Should I go reinstate or not? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 06-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Should I go reinstate or not?

I read through most of this forum and dont think my questions are covered. ASPKIN, Modee,and EBHL, please help.

I have multiple ebay accounts but wasnt aware that Ebay was using IP address and cookies but not only registration information to trace down every account for the possible linkage between one and the other until some of all accounts got suspended.

The first one was suspended because of VERO listings and the others are suspended for linkage of suspended account. I had two violations in 2 months. I used real name and old address for registration. Some of those 7 accounts have current address with others names and the rest accounts have virtual address and other names.

Now, should I go for the reinstatement process? Will those linked account be reinstated automatically(I dont think so, but need your confirmation)? What is the worst scenario that I dont go for the reinstatement? Any penalty or legal action will be brought up to against me other than suspending my account indefinitely? I saw some treads not in this forum talking about someone has to pay hefty fine to clear his/her ebay account and never got an idea what it is. If anyone knows about it, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Also, what should I do about the rest two accounts. Does Ebay save all cookies and log on histories to match one account with another? Does Ebay find two accounts linked just by providing the same IP address only once or they have to figure this out through the level of similarity? I assume they dont keep all histories and there should be a session (time period) that they keep the records for this purpose, but I need your assurance. If so, should I clean the cookie and use a different IP address to log on those accounts and refresh the log on history to make they are unlikely linked? Or I should just forget it and move on to ebay stealthy accounts. The big concern is I have total around 10 accounts and if Ebay will get serious on this if Ebay discovered all of them are linked and provided unreal informations. Again, if that is the case, any penalty or legal actions they might bring up?

The last question is if Ebay is able to physically locate me if they have my IP address? I'd appreciate anyone's help with this topic. Thank you very much.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2008

I have had a few accounts suspended and the only one that they reinstated was the one I faxed my id and utility bill for. They never reopened the other links accounts again. I would suggest not using any accounts that have the same information as the accounts that have been suspended, they will just suspend those too. I have never heard of eBay actually taking legal action and some of my accounts have been suspended for 6 months. I change my IP address a few times a week (I found how to do it on youtube) and I use Mozilla Firefox when I log on because it is easy to clear out your cookies...just go under tools and then clear private data. Your IP address only tells your general area not your actual location.
Old 06-29-2008
Threadstarter  

Smile

Thank you very much.

anyone else has more thoughts?
Old 06-29-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
If it were me--I'd go for Reinstatement for any/all of them.. All u need is the id and the util bill..

If your main acct was what caused the suspension--they must have given you a date- i.e. suspended for 3 months/6 months etc..
IF they Reinstate the MAIN acct- My experience has been the linked accts --they already know you are using multiple accts- they will be o.k. if no more serious violations--
BUT-then again--Ebay has no rhyme nor reason??
Good luck
Then-I'd take it slow..
Old 06-29-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI:
If it were me--I'd go for Reinstatement for any/all of them.. All u need is the id and the util bill..

If your main acct was what caused the suspension--they must have given you a date- i.e. suspended for 3 months/6 months etc..
IF they Reinstate the MAIN acct- My experience has been the linked accts --they already know you are using multiple accts- they will be o.k. if no more serious violations--
BUT-then again--Ebay has no rhyme nor reason??
Good luck
Then-I'd take it slow..
ID and utility bill for old address? I dont think so. I was told if Ebay found those info doesnt match with their registration record, they will not reinstate my account. As to the rest of my other account, I guess Ebay will need utility bill and ID for each to reinstate them. Am I wrong? If so, I have nothing to provide.

They didnt provide a date and I'd guess that's indefinitely. It is really unexpected once i got message from them. I have around 200 fb and 100% positive and I am just an occasional seller. I dont really mind they suspend this account or me individually forever but I do need to know if I have any chances to keep the other two or three ebay accounts left. Also, I am a little scared by other forums' stories of paying horrible amount fine but no one ever explained in details.
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

You'll have an up hill battle with little to no chance of getting your accounts back. I suggest you read the eBay Stealth Book again; it seems you missed some key information based on your first post questions and start with a fresh account. Again read eBay Stealth again. Let me know if you have any questions after that.
Old 07-03-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You'll have an up hill battle with little to no chance of getting your accounts back. I suggest you read the eBay Stealth Book again; it seems you missed some key information based on your first post questions and start with a fresh account. Again read eBay Stealth again. Let me know if you have any questions after that.
What about the legal actions? Well, I havent been contacted by them so far and it has been 3 weeks. But Ebay is really unpredictable, isnt it?
Old 10-16-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Suspension

Hi, I just got suspended for 7 days, they need me to send in a utility bill and ID,
account is in good standing except for the vero. Has anyone tried to send a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id information? all the info on my ebay account is not real, any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

You know if you take the time and read a few post.....
Maybe do a search or two maybe, just maybe you would find the information you are looking.
There have only been a few new questions in the past few weeks and yours is not new.
READ THE FORUM