I just do not understand what eBay is trying to do. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 05-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default I just do not understand what eBay is trying to do.

So, I have had a new seller account on ebay for 70 days, my first sale was 28 days ago. I had an account that I haven't even accessed in 4 years in which I owed seller fees on. I actually assumed the account was closed and that I couldn't use it anymore. A few days ago ebay shut down all my selling on my new account until I paid the seller fees. Which, I totally understand, I owed them money. I immediately paid them.

All my accounts are now linked, and it looks like I don't have any limits on my original account as far as selling goes. With my new account I can sell up to 100 items, and only 20 items in the women's clothing category until July 2nd. I only sell women's clothing, so this is obviously kind of inconvenient. My husband has a separate account which we generally use for buying, and that account now can not sell anything.

We have used it to sell like, 30 items over the course of 5 years. It has been active longer than all my accounts. That makes no sense to me. I guess my question is: can I just use my original account to sell instead of my new account? I don't see this as avoiding selling limits when I've had the other account forever, and it displays no limits, but I really don't know how eBay sees it... and I don't want to get in "trouble". Would the category limit apply to all my accounts, or just the new account? Or both? Could my older account really not have limits? It literally says nothing about limits, and they just reinstated it yesterday. I have called eBay 4 times in the past few days, and I just can't wait on hold for again for over an hour to ask someone, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to understand my messy explanation and help me out. Thank you in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: I just do not understand what eBay is trying to do.

All your accounts are linked, and you have a big mess right now, definitely stop calling eBay that will just bring more attention to everything

I think you said one of the accounts was restricted from selling, if this is the case than the others will follow shortly after.

The best thing to do is stop calling eBay

Continue selling on just one account and that account should be the one that you are currently selling on. If you have multiple accounts that are under your real information than you cannot sell the same items or categories in all the accounts, doing so would be considered a violation , trying to circumvent the limits

I don't think your accounts will last much longer but you never know

In the meantime learn stealth and start building accounts and operating with no links
Old 05-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 57%

It is a huge mess. Ebay found my original account that I owed fees on, linked them and blocked selling on all of them, then reinstated my newest account. My original account doesn't have restrictions after I paid the fees attached to it. Ebay is so much more complicated now. I really rather just use my original account, I just assumed it was closed. Oh well, I'll find other things to sell. Thanks for the response!
Old 05-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

If you are only going to rely on 1 account.....that's a bad idea. Running stealth accounts side by side with your original account would be a better move, this way if anything happens to your original you have back-ups.
Old 05-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - time to master stealth and let go of this murky past. Multipel stealths help to spread the risk
Old 05-31-2014

Longevity: 78%

yeah there is nothing worse than getting to that point where your only account is killed and you have nothing but time on your hands as you start building your next account up.

Much easier to have the other accounts ready and able to go to work and earning their keep while they do so.
Old 06-05-2014

Longevity: 59%

Make more accounts....you got REALLY lucky so far...you'll thank yourself down the road if you have a few accounts standing by.....been there, done that ,myself.
Old 07-19-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Have a goal in mind and work for the future now and have tons of accounts to use.
Old 07-24-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Have a goal in mind and work for the future now and have tons of accounts to use.
Must agree, hanging on to the past won't allow you to move on.