Stealth account ruined before I've even started :( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Stealth account ruined before I've even started :(

Hi guys

I purchased a stealth account off here over a year ago. When I purchased it I logged in and created security questions and answers. I then left it dormant until I needed it on the understanding that aged accounts are better.

I recently logged in to list something and it asked me a security question. I didn't remember setting any and thought maybe the seller had so I left the listing and changed all my security questions and answers. Not wanting to raise any flags I left the account a week and tired to list again using a different sim card as my other sim card ran out of data.

This time they wanted to call or text me but the number on the account was the sellers number and I was never given access to this so I changed the number on the account and tried again

This time I got the following message:-

"Call us at 0800-358-6552 and mention security code ***********. This isn't the same confirmation code to confirm your account.
If you use an IP Relay service, you can use the same number."

Damn. I thought I'd better call them. So I called and confirmed my details. They said they couldn't verify me and asked me to use the same device I used before and try again they said if that didn't work create a new account?????

So I added data to the original sim card and tried again but it's come up with the same message.

I intend to wait a few days then try again. If it still doesn't work I guess I'm out of luck right?

As this is a brand new unlimited unsuspended account I guess I could simply create a new one with all the same details as the ebay agent has suggested?

What are your thoughts? I'm kicking myself for screwing this up so be nice. One tiny mistake is all it takes

My browser is set to all clear cookies and flash cookies on exit. Perhaps this is not the best approach in future either I just have this set in case I accidentally login to the wrong account or something.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Stealth account ruined before I've even started :(

Have you reached out to the account seller to see if he (or she) can provide any advise?

Quote:
As this is a brand new unlimited unsuspended account I guess I could simply create a new one with all the same details as the ebay agent has suggested?
I would advise against that. Also when you say unlimited do you mean no eBay limits? All eBay accounts do have limits these days
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

No I havn't asked good idea I will do that.

Why would you advise against a new account? By unlimited I mean there is no ban, or selling restriction there is just a "we can't verify it's really you" situation and ebay advised that if it's not resolved I should simply open another account.
Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Using the exact same details to make another account short term may well work but long term could end up in 2 limited accounts
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

I see. Well if I made another account the original one would be abandoned I wouldn't try to keep both running at the same time.

I don't think the account is limited in the normal sense as I'm still allowed to sell they just won't let me login from an unknown computer / IP address which is why I'm stuck.

If I can't resolve this that is my only option other than abandoning both the ebay and paypal account completely. I would also have to dispose of both the sim cards I brought for the account.

I'm hoping one dormant never used ebay account wont effect another account with the same details. I assume ebay has customers forget about their accounts all the time and create new accounts instead plus the ebay rules say you are allowed more than 1 as long as you don't try to circumvent the listing restrictions.

Last edited by fernendo; 02-26-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Silly question, but did you try another browser? I got this on an account that used firefox and I changed over to IE and was able to bypass all of that to update the information without the requests and all.
Old 02-26-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
My browser is set to all clear cookies and flash cookies on exit. Perhaps this is not the best approach in future either I just have this set in case I accidentally login to the wrong account or something.
Flash ideally you want off.

Cookies you want to always keep.
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Hi thanks for the replies no I didn't try another browser I was using firefox so will try internet explorer and Chrome. I will let it settle down a few days then try again.

Did your other browser have login cookies for that account? I think this is what may fix it for people but unfortunately for me I kill all cookies on exit.

Wish me luck I'm gonna need it. I was surprised that ebays answer was open a new account that's not a very professional approach. Our system has locked you out please start again
Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

I leave all cookies. Never delete them. Otherwise it makes ebay think you are using a new comp each time.

As for the rep, I would recommend starting fresh and not reusing the same info. Ebay is run by a group of chicken nuggets and their advice is worth that much.
Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernendo View Post
Hi thanks for the replies no I didn't try another browser I was using firefox so will try internet explorer and Chrome. I will let it settle down a few days then try again.

Did your other browser have login cookies for that account? I think this is what may fix it for people but unfortunately for me I kill all cookies on exit.

Wish me luck I'm gonna need it. I was surprised that ebays answer was open a new account that's not a very professional approach. Our system has locked you out please start again
Regarding the browser you may as well try a different one now, if it doesn't work then try again in a few days
Old 03-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Hi guys

I'm pleased to say this was resolved I waited a few days and tried a different browser and it worked fine just asked me a security question and sent a verification email to me. It may simply be a glitch with Firefox that causes this.

The only think I'm concerned about is when I called ebay for help with this they tried to verify my information and failed. I hope whatever they failed to do won't be used against me. I wonder if they tried to verify my information against public records or something.
Old 03-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I get this often on dormant accounts. Typically waiting a few days and logging in again is fine....