eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paying fees with suspended paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/104481-paying-fees-suspended-paypal.html)

eezo 01-19-2017 04:34 AM

Paying fees with suspended paypal

So I currently have a 6 month hold on funds in pyapal to the tune of about 3.8k.

eBay are asking for about £400 in seller fees, I'm happy to pay them but I can't as my paypal account has been suspended.

This is a stealth account, what if my best course of action?

Thanks

Ebayorbust 01-19-2017 04:35 AM

Re: Paying fees with suspended paypal

Are you wanting to pay the fees and want to know the best way to proceed or are you asking if it's "okay" to ditch the ebay account and walk away?

eezo 01-19-2017 04:45 AM

Well I assume it's not OK to just walk away or I may not get anything back out of Paypal, unless someone here tells me otherwise?

So assuming I need to pay the eBay fees in full, how do I do that safely. Bearing in mind my paypal is already suspended so I assume I'm already linked some how.

florea_cioaca 01-19-2017 04:55 AM

I'm not sure if what I'm saying is correct ( maybe someone with more experience can share their opinion ) but if the ebay account is linked to the limited paypal won't the automatically take the funds in the 180 days period?
After all that 180 days period is to lock funds and adjust it with any debts/disputes. Isn't the ebay fee a debt that is taken automatically?
(This is just my opinion, haven't got any idea if it's true or not)

Ebayorbust 01-19-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

So assuming I need to pay the eBay fees in full, how do I do that safely.
By using an Entropay (if you have an account). If not then purchase multiple £50 / £25 Visa/Mastercard Gift cards from your local Tescos / Morrisons and use them.

oompaloompa 01-19-2017 05:29 AM

the weird thing is that ebay do not take the fees if there is a limitation on paypal, you would think there would be an arrangement between them for it....

quite alot to pay with a vcc, so is it stealth or real details account? That would affect advice on how to pay the fees.

I agree you should pay the fees on this....

eezo 01-19-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 825277)
the weird thing is that ebay do not take the fees if there is a limitation on paypal, you would think there would be an arrangement between them for it....

quite alot to pay with a vcc, so is it stealth or real details account? That would affect advice on how to pay the fees.

No the details are not genuine. At this point I'm thinking it may be easier to just let things run their course and let ebay take the money from the paypal account after 180 days I guess.

rsot 01-19-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eezo (Post 825315)
No the details are not genuine. At this point I'm thinking it may be easier to just let things run their course and let ebay take the money from the paypal account after 180 days I guess.

eB cannot take money from a limited pp account - even after the 180 days, they cannot

blacksecretagent 01-19-2017 12:13 PM

Afyer eBay and Paypal split into separate entities again, PayPal no longer authorise the payment of any outstanding ebay fees from a limited account. When ebay owned PayPal it always was the case that outstanding fees would be paid out of any frozen funds, in fact it was one of the 'reasons' they would hold onto any money still in the account (other than for their own skull-duggery of course!) but they no longer authorise any payments. I know the advice in the Stealth Guide is never to withdraw all monies as a limiting factor to attracting attention, however if like me you always kept enough in there to pay ebay fees and then the account gets limited, you either need to complete the steps to remove the limitation quickly enough (and successfully of course) or suck it up and pay the fees by any other means. Personally, I will no longer leave anything more than about £50 in an account as I would rather have the money withdrawn and burn the account than go through all the **** they put you through. Regardless of how careful you are there will come a time when you will get limited (unless you sell very little and quite sporadically, in which case what's the point as you're not utilising your stealth account to any kind of potential) so don't get caught short because as we all know Paypal are unscrupulous.

rookprop 01-19-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 825277)

Paypal and Ebay are separate entities. If you do not give Ebay permission, Ebay is not legally allowed to AUTOMATICALLY withdraw funds from Paypal.

When Ebay suspends my account, I dont pay their fees after.

TIP OF ADVICE. NEVER GIVE EBAY PERMISSION TO TAKE FUNDS AUTOMATICALLY. ALWAYS MAKE ONE TIME PAYMENTS.

rookprop 01-19-2017 12:29 PM

Sorry BLACK. I kinda posted over pretty much what you said. I just read it after my last post.
Good post by the way

blacksecretagent 01-19-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookprop (Post 825363)
Sorry BLACK. I kinda posted over pretty much what you said. I just read it after my last post.
Good post by the way

No worries rookprop...and thanks! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dan_ebay 01-19-2017 12:43 PM

good luck getting that back, they stole atleast £5k off me now

oompaloompa 01-19-2017 03:22 PM

as per my comments previously, eb cannot take the fees now...

your issue is that pp holds funds and do eb let them know about the fees and pp then look at you less favourably - no idea....

some people are reporting that paypal is not releasing after 180 anyway.

the only reason I would recommend paying fees is if the account is in genuine details or if you are worried that not paying the fees could jeopardize the much bigger pp payout.....might not make any difference one way or the other though....

you would need a high loadable vcc it seems.....

