Anyone had this recently? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-19-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Anyone had this recently?

So yeah new account and sold and item for £16 and got emailed this. It's a second hand PlayStation 4 game and it's the first sale on a new Stealth Account. PayPal won't release funds until 9th August but usually when you add tracking it changes to roughly 3 days on hold.

Here is the email I got from PayPal was just wondering if anyone's had anything similar.

I'm using a European Virtual Visa which has worked in the past flawlessly.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Anyone had this recently?

sorry your image is to small to view, can you perhaps tell us what it says?
or copy and paste the text?
Old 07-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Dear ###

You received a payment from ###. This payment is now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable. Providing no issues arise between you and the buyer, the funds will be released in the evening of 9 Aug 2017.

Here are the details:
Buyer name: XXX
Payment date: 19 July 2017
Payment amount: £XXX GBP
Your transaction ID: XXX
Want your money sooner? Here's what you can do to speed things up:

If you used Royal Mail, provide a valid tracking number. Your money will then be available within 3 days of the tracking status showing as delivered by the courier.
If you don't have a tracking number, mark your item as shipped on the Transaction Details page. Your money will be available 7 days after you mark as shipped (14 days if you're shipping to an international location)
If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-book, piano lessons, etc.), mark the transaction as processed and provide details. Your money will be available 7 days after you mark as processed (14 days if your buyer is based internationally).
If you use Royal Mail, you can send your items faster by printing labels with PayPal, and we will upload the tracking information for you. Your money will then be available within 3 days of the tracking status showing as delivered by the carrier. Try PayPal shipping-https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
Yours sincerely,
PayPal
Old 07-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Also this was in my Spam inbox: Dear XXX,

As a security precaution, payments you receive from now on will be placed in your pending balance for up to 21 days.

Your pending balance helps ensure there is money in your account in case problems arise