eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Royal Mail Steal Parcels (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/101575-royal-mail-steal-parcels.html)

Den 12-04-2016 08:57 AM

Royal Mail Steal Parcels

Hi,i know it's a busy time for royal mail was last week,but royal mail lost 17 my parcels just in 4 days time,is this happened only with me,or it's normal for this time of year?

oompaloompa 12-04-2016 09:50 AM

Re: Royal Mail Steal Parcels

depends on how many you sent - it should be less than 1%
if it is not under that, then it could be a problem at your end, eg. the post office you drop at, taking stuff...

there are more temp workers this time of year too..

anything delivered to flats is always more risky....

within the percentage of not received items, there is not just the postal workers - buyer lying, mis-delivered stuff, taken from porch/doorstep etc and neighbour has it...

HeatherD 12-05-2016 07:15 AM

Ive been a seller on ebay for 16 years...i think theft is getting worse generally year on year. i now send all my items registered post. x

rsot 12-05-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherD (Post 816059)
Ive been a seller on ebay for 16 years...i think theft is getting worse generally year on year. i now send all my items registered post. x

Smart to register the packages. That theft comment is a pretty big one to make.

JamesNorth101 12-05-2016 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 815911)
Hi,i know it's a busy time for royal mail was last week,but royal mail lost 17 my parcels just in 4 days time,is this happened only with me,or it's normal for this time of year?

Aa a % of total mail sent what does that work out at?

And how are you posting items?

Bunneh 12-05-2016 08:02 AM

How long have you wait for delivery before you considered this as 'stealing'

i have been experiencing delays on first class recorded items.

James Brown 12-05-2016 01:04 PM

Even sending 1st class registered packages via RM is risky, seeing as many are delivered without postman bothering to get a signature for them. In my experience if buyer is out and has to collect from local delivery office it is very common that the tracking never gets updated to show as delivered. It usually just says 'item is progressing through our network for delivery'. This even happens with special delivery which is supposed to be a secure service for valuable items.

Den 12-05-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 816070)
How long have you wait for delivery before you considered this as 'stealing'

i have been experiencing delays on first class recorded items.

For example on 30th i sent 38 Large letters 1st class signed for,almost all of them were delivered,excepting 3, which i sent to same address and all 3 still in progress.

Den 12-05-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherD (Post 816059)

it's always getting worse before x-mas,had same thing last year,when 10-15 of 100 were lost.this year same situation.

Bunneh 12-05-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 816134)
For example on 30th i sent 38 Large letters 1st class signed for,almost all of them were delivered,excepting 3, which i sent to same address and all 3 still in progress.

Have all those people claimed non receipt, or it just not getting signed for?

Seems like a lot.

Normally if postage is underpaid, the buyer has to check where the parcel is at the sorting office, or wait for a letter in the mail from royal mail for them to pay extra charges before collecting the item.

Den 12-05-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 816138)
Have all those people claimed non receipt, or it just not getting signed for?

Seems like a lot.

Normally if postage is underpaid, the buyer has to check where the parcel is at the sorting office, or wait for a letter in the mail from royal mail for them to pay extra charges before collecting the item.

Yes peoples chasing me,i'm always paying a bit more than need,if letter 200g i pay for postage of 300g(just extra 40p,but less problems)

Jackery 12-06-2016 05:13 AM

People follow delivery trucks around this time of year and steal the packages they drop off, I always wait ten minutes before opening the door to get my deliveries in hopes one of these dummies try it at my house, of course the gun is loaded and I will shoot their ass dead if it happens

Jackery 12-06-2016 05:16 AM

They also are stealing the entire truck when the delivery carrier gets out to deliver a package, 7 UPS trucks were stolen in my county last year at this time

James Brown 12-06-2016 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 816134)

Pretty much proves my point, seeing as all three sent to same addresss. I would bet recipient was not home to sign for them and was left a card to collect from local delivery office where the numpty on desk either forgot to take a signature or failed to update the tracking. Happens a lot with RM, especially at this time of year. Whatever the cause it can cause major problems for sellers.