
Paymate will not share our clients' financial details with eBay.

3.)Could issues on my PayMate account affect my eBay account.?

We will not be routinely sharing information on specific clients and issues with eBay.

yaw1800 02-10-2009 10:14 AM

That is great...

Great info James

Now to see what their fees will be like

rjebay 02-10-2009 10:28 PM

Does anyone know when in feb. ebay will allow paymate? I'm so happy to see that we can stop using paypal

newdenim 02-10-2009 10:34 PM

Paymate website states the start date will be (Feb-26-09) you can check for yourself on the website..

GreenBean 02-10-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesYaBaoy (Post 75317)
Heres some of my correspondance with them via e-mail:
Dear PayMate:

1.) If my eBay account is limited will my Paymate account be limited also?

[B]Not necessarily. We will make decisions independently of eBay, based on our assessment of the data and situation. We will have access to limited information on ebay when a client authorises eBay to integrate their Paymate account with eBay. However, if eBay freezes an account we will also suspend the tied Paymate account until the matter is resolved with eBay.

2.)How much of my financial details will be shared with eBay?
Paymate will not share our clients' financial details with eBay.

3.)Could issues on my PayMate account affect my eBay account.?

We will not be routinely sharing information on specific clients and issues with eBay.

Good work, James. BUT imo I do not like the words in red.Not too dissimilar to
paypal. How long will paymate hold the money? Where is that stated? And
not routinely sharing information screams to me that in circumstances they see fit, they WILL share info. Let's hash this over until we know a lot more.
ps: I have not had time to read the fine print yet. These comments made on the post alone. Was not shooting the messenger,OK

Jonas 02-11-2009 10:35 AM

At the very least paymate and moneybookers will share your account number or at least the name on the account.

So people might end up having to make a new paymate account for each ebay account, but it'll likely be easier than with paypal.

You know I suspect that eBay might be taking a cut from the increased fees moneybookers charges. I don't know if they made paymate raise its fees, too.

ebay 02-11-2009 10:51 PM

will this work on ebay uk

JamesYaBaoy 02-11-2009 11:19 PM

Yes you will need to supply your SSN.
We support our sellers (and buyers). If there is a charge back enquiry we will assist our sellers respond to it and make a case against it. But the final decision will be the bank's.

Regards
*removed*
Paymate Client Services
Tel: 02 9283 6977

International: +612 92836977

FrancisK 02-12-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesYaBaoy (Post 75550)
Yes you will need to supply your SSN.
We support our sellers (and buyers). If there is a charge back enquiry we will assist our sellers respond to it and make a case against it. But the final decision will be the bank's.

Regards
*removed*
Paymate Client Services
Tel: 02 9283 6977

International: +612 92836977

Well that kills off the people who have suspended paypal accounts in their actual names. But perhaps if they don't share info with ebay those of us with paypal account in good standing by have been suspended from ebay will be able to take advantage. Or perhaps they will take a business license instead of an SSN?

Just a thought.....

chostin 02-15-2009 02:49 AM

Sorry if already been answered.... is this going to be available (moneybookers) in Canada????

JamesYaBaoy 02-15-2009 12:31 PM

I emailed them back asking if they will take EIN and the reply was no.

lotsof baskets 02-16-2009 09:27 AM

For Canadian sellers, I learned that paymate is considering adding Canada to its list for sellers. They are wondering about the level of interest in Canada. If you as a Canadian seller are interested, please email their sales email address which you can find on the site under contact us. Don't mention me or this board, just express interest in their services. Can't hurt.

lotsof baskets 02-16-2009 09:29 AM

Chostin,
Moneybookers is already available to Canadians. Last time I checked it wasn't on their list on their site, but it is available, I have an account.

divine422 02-16-2009 01:18 PM

I also have a moneybookers account, i still dont know if i trust them enough to use them for high valued transactions. I have a love hate relationship with Paypal but at least we understand each other.

JamesYaBaoy 02-16-2009 04:03 PM

PayMate fees are annouced:

3.0 + 0.29 / transaction

A little bit higher than PayPAl

TMiles 02-16-2009 05:02 PM

The main quote that should give concern is 'However, if eBay freezes an account we will also suspend the tied Paymate account until the matter is resolved with eBay."

All else looks good. I am just concerned about the limitation of funds.

Also, all companies say they are going to fight for their customers in charge-back situations. PayPal says the same thing!!!

yaw1800 02-16-2009 06:47 PM

Wouldnt be too bad if it turns out their service is better than Paypal