eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Need advice: what to do correctly (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/9943-need-advice-what-do-correctly.html)

KingRay 03-12-2009 04:41 PM

Need advice: what to do correctly

I sold some items on ebay a month ago, was getting my packages sent back to me due to the bar codes being printed too small. Some were taking weeks to come back and I was in very good communication with my buyers. nearly 400 pkgs were affected and only a couple were really pissed still after explaining this to them an keeping them up to date.

This one guy that sells himself and has a 2k number himself filed a claim on paypal and won it, got his money but during all that mess I got his package back and resent it. he was fine until he got it. Then he just tells me he will send it(payment) when he wants to since I was feeding him lies he says.

The next email after I asked for payment again said that he is not going to send me crap but he will send back the product ONLY if I sent him a shipping ticket and he wasnt going to pay jack to send it back due to him being mad.

Now, One time I had a guy say he didnt get something and he called the Assistant DA in our area over $18. I got letters threatening me from them saying that If I dont send him another one that I will get a $500 fine and face jail time(surely not on this small of an item though). She was relentless to get that $18 from me and I had to just send another one. This was a guy that simply wanted the cheapest shipping with no tracking so I did it.

The guy I am dealing with now got his stuff and it shows on the USPS site clearly plus I have an email saying that he will send it when he wants to. saying he is not going to listen to BS threats.

What would you guys do????? I am wanting to talk to HIS assistant DA(different state) and do the same but for some reason I feel they will see it as minute and tell me to drop it. maybe I am just not confident in it.

either way this guy has my product and money. yeah only $40 or so but its money and product that I could have sold to someone else.

Just wanting some advice here. Thanks

TGMT² 03-12-2009 04:47 PM

If it was me...I would just blow-it-off.

Life is to short to let $40. cause me that sort of irritation.

Save your battles for the high ticket items.

GreenBean 03-12-2009 05:04 PM

A fault with delivery of packages, one out of 400 buyers gives trouble? Learn from it. Make sure that pacakages are 'perfect' in future. That is your responsibilty. $40 is a loss once only. The excellent customer service you will provide with future sales will offset this. The buyer that gave you a hard time will have his turn with Karma.(rightly so)

KingRay 03-12-2009 06:02 PM

Wow, I was expecting someone to say go for it. If someone is being that spiteful teach them a lesson. Seems everytime I am on that end of the stick I get screwed.

Thanks for the comments.

TGMT² 03-12-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 78781)
nearly 400 pkgs were affected

You said 400 packages were affected, so that means you could of had 400 potential problems and only had one real one that was only $40.

Doesn't sound like you got screwed to me. Sounds more like you winning a small lottery.

aspkin 03-13-2009 01:12 AM

If you feel up to it go for it, but is it really worth it?

If it were me, I would send one last email to the buyer explaining the situation and maybe kill him with kindness, but if that didn't work I would just move on. With this type of business you have to expect losses at times. Sheesh I factor it into my profits.

You're lucky really, you could of had many more problems then that.