GreenBean 01-19-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookprop (Post 825362)
Paypal and Ebay are separate entities. If you do not give Ebay permission, Ebay is not legally allowed to AUTOMATICALLY withdraw funds from Paypal.

When Ebay suspends my account, I dont pay their fees after.

TIP OF ADVICE. NEVER GIVE EBAY PERMISSION TO TAKE FUNDS AUTOMATICALLY. ALWAYS MAKE ONE TIME PAYMENTS.

If the OP had already given the OK to PayPal to trawl for fees, it is still allowed.

Also, considering the forum was created to help others unfairly treated by both PayPal/ebay, you screaming your tits off you want to stiff them for fees is not liked around here.
So give us a break could you.

Friggin' preachin' all the time.

:doh:

eezo 01-20-2017 04:39 AM

OK I'm still not sure what to do then, I don't care about this eBay account any longer and the paypal is limited. My main concern is getting the 3.8k out that I have in paypal after the 180 day hold. If paying ebay via VCC will make a difference then I'll do it, if not then sod em as they have had enough out of me already and £400 is a lot to pay in fees.

blacksecretagent 01-20-2017 05:38 AM

eezo - regarding your main concern of getting your money back....correct me if I'm wrong but the fact that you have the 180 day hold on the funds means your account has been permanently limited and Paypal say they will contact you at the end of the period to let you know the funds are available for withdrawal? I'm quite sure that must be the situation and in that case, there is nothing further you can do to affect whether the hold gets lifted in a timely fashion once the 180 days are up, if indeed it ever gets released at all (I'm sorry to say). Payment of ebay fees will do nothing to affect the outcome of whether the money is released from Paypal; all paying the fees will do is bring the ebay account out of collections which is perfectly fine to do of course, but you've already said this is a stealth account that has no 'significant attachments' so if that definitely is the case then it's pretty obvious what to do (I'm deliberately refraining from giving pinpoint advice here!). As previously stated, ebay can no longer take outstanding fees from limited Paypal accounts regardless of whether or not there was previously the automatic payment agreement in place - that all changed when ebay and Paypal split back into separate entities again. You can't even go to your ebay account to pay the fees manually using the limited Paypal account, Paypal won't authorise the payment. I'm speaking from experience and can tell you that I paid the fees on one of my accounts that still has the Paypal account limited (not permanently limited atm) because it belongs to a family member (they know I'm using it). I used a fresh VCC. Also as mentioned, I'm sorry to say that there's absolutely no guarantee that Paypal will release the hold on the money at the end of the 180 days. They're supposed to but almost anyone on this forum will tell you that they make their own rules up as they go along. Some get their money back and others don't - it's the harsh reality. Be wary if you don't receive any contact at all once the 180 days has elapsed (allow perhaps another 14 days or so leeway). You can of course chase them up but that can present its own issues when dealing with stealth so proceed with caution.

rsot 01-20-2017 07:21 AM

Read post #5 by Ebayorbust for payment of the eb fees - works well.

eezo 01-20-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksecretagent (Post 825512)
eezo - regarding your main concern of getting your money back....correct me if I'm wrong but the fact that you have the 180 day hold on the funds means your account has been permanently limited and Paypal say they will contact you at the end of the period to let you know the funds are available for withdrawal? I'm quite sure that must be the situation and in that case, there is nothing further you can do to affect whether the hold gets lifted in a timely fashion once the 180 days are up, if indeed it ever gets released at all (I'm sorry to say). Payment of ebay fees will do nothing to affect the outcome of whether the money is released from Paypal; all paying the fees will do is bring the ebay account out of collections which is perfectly fine to do of course, but you've already said this is a stealth account that has no 'significant attachments' so if that definitely is the case then it's pretty obvious what to do (I'm deliberately refraining from giving pinpoint advice here!). As previously stated, ebay can no longer take outstanding fees from limited Paypal accounts regardless of whether or not there was previously the automatic payment agreement in place - that all changed when ebay and Paypal split back into separate entities again. You can't even go to your ebay account to pay the fees manually using the limited Paypal account, Paypal won't authorise the payment. I'm speaking from experience and can tell you that I paid the fees on one of my accounts that still has the Paypal account limited (not permanently limited atm) because it belongs to a family member (they know I'm using it). I used a fresh VCC. Also as mentioned, I'm sorry to say that there's absolutely no guarantee that Paypal will release the hold on the money at the end of the 180 days. They're supposed to but almost anyone on this forum will tell you that they make their own rules up as they go along. Some get their money back and others don't - it's the harsh reality. Be wary if you don't receive any contact at all once the 180 days has elapsed (allow perhaps another 14 days or so leeway). You can of course chase them up but that can present its own issues when dealing with stealth so proceed with caution.

OK thanks that clears a few things up for me. I know there is no guarantee I will ever see that money from PayPal but there is nothing more I can do at this point other than to wait and see.