£10,000 PayPal Limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Question £10,000 PayPal Limit

One of my stealth eBay & PayPal accounts aged 16 months which I have been selling on and off on after building it up slowly for months just got limited, most likely due to a surge in sales recently.

I have got a MC011 from eBay and they want:

Quote:
- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.
- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.
- Documentation that shows that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay. Documentation that will help us verify your items can include either supplier invoices or receipts. Unfortunately, we're unable to accept photos of the items to fulfill this requirement.
I received this from PayPal a day after eBay MC011:

Quote:
As part of our commitment to providing the best possible experience for buyers and sellers, we perform routine reviews of merchant accounts.

We tried to call you on , but we couldn't reach you. To allow time to review this in more detail, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account until you submit the information you need to provide and take the actions listed.

Check that you've answered all questions and provided all information we ask for to restore your account as soon as possible.

Business Model Information:
- What is the reason for the recent increase in payments received?
- Give a projection of the volumes you expect to receive each month for the next 6 months (specify currency).

- Do you post from inventory or drop-ship?
- What percentage of items sold are drop-shipped?/What percentage of items sold are held in stock?
- Provide a copy of any invoices from your suppliers for the merchandise sold for a total of £10,000. An invoice is an original bill of sale referencing where you purchased or acquired the items you're selling along with the name and phone number of your supplier. *Note: We can't accept Pro Forma invoices as valid unless accompanied by proof of payment.
- How many orders are currently outstanding (haven't been sent yet)?
- Do you ship from inventory or is your supplier shipping items directly to your buyers?
- What percentage of your monthly income is based on drop-shipping?
- What is the profit margin (expressed in percentage) on sales based on drop shipping?

Once we receive the information, we aim to complete our review and respond to you within 72 hours.

We continue to value your custom and look forward to serving you now and in the future.
Not sure why they are asking the drop shipping questions as I only ship from inventory.

I don't have any issues supplying all the docs they requested, PayPal did ask for ID and proof of address a few months ago. My items are not VERO or phakes.

For the projection of volumes question could I get away with just saying I’m not sure due to this being my first business which I just started very recently and I plan to expand the products I have for sale after researching their prices and demand?

So what do you think are the chances of getting my accounts back? Looks like it was triggered due to sales passing £10,000 recently, especially since PayPal mention it in their limitation email. I've had other stealth accounts pass this amount and much higher without issue.

Last edited by Vejita; 03-02-2017 at 01:16 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2017
Banned

Longevity: 91%
Default Re: £10,000 PayPal Limit

It doesn't matter when they asked for ID previously they can ask 3 or 4 days after they have accepted the ID / utility bill as well.

Those questions you have shown above is a Merchant Identity Review, does happen for everyone it's just a matter of when you get it.

Make sure you supply everything , good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to vetus For This Useful Post:
CIW_ESHOP (03-08-2017)
Old 03-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Is it normal for eBay to end active listings while this merchant review is being done?

They ended my listings but they were not removed completely as they would be with a VERO takedown or phakes.

This was the message I got alongside the ID requests from eBay:

Quote:
A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

To help you be a successful seller and ensure a safe experience on eBay, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until additional information can be verified or obtained. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a preventative measure.

To learn more about eBay's User Agreement, go to:
http://#http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help...agreement.html

To appeal this restriction, please review the following guidelines:
-- Please submit the documents using the below document upload link:
http://#https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/o...ame=UKMerchApp

Last edited by Vejita; 03-02-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2017

Longevity: 47%

What items/categories are you selling in? Is it high risk by any chance?
Old 03-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Electronics under £100. Items are new.

Last edited by Vejita; 03-02-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
I have been selling on and off on after building it up slowly for months just got limited, most likely due to a surge in sales recently
This is the reason for both.

A MC011 on Ebay does not always result in a Paypal limitation - the two happening a day apart is coincidental but still both are due to the increase in sales of electronics.

A 16 month old account is not bulletproof especially if you had only been using it off and on prior to selling the current items.
Old 03-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejita View Post
I've had other stealth accounts pass this amount and much higher without issue.
Were you selling the same type of items with your other stealth accounts?

I think the explanation you're going to write to them is fine. You could give them a range of your expected monthly sales to be on the safe side. I would personally keep it below £3,000 per month though.
Old 03-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verb View Post
Were you selling the same type of items with your other stealth accounts?

I think the explanation you're going to write to them is fine. You could give them a range of your expected monthly sales to be on the safe side. I would personally keep it below £3,000 per month though.
Yeah, similar items are sold on some of the other accounts without issue but they haven't had any downtime or irregular sales like this account.
Old 03-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejita View Post
Yeah, similar items are sold on the other accounts without issue but they haven't had any downtime or irregular sales like this account.

What sort of monthly volume are you doing on them and how long have they been going for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017

Longer delivery times usually mean a seller is drop shipping and covering himself timewise. How fast did you list dispatch and delivery times on your listings?
Old 03-10-2017

Longevity: 75%

selling 20 iphones from china was not a smart idea
im sure a seller on here can provide for you at a cost
Old 03-11-2017
Threadstarter  

I'm not selling iPhones.

I submitted docs 6 days ago, says review in progress in PP but they said in the email that they would review within 24-72 hours so 3 days at most.

How long does it usually take PP to review the docs?
Old 03-13-2017
Threadstarter  

The restrictions were lifted. PP have applied a rolling reserve on my account which is going to be reviewed in a few months.

Back to selling on this account again.
Old 03-13-2017

What deal did you get in the end? 10% held for 180 days? That's what they like to start with usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Yeah, 10% reserve for 180 days then it will be reviewed. Reserves will be available to withdraw 60 days after payment was made.