EBooks for getting back on eBay - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Do you think they could track the DNS host of my email addresses?
Good point, I don't think so though. They have a hard enough time tracking IP's. I doubt they have the processes in place to do a whois lookup for the email domain. I would guess that you use a web host that thousands of other are domains hosted? If so, your new domain will blend right in with the others.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
What do you guys think about this:

1. I was going to start a business account anyway... I would get a new tax I.D. with it. This is just like a SS#.

2. I would then create a new bank account with the business name.

3. I could use a new address if I move by then, or a modified address such as Aspkins misspelled recommendations.

4. Change my ip of course.

5. Since I am a webhost, I can create new email address with a new domain, and still pop it into my machine.

6. Then create PayPal and Ebay accounts with the business name. Everything on the up-and-up, what do you guys think?
Sounds like a plan.
But with ebay constantly changing the rules and giving the boot to anyone and everyone who knows what will work?
Old 08-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I am on a MAC so the exe files did not work. Their site did not give you a way to buy the book that I could see!
Thats a simple fix...just use WINE. It is a Windows Emulator that works for Mac. Them you can use that .exe file
Old 08-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up

Hey Fancy, now your talking. You got the ingredients their to make it work...especially since you are a web host...go for it
Old 08-23-2007

You can sort of condense the information in Ebay replay (which, I agree, is the best of the 3 Ebay Suspension EBooks I've read) to the following playbook:

1. Get a new IP. Format your HD if possible. Never check suspended email account or Paypal account.

2. Get a new email. Any will do. Gmail is among the best. There are some ways to prevent the embedded Ebay tags from finding out you have a suspended account, but if you've completed step one, you probably don't need it.

2. Get a credit card with a totally different name/address. Generally, any post office box will do. Or you can use a Simon giftaccount card, which can be sent to any name/address (but I think there is extra suspicion for Simon card users).

3. Get a new bank account (I personally have a savings and checking. Savings was only for recieving Paypal. When I needed a new Ebay account, I just changed the savings account #.) It can be in your name because Paypal never checks. However, sometimes you might have issues if you try to send money from your bank account and the names do not match up.

4. Open an Ebay account. Open Paypal account. Verify PP with credit card expanded use # and bank account deposit verification.

5. Do not use any information or anything similar to your former account (new pictures, new picture hosting, new listings, new fonts, etc.). For best results, hold off posting for 30 days until your account is no longer "new".

6. Profit

A caveat is that I've found "Auctiva" to be a good service, which also helps you minimize your time spent on the Ebay site listing and replying to emails, plus it can check your auction progress without you having to log into Ebay.
Old 08-23-2007

What type of fees does Auctiva charge?

Can they take CC payments?

Are they pretty easy to use/

Sounds like they could be a nice buffer between us "branded" scofflaws and the gods of ebay.
Old 08-23-2007

Longevity: 99%

Auctiva is a free service. I've used them as have many here. I don't think Aspkin has a problem with posting links like this, but out of respect just look for .com

Auctiva is an ebay supporter but to our knowledge they do not share information. There will be a "token" generated when you register. This too is not supposed to share anything with ebay, even though the ability is clearly there. I suppose it's only ethics and loyalty that keeps them from doing so.

Very easy to use, you can set them up for automatic payments, notices, etc. The only problems I have are the basic "save before you enter" errors. But if you're familiar with ebay you're familiar with that and it won't be much of an issue. Also, if you're copying code, they're a bit tricky as Auctiva has their own code you have to strip first.

I would definately recommend giving them a try though. If nothing else, they're a great repository for tailoring your listings before actually listing.
Old 08-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Very easy to use, you can set them up for automatic payments, notices, etc. The only problems I have are the basic "save before you enter" errors. But if you're familiar with ebay you're familiar with that and it won't be much of an issue. Also, if you're copying code, they're a bit tricky as Auctiva has their own code you have to strip first.
Automatic payments? To who...ebay (for fees) sellers (for goods).
Do they collect payment (like PP) I believe that they offer a checkout service.

If this all is true doesn't using them make getting around the EB-PP conspiracies a lot easier by basically finding a way around PP?

The last thing you said I got totally lost on.
"copying code" and "strip first" I'm sure this has something to do with web page layout or authoring, but I don't have a clue.
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

I use Auctiva with my merchant account to accept payments from my customers through ebay checkout
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

Nope sure can not, unless your using another auction management service besides Auctiva such as a 3rd party ebay checkout
Old 09-03-2007

would you like to share this book for free with everyone or are you just advertising?
Old 09-03-2007
Executive [VIP]

would it be out of line to post the ebook here? :o
Old 09-03-2007

Thats what im saying share this golden wisdom!!
Old 09-03-2007

I don't know if I'd post it here but PM would be encouraged.
Old 09-03-2007
Executive [VIP]

IMO eBay Replay is a rip-off. For the money it charges, it doesn't tell you much more than you can find on these forums.
Old 09-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Lightbulb It's always something for nothing...geesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
IMO eBay Replay is a rip-off. For the money it charges, it doesn't tell you much more than you can find on these forums.
You think $30 for over 200 pages of researched information is too much. LOL...LOL What you are really saying is your to tight to spend it...or you do not consider your business worth the investment. Come-on lets be honest...if forums had all the answers; then you wouldn't be hanging around them for months asking questions on how to get back on. then come back after you got booted again asking more questions. You want only free info...great; but you get what you pay for. (Nothing personal Aspkin:o ) Me myself, I would gladly pay $100 or more for that ebay replay ebook. It got me back on just about 8 months ago and no boot up my arse yet. I've been telling you good folk about this for a few months...and all I here is gimmy gimmy for free. Guess none of you were around here when EBAY REPLAY (the company themselves) wrote on here about a copyright infringement on there book ...were you?? Well I was!!! Anyone remember CPUGEEK

So before you go putting Aspkins site in the sling for wanting something for free that’s protected, consider the consequences. The book is worth having...legally. And Aspkins site is worth keeping around too. :D
Old 09-03-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdog View Post
You think $30 for over 200 pages of researched information is too much. LOL...LOL What you are really saying is your to tight to spend it...or you do not consider your business worth the investment.
I actually got a hold of a copy of 'eBay Replay' a few days ago through a friend who already has it on his computer. I will be reverse-engineering the software that installs the eBook tomorrow and post it on a torrent available for everyone. Then everyone can make a judgment if it's worth the money or not. If it is, they can still buy their own licensed copy.

I'll let you guys know when it's done. It's the least I can do for everyone that has helped me over the past weeks, I feel like giving something back
Old 09-03-2007

thats awsome i was trying to just put randow crap in for the key please post the torrent link when its avalible. you rock!
Old 09-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I actually got a hold of a copy of 'eBay Replay' a few days ago through a friend who already has it on his computer. I will be reverse-engineering the software that installs the eBook tomorrow and post it on a torrent available for everyone. Then everyone can make a judgment if it's worth the money or not. If it is, they can still buy their own licensed copy.

I'll let you guys know when it's done. It's the least I can do for everyone that has helped me over the past weeks, I feel like giving something back
That is a great idea!
I wonder how many copies leonid(iot)is going to try and sell:D :D :D :D

Be sure to post it on a non-members only site...i.e. not Demonoid or similar unless registration is open at the time.
Old 09-03-2007

Sounds great and looking forward to it! I admit I've been curious what all the fuss is about! I'll be happy to donate to the book if it truly is worth the money.
Old 09-04-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Guys, no copyrighting of any eBook please. If you do it, do your self and keep it to your self. The forum will not be accountable to any copyright infringements. Thread closed.
Closed Thread