eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Ebay does it again - Pushing it too far!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/10456-ebay-does-again-pushing-too-far.html)

Juicyas 04-17-2009 12:16 AM

Ebay does it again - Pushing it too far!!

"From 15th June sellers listing in selected categories in Video Games, Mobile & Home Phones, Consumer Electronics, Computing, Photography, and Clothes, Shoes & Accessories will be required to offer free P&P as their first domestic postage option."

So you sell a pair of jeans which costs 4 pounds to ship, now you have to move that to your starting price, so ebay makes another 10% of that on top of what they already get!!!

RIDICULOUS!!

gurusgrafx 04-17-2009 12:20 AM

That is absurd..

ovidiu 04-17-2009 12:32 AM

It's literally getting worse than Amazon. Required to offer free shipping. Oh wait, that's IF they haven't placed "limits" on your 10-year running account and prevented you from listing anything in those categories anyway!

I can see where this will go. Sellers will use slow-poke mail for free shipping choice, buyers will leave lots of negs because they wanted it overnight for free, and lots of innocent sellers will get their DSRs dinged big time.

Werfella 04-17-2009 12:35 AM

...this really doesn't surprise me. They REALLY are killing themselves slowly. Aren't these their most popular items? Yeesh- June 15 seems to be another major date in the 'slow death of eBay' time line...

ovidiu 04-17-2009 12:46 AM

Of course, they always introduce this garbage as some new feature. I got a "exciting new selling features" email or something like that, but didn't bother opening. Were they pushing this junk as a feature with those emails? Geez, you'll soon need a dozen eBay accounts just to make 50 grand a year on there.

gurusgrafx 04-17-2009 01:17 AM

^^^^ you mean you don't already??

ovidiu 04-17-2009 01:31 AM

I sell mostly on Amazon these days. 2008: approx 5500 a month in sales. No limitations, suspensions, request for invoices or SS#, nothing. The little trouble I've had with them was in the last two weeks, which got cleared up quite well. This year looks like might be 75% more sales.

eBay: 23,000 in sales in 2008, several vero's, probably 4 or 5 times taking the insulting vero tutorial at gunpoint, one 7 day suspension for vero, one paypal limitation because they thought someone else had broken into the account (insane, since I use their Paypal security key), on the second 30 day listing limitation for software categories. A lot of hassle, but what can you do. Mostly just buy on eBay these days since I can only list 8-10 items in software before I get the listing limit.

As a side note, I only have one Amazon seller account and one pre 11/7 eBay seller account. That is changing as I am buying another pre11/7 from kevin so I can list more. These new 30 day listing limits really take the prize.

gurusgrafx 04-17-2009 03:04 AM

yeah I have a friend that sells cologne he can only list one mark jacobs product per month. he has a couple cases of the stuff he cannot do anything with. kinda crazy the way these listing limits work.

crazed_ebayer 04-17-2009 07:55 AM

eBay is trying to turn itself into a online wholsale seller online business.
Individual sellers and small businesses can't compete .

Are there any good alternatives to ebay yet ?

Tazbar....?
Ebid........?
CQ Net.....?

I've tried them all , you simply can't sell on any other online auction site , no one knows about them , they have too few members.

When eBay become a wholsale seller only company then people will move to another site for small / individual sellers .

Untill then ebay will get worse and worse untill it squeezes out all the small sellers and try's to create a new marketplace in ONLINE WHOLSALE SELLING.
i.e BIG IMPORT / EXPORT COMPANY'S AND HIGH STREET RETAILERS SELLING TO CONSUMERS ONLINE.
NO INDIVIDUAL SELLERS / NO SMALL COMPANY'S.

Ebay suks , skrew them whilst you still can !!!!!!!!!!

the80skidcloset 04-17-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicyas (Post 83423)
"From 15th June sellers listing in selected categories in Video Games, Mobile & Home Phones, Consumer Electronics, Computing, Photography, and Clothes, Shoes & Accessories will be required to offer free P&P as their first domestic postage option."

So you sell a pair of jeans which costs 4 pounds to ship, now you have to move that to your starting price, so ebay makes another 10% of that on top of what they already get!!!

RIDICULOUS!!

Is this just for UK accounts, or for US accounts too??

ovidiu 04-17-2009 12:48 PM

I don't see anything about it here, but how much you wanna bet it'll show up once they're done "testing" it in the UK.

importracer150 04-17-2009 12:59 PM

Guys try ioffer, there traffic is picking up. I made 6k on there last month
Selling fashion clothes.

GreenBean 04-17-2009 06:25 PM

UK appears to be the naffin guinea pig :pout: Have not had a chance to check ebay uk forums yet. Was Australia's turn last year with prpopsed paypal changes, now UK for a 'test'. If it works, expect USA to follow.:pout:

vetus 04-18-2009 03:04 AM

Thats why ebay have recently introduced "free to list" because they are worried about the competition getting more traffic nowadays, ioffer & others are free to list.

look at this, its funny ~ iOffer: Parody Feepay

Here We Go Again 04-18-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicyas (Post 83423)

RIDICULOUS!!

Can you provide me a eBay based link to this quote you have posted?

Juicyas 04-18-2009 01:27 PM

ebay 04-18-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by importracer150 (Post 83496)
Guys try ioffer, there traffic is picking up. I made 6k on there last month
Selling fashion clothes.

thats not bad for ioffer

bigpoppa911 04-18-2009 05:14 PM

It won't be long before Ebay brings this to USA, they find more ways daily to screw the sellers.

mantisinc 04-19-2009 02:18 PM

Some nice heated discussion in the powerseller forums regarding this :)

Jonas 04-20-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 83433)
Of course, they always introduce this garbage as some new feature. I got a "exciting new selling features" email or something like that, but didn't bother opening. Were they pushing this junk as a feature with those emails? Geez, you'll soon need a dozen eBay accounts just to make 50 grand a year on there.

PayPal does the same thing when it tries to con people who use paypal only for buying into giving paypal their bank account.