Spike in Limitations & eBay Suspensions - Agree? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-25-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Spike in Limitations & eBay Suspensions - Agree?

Since a few months ago, but more or less the past month, the amount of limitations (some without the email notification) have been triggered.

Their stance appears to be calculated and stubborn, with little to no chance of appeal once limited for reasons related to fraudulent / high-risk activity.

I did have a PayPal account that was EU Verified and survived a limitation, all crafted myself, which a lot of people pay for, but decided to close it, for reasons related to past eBay sales. I now regret this choice, as the account probably would've lasted a long while since it was scrutinized like all new accounts, but actually survived the process all in one.

Do you believe this spike is a permanent fixture now and have you been limited more than usual?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-25-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Spike in Limitations & eBay Suspensions - Agree?

I've yet to experience one of these cases...

Quote:
reasons related to fraudulent / high-risk activity.
Is that true? Do you sell high risk items? What is your rate of charge back? Just PayPal or ebay as well, or both?

Something is clearly flagging up your accounts.
Old 05-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I've yet to experience one of these cases...

Is that true? Do you sell high risk items? What is your rate of charge back? Just PayPal or ebay as well, or both?

Something is clearly flagging up your accounts.
I've never had someone call their bank and file a chargeback, but I sell digital items but isn't authorized and therefore not permitted under the User Agreement of both sites.

I've now had to re-adapt my method and avoid linking anymore bank accounts for them only to become limited and stuck there, as has happened twice now.

I accept that in my line of sales, I should expect a dark future with both of them, but if I do, I'll need to avoid linking my bank account to them and routing the funds via PayPal to another service for withdrawal instead.

Last edited by JHerald; 05-25-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

hmm... I've sold digital items for years, my obstacle was mainly eBay. PayPal has never made a fuss about digital items, even if sold via eBay (unless they are outright illegal).

There are also easy ways to circumvent ebays policies, by physically sending something out (in addition to your digital item). That way you would still be adhering to their policy. This isn't 100% fool proof though as they can still hit you with strikes for making mention that this is a "digital item".
Old 05-25-2017

Longevity: 56%

Yes there is a recent increase in PayPal limitations, even on low risk selling accounts. Im not normally one who gets hit with limitations these days, but had a couple recently.

If you know your accounts are clean selling, then nothing is 'flagging' them up.

Possible some new PayPal Executive Office staff proving their 'worth', or some new detection methods/software/rules by PP. Could be anything really.
Old 05-25-2017

Longevity: 42%

Agree not as easy as it used to be and its becoming harder...
Old 05-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
hmm... I've sold digital items for years, my obstacle was mainly eBay. PayPal has never made a fuss about digital items, even if sold via eBay (unless they are outright illegal).

There are also easy ways to circumvent ebays policies, by physically sending something out (in addition to your digital item). That way you would still be adhering to their policy. This isn't 100% fool proof though as they can still hit you with strikes for making mention that this is a "digital item".
The digital item is in the form of an account. It is made at the time of the order, to the purchasers preferences, therefore not illegally obtained, but eBay and PayPal both clearly are not standing for it. The clue is in the listing title, as the word 'Account' is used, so one staff review by eBay or PayPal and they spot the violation fast. PayPal do not always notice, as I managed to lift a limitation a few weeks back after selling that particular digital item, but sometimes they do, and when they do, they'll hard limit you with no appeal.
Old 05-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Yes there is a recent increase in PayPal limitations, even on low risk selling accounts. Im not normally one who gets hit with limitations these days, but had a couple recently.

If you know your accounts are clean selling, then nothing is 'flagging' them up.

Possible some new PayPal Executive Office staff proving their 'worth', or some new detection methods/software/rules by PP. Could be anything really.
I am going to be rolling-out a new method to my practice in the coming weeks - one that eliminates the need to link a bank account and thereby reducing the hit if it becomes limited. The money is one thing, but having your financial data locked to a stealth account is another.

If this new spat keeps up, I won't be the only one experimenting with different practices to avoid being stung, especially when you're investing part of your real identity to the account via finance info.
Old 05-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

I'm also noticing a lot more suspensions/limitations

Today I had a PP limitation where they were asking for 19 pieces of information, that's gott a be a new record!
Old 05-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
I'm also noticing a lot more suspensions/limitations

Today I had a PP limitation where they were asking for 19 pieces of information, that's gott a be a new record!
Yes, that is an appalling amount to be requested of.

Their worst tactic was to start advising buyers to report a crime with Action Fraud during a dispute between two parties, but now these interruptions are becoming tedious.
Old 05-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I don't know why I click on these threads. I hate reading them, it will now keep me up at least for two nights.

No limitations yet, but FML its always scary to read that something is happening.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
wired (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017
Threadstarter  

On a side note;

The trick with linking a new account to an established account, even if it had a selling restriction, has now been semi-patched. For the past three tests, each account has immediately received an eBay limitation for "severe security concerns".
Old 05-31-2017

Longevity: 43%

I got asked for 5 items and then just called up paypal and they lifted it.
Old 05-31-2017

Longevity: 66%

Hi @magnia, when you called up what did you say?