eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   eBay buyer returning wrong item to the wrong address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/101850-ebay-buyer-returning-wrong-item-wrong-address.html)

chanthecat 12-14-2016 07:19 AM

eBay buyer returning wrong item to the wrong address

I sold an item to an eBay buyer in Canada I posted it using an international Royal Mail service with delivery confirmation - receipt shows a weight of 1.394kg.
Had a multitude of problems with this buyer first they tried to get me to refund whilst the item was sat at their local post depot, then the buyer opened an item not received request after tracking showed as delivered. 4 hours later they then opened a return request, which has resulted in them returning a different item to me. They are sending back an item weighing 190g (obviously not the item I sent) through Canada Posts ‘Xpresspost International’ service. (Expected delivery date is the 21st according to Canada Post website).

But it is not even being sent to my address.
I only have the name (which is correct) and postcode it is being delivered to - not the house number. The postcode belongs to a street a short distance from where I live.
Is there anyway to intervene and I could still possibly receive the parcel? (I have asked Royal Mail the official way but their blunt answer was no).

Additionally the buyer has added a value of around £140 to the parcel (sale price was £225). If this item attracts custom fees I won’t be able to pay them, etc. All this has been purposely done the further the scam I suppose. But do I need the contents to appeal the case on eBay? Any advice or a lost cause?

(Also I sell / list on eBay UK but the buyer bought this item on the Canadian eBay site, when I ask eBay UK on live chat they always refer to eBay Canada who are a nightmare to deal with.)

just_smile 12-15-2016 12:26 PM

Re: eBay buyer returning wrong item to the wrong address

Why would you go to great lengths to get the item back if you know he has sent a different item?

Sounds like a lost cause to me. Refund and move on or let eBay decide your fate. (bare in mind unresolved cases count against you)

chanthecat 12-16-2016 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 818127)
Why would you go to great lengths to get the item back if you know he has sent a different item?

Sounds like a lost cause to me. Refund and move on or let eBay decide your fate. (bare in mind unresolved cases count against you)

eBay talked me into it, they basically made it sound like by not accepting the return it was an admission of guilt. And the only way I could appeal the case was to have the item returned, whether it was the item I sent or not.
I’ve never encountered someone trying to do this before so I realise now I was probably a bit naive in doing so.

just_smile 12-16-2016 04:57 AM

To be honest if someone wants to force a return on ebay they can. As a seller there's not much you can do about it. The system is automated and geared for the buyer.

We all run in to buyers like this from time to time unfortunately.

oompaloompa 12-22-2016 03:35 PM

seems someone near you, will get your package.....with the tracking showing as delivered, you could photograph a brick and submit it as evidence and show the difference in weight on the tracking (it could be extra packaging the buyer has packed it with causing the difference)..........however I never heard of them siding with seller in this situation, the delivery confirmation is all that matters........