Questions about returning to ebay after suspensions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 09-19-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Questions about returning to ebay after suspensions

I'm hoping there are some members here who have been in a situation similar to mine and please offer me some advice...Been searching but can't find any solid info about my particular situation.

About 4-5 years ago I had an eBay and PP account linked together. I think the accounts were created in early 2000. Used both a few years just to buy things. Decided to start selling some things, did well, then eventually upgraded to merchant/business accounts and quickly became a power-seller. I mostly sold cell phones from China.

Long-story-short, my ebay account got suspended, if I remember correctly, due to unpaid seller fees but there could have been more issues (I honestly can't remember). I ended up closing the associated PP account before a negative balance could be applied. Balance was sent to collections (I can't remember the exact amount, but it was a few hundred dollars, but definitely less than 1000). I never paid it. I'm not happy about this, ashamed actually, but I'm not a rich guy so I guess that's that until I win the lottery or something...

The thing is, I currently have personal ebay and PP accounts (with all my real info and verified/confirmed) that I opened back in 2008. To this day, I have never sold anything on ebay with my personal account, but have received some PP payments (all less than 100usd) the past 2 months for random things on some forums. I've regularly purchased things over the past few years with my personal ebay and PP accounts, and still, no problems or limitations.

Ok, so I want to start selling again on eBay...My fear is that once I post something for sale using my personal account, it will be an immediate or eventual red flag to ebay and PP and my accounts will be suspended and limited....For now, I am not planning on selling many things or anything too expensive (at most, maybe 300 usd once a week). Just some personal items I no longer need for now...

Around the time my merchant accounts got suspended/closed, I did try once or twice creating new accounts using family member names but those got linked to my merchant accounts and were shut down.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

Not such a big situation - time for you to learn stealth and make new accounts.

All the best
Old 09-20-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Not such a big situation - time for you to learn stealth and make new accounts.

All the best
So based off of my particular situation, do you think using my personal account to sell will alert ebay and pp and cause me trouble?

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

If you were suspended on Ebay with your real information then it's time to go full stealth. Purchase the Ebay Stealth Book and just go from there.

If you try to register a new account with the same info that's been banned before it will red flag you.