Better Business Bureau --- File a Complaint! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Better Business Bureau --- File a Complaint!

We need to do something. I was suspended a year and a half ago and still can't use ebay, I asked to SPEAK to someone on the phone in the Trust & Safety team, and I also asked to speak to a head person, a supervisor. I was refused both. I was told I would only be able to contact that team through the Ebay site. Well, it takes DAYS for them to respond, then when you want to respond to their message, it goes to someone else.

There is no way for you to make a good case when each time a new team member is reading your message.

I think we need to mass report them to the better business bureau just on the fact of their crappy customer service.. Walk into any store or call ANY business and you can speak to a supervisor. You can even get someone from paypal on the phone.

But the fact that the Trust & Safety team refuses to speak one on one to someone is just suspicious to me. I think they are hiding. The fact that they couldn't even give me the NAME of the head person, shows me they're hiding.

If you want to file a complaint, go to http://us.bbb.com (just click on what country your from).

Try this link: File a Complaint
Ebay is in San Jose, CA... It's the first listing (HQ)

I don't think we are being treated fairly here. If someone was willing to talk to me over the phone, allowed me to explain my case, and still suspended me, I would be fine. But they are clearly avoiding us.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeme2011 View Post
There is no way for you to make a good case when each time a new team member is reading your message.
As far as I'm concerned those emails are all prefabricated templates, written at the 6th grade level, drawn up by the legal team by some pimply faced 24 year old lawyer fresh out of law school. There's probably a total of 30-40 or so templates sent out in total. Names are randomly assigned such as Bobby, Teddie, Patrick etc... There is so much incoming mail it cannot be handled normally (read it and use your common sense to solve a problem) so as soon as a new email arrives it's scanned for 2-3 seconds then with a push of a button a template is added to the reply and some random name is assigned.

I thought something was fishy when I sent a long email pointing out all the details of my case, the licensed dealer I buy from, where and why the VERO member was in error yet after I sent that email to ebay I had a response in 10-15 seconds saying "Thank-you for writing to ebay about your suspension. After a complete investigation of all the facts in your case we have determined your account will remain closed" Go figure.

If I do not list a valid working phone number for my customers to reach me at I will be suspended. If Ebay does not list a valid working number for their customers to reach them then it's business as usual. It's nice to have a monopoly eh?

My question is this.

Who spanks the spankers?

Old 06-14-2008
Threadstarter  

I absolutely think you are correct! It seems like everyone gets the same response. So crazy.

I think there should be a class action lawsuit.. haha kidding

But, because I was banned, nobody else can register an account. My mom tried with her OWN credit card and information. In less than 24 hours she was suspended. That is not fair at all!!
Old 06-14-2008

Longevity: 92%

When ebay suspended me perm. I wrote to ebay and told them I was reporting them to BBB and writing to my States Atty Generals Office. I did point out that I was originally suspended for only 7 days and I did not make a new screen name during the 7 day suspension period that I made an honest mistake by misunderstanding the reinstatement part of the suspension (I really thought after 7 days all was fine) Told them it was an honest mistake but now I am being treated like a criminal and I am a longtime member of ebay and where is their loyalty etc. Not that my letter will make a difference but I am still so annoyed!

Last edited by Modee; 06-15-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2008
Threadstarter  

trg005,

That's exactly what I am talking about... My account was suspended December 2006. It was my first suspension and I gave up and thought I would be automatically allowed back. It's been a year and a half, I no longer use the email I signed up with on that account and forgot the password so I couldn't check.

Two weeks ago is when I signed up the new account. Here is a quote I received that really set me off:
"When your account was suspended, it was a simple matter of
waiting 7 days and applying for reinstatement. However, you never
applied for reinstatement."

They just sent me that message 2 days ago!!!!! In 2006, I was supposed to wait 7 days and then beg to come back, because I didn't, I am not banned indefinitly because I just opened a new account recently.

When I file a BBB complaint, I don't want to focus on the suspension, I want to focus that I was never allowed to speak to a real person, over the phone, and my questions weren't answered. Plus, they admit my suspension was only for 7 days, yet a year and a half later, I am STILL suspended.

Last edited by writeme2011; 06-14-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-14-2008

Longevity: 92%

I have come to the conclusion {please NO laughing from the regulars} that the chance of getting reinstated rank right up with winning the lottery. Now , why the heck ebay does not really have a department to "complain to" is a mystery. They are canned emails, I get the same exact email when I wrote a long explanation or when my message was, Use the black balloons. no one is reading them, I know that ebay considers me a ... zero, a nothing, a blank. So that is exactly what I will be to them.... a blank... oh, I forgot, I now have "fantasy friends' and they ALL buy and sell on ebay.
Ebay is happy and so are my friends. Take what you can and never give anything back.
Old 06-30-2008

YOUR ALL LUCKY i GOT THIS IN AN EMAIL AFTER MANY CALLS TO CS AND TS

"I would like to ask that you refrain from calling PowerSeller support as
you do not have phone support while suspended. Further calls may
permanently jeopardize your account status."

I understand your frustration regarding this matter and apologize for
the inconvenience it caused you.

Sincerely,

Terri
Office of the President