eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Yahoo Mobile Mail strips all data for safety (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/9783-yahoo-mobile-mail-strips-all-data-safety.html)

Burst 03-01-2009 09:21 AM

Yahoo Mobile Mail strips all data for safety

I know a lot of people prefer gmail as it strips all beacons/tracking information in emails from eBay and Paypal. If you want to use Yahoo its still possible. Yahoo has a mobile web page where you can access everything from the original Yahoo.com. The only difference is that its stripped down completely.

When logging into email, everything inside the subject is broken into plain text. You can check multiple accounts with one computer/phone and read emails from all of them without issue.

Check it out

Y! Login

Or go to m.yahoo.com

aspkin 03-01-2009 11:28 AM

Not bad, thanks Orion.

jesseinkaron 03-02-2009 12:14 AM

Has the forum decided that ebay does in fact use beacons to link and suspend accounts? Is that the consensus ? And if that is so .. then would it not be possible for these beacons to be passed around quickly from seller to buyer and back to other sellers ? for example , many buyers probably don't clear their cookies. And if they are buying counterfieghts on ebay , they likely have been dealing with users that could be suspended. It could be possible for them to pick up these beacons and pass them around to other sellers ? Or does it not work like that ?

aspkin 03-02-2009 01:00 AM

You know I've never had a problem with linking because of opening an email.

But then all I use is Gmail for eBay/PayPal which blocks tracking images by default.

I do know there are tracking pixels within each email which can tell a lot about you, for example your IP Address. But as long as you have images blocked, you'll be fine.

You do bring up a good point about replying to an email and passing on tracking images. But it's not like you're passing a cookie along.. you're just sending the tracking code to a user, which will load on their PC and become tracked by eBay.. nothing big.

To add more to this, some say when eBay reads your IP Addrress with the tracking pixel, if you have any eBay cookies on your machine, they're picked up as well. No cookies are put on your machine, they're just read. I'm not sure about this, but it does make some sense.

Regardless I use Gmail (images disabled by default) so there are no issues for me.

Jonas 03-06-2009 12:34 AM

People go to great lengths when they just need to turn pictures off.