eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   using eBay while tethering (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/103868-using-ebay-while-tethering.html)

chokolat1 01-14-2017 05:01 PM

using eBay while tethering

Hi everyone just bought the stealth guide and have read most of it.

I still have 1 question which I would like to clarify..if anyone knows..

One of my accounts has been restricted which I used the eBay app for on 4G (didn't know that I shouldn't :s ) I logged into the account recently on my MacBook via home broadband service but this created a link to my partners account who used the broadband service at home and also restricted his account too as a result. I am working on getting my restriction lifted but not sure how long it will take.

I have now created a new account on a completely new pc, on a different wifi network.
My question is - would I be safe to tether from the iPhone (which has the eBay app on it which used my restricted account) to the MacBook or my partners PC to log into the new account , providing that cookies and flash objects are cleared? or can we try go ahead and create a new account on the PC and still tether (tether so the IP changes) Would eBay be able to link this new account to the 2 that have been suspended?

Hope that makes sense

Thank you

sriwaheguru 01-15-2017 06:57 AM

Re: using eBay while tethering

Its better if you delete the app from your iphone. Its not recommended to use ebay app for stealth accounts. On Pc make new user account and teather with your iphone( make sure you restart iphone or put it on aeroplane mode for few mints to get new ip address). You are good to go. But if you wanna run more than one stealth account make sure you dont use same ip address.

rsot 01-15-2017 07:01 AM

Welcome to the forum - using the eb app is not recommended.

If you use the phone as a tether then, form what I understand, the phone itself is not active and is only providing IP

Play 01-16-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 824338)
Welcome to the forum - using the eb app is not recommended.

If you use the phone as a tether then, form what I understand, the phone itself is not active and is only providing IP

When your tethering, all your network related notifications i.e. whatsapp etc. come to a grinding halt? surely not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chokolat1 (Post 824279)
My question is - would I be safe to tether from the iPhone (which has the eBay app on it which used my restricted account) to the MacBook or my partners PC to log into the new account , providing that cookies and flash objects are cleared? or can we try go ahead and create a new account on the PC and still tether (tether so the IP changes) Would eBay be able to link this new account to the 2 that have been suspended?

When the app is still installed (and potentially running in the backround) - it will pickup and log your IPs. The very same IPs that you will tether with on your new account. So yes it will link and suspend.

I would recommend you factory reset the entire device, removing every trace of the app before considering using this phone as a form of tether.

rsot 01-16-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 824695)
When your tethering, all your network related notifications i.e. whatsapp etc. come to a grinding halt? surely not.

When the app is still installed (and potentially running in the backround) - it will pickup and log your IPs. The very same IPs that you will tether with on your new account. So yes it will link and suspend.

I would recommend you factory reset the entire device, removing every trace of the app before considering using this phone as a form of tether.

Agree on the factory reset and the app needs to be wiped. But when you're tethering, isn't the phone in "airplane mode"? Meaning that it only provides the IP but other data services are not in use?

Play 01-16-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 824727)
Agree on the factory reset and the app needs to be wiped. But when you're tethering, isn't the phone in "airplane mode"? Meaning that it only provides the IP but other data services are not in use?

If its tethering from your mobile data plan, then your wifi would be turned off. The premise of airplane mode is that all signal, in/out is turned off.

rookprop 01-17-2017 05:52 PM

TETHER?? Why tether? Just use hotspot.

Using airplane mode turns off mobile hotspot and reverts back to your home WIFI.

You really need to keep track of your IPs. Sounds like youre not.

The only reason to use airplane is to change your IP or if youre actually on an airplane

MM78 01-17-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookprop (Post 824921)
youre actually on an airplane

Holly crap, all this time I thought I was on an airplane headed to the Bahamas.....dreams, just dreams.

Play 01-17-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookprop (Post 824921)
TETHER?? Why tether? Just use hotspot.

:doh: I feel sorry for the OP. New to stealth. New to the forums. Then there's people who just aren't helping much.

FYI Tether and Hotspot are similar - both terms are thrown around as if there isn't much difference because for the purpose of stealth, there isn't. Whether you choose to tether or connect via mobile hotspot - in the end the result is the same -> Your getting IP from your mobile data plan. Its just two different ways of getting to the same destination.

rookprop 01-19-2017 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 824927)
Holly crap, all this time I thought I was on an airplane headed to the Bahamas.....dreams, just dreams.

Hey. He didnt know :) He put it on airplan mode thinking he was still attached to his phone IP.

So makes you ask the question: why wouldnt he know to take his phone off airplane mode.

rookprop 01-19-2017 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 824932)
:doh: I feel sorry for the OP. New to stealth. New to the forums. Then there's people who just aren't helping much.

FYI Tether and Hotspot are similar - both terms are thrown around as if there isn't much difference because for the purpose of stealth, there isn't. Whether you choose to tether or connect via mobile hotspot - in the end the result is the same -> Your getting IP from your mobile data plan. Its just two different ways of getting to the same destination.

Know whats even dumber than me using the same term redundantly? The guy who is wondering how he got linked because he turned his phone to airplane mode thinking he was linked to his phone IP when he probably reverted back to his house IP.

So me giving out more info than should be given is because maybe some people miss the basics.