Need Some Help And Advice On Suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 12-25-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Need Some Help And Advice On Suspension

Ok I am new to this forum but wish I would have known about it a long time ago, anyways, I have been selling on ebay for about 16 months, give or take.

I was selling old movies, public domain titles, stuff from like the 40's, 50's and a bit newer but the problem is some of my titles were so rare I was making alot of money on just one auction.

So I got a vero notice, ebay telling me I had violated a copyright. Well I sent several emails back and forth to ebay and finally an ebay rep told me that all of my auctions had to say that they were public domain items an that i should not have any more problems with auctions being terminated.

I complied and put this public domain disclaimer on all of my listings, and for a while things were good. Then I got five of my auctions halted at once, I suspected an angry competitor but of course ebay wont tell me who reported me.

I then got a notice stating that due to the excessive alerts these five auctions generated my account was being suspended indefinitely. I got angry and I then contacted ebay and stated that these were all in compliance with ebays policies about public domain films and that my listings all said this.

They of course sent their standard threatening email and said tough luck we are not changing our minds, your account is gone.

I figured i had nothing to lose so I filed a report with the better business bureau. I sent a copy of the case number to ebay and told them i wanted no further contact with them and that they could explain to the bbb their position. I made the claim of fraud on ebays part, my argument was ebay stated that they allow public domain items, and one of their own employees contacted me and told me to state in my listings they were public domain items but yet ebay stopped the auctions claiming copyright infringement but the funny thing is public domain films have no copyrights.

Well 72 hours after sending ebay the bbb case number, i get this nice email stating that my listings are being returned to me and that ebay made an error in stopping the auctions and that they sincerely apologize. The letter even states that I can resume my auctions for these films but here is the kicker.............my account is still suspended!!

so i sent a letter to ebay stating that if these auctions they stopped were the cause of my suspension as per their form letter they sent me and now that they have realized these were legal films to sell and have returned my listings to me, should they not put my account back on active status.

so far they dont have an answer at all, I mean logically if you suspend my account cause someone reported these auctions as copyright violations but then you later realize these auctions were not a violation of anything, logically i figure they should restore my account, but as i said, this just shows the stupidity of ebay, the auctions that got your suspended are found to have been an error but yet they dont want to reinstate my account.

any ideas?

any suggestions?

should i fight for this account or just let it go and just pursue my complaint with the better business bureau?

help!!!

fitti
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-25-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Your account is gone. EBay does this all the time. They know they made a mistake but they their system is so unorganized that even if they unsuspended your account, it would be flagged again and suspended within a week. It's better to move on and start a new account.
Old 12-26-2007

Longevity: 94%
Default :(

Really? It's better to start a new account? I was excited for a second there, that fittipaldi had been able to get an actual human response, I've never heard of this better business bureua. I didnt know they could be affected by an outside party.

Can anyone report your listings, for any reason? It's just that I had a non paying buyer, shortly before my suspension, and within an hour after my suspension, she posted that she would not pay because "I was no longer a registered eBay member". To be honest, I was fine to do a mutual withdrawal, all she had to do was communicate within the 14 days, and the 7 polite emails I sent.. It's kind of sad really, if she did go to those lengths when she could have just talked to me about it.
Old 12-26-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

yes buyers and sellers can report and get you kicked off ebay and your auctions yanked easily. Ever heard the saying the man with the bigger pockets rule..

And Fittipaldi,

You may have a good lawsuit or civil case if Ebay did indeed send you that letter stating that is was their fault bla bla bla...They ar e admitting fault and negligence on their behalf
Old 12-27-2007

Longevity: 95%

i would think that you should keep sending them emails.
one of my accounts got suspended because it was "being used" while another account was suspended. at first i thought that ebays word was god, but nope, i checked my logs and i wasnt using any accounts that are linked to that one by name, so i sent them a lot of emails saying to put my accounts back, and they actually did...

send them an email asking where the reinstatement form is so you can fax it in, they should give you a link for that and then maybe you'll get reinstated
Old 01-09-2008

Longevity: 95%
Default Need help .Willing to pay

I don;t reside in US but registered an account in US site .Got suspended.

Illinios,USA.

Any 1 can provide me with a Illinios driving liciense and utility bill for me to photo it and sent it to them.

I am willing to pay for any one who wish to help me out.

Please help

Email me at tancollection981@aol.com

Thanks
Old 07-28-2019

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Need Some Help And Advice On Suspension

They of course sent their standard threatening email and said tough luck we are not changing our minds, your account is gone.
Old 07-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Need Some Help And Advice On Suspension

michael88, this thread is over 11 years old :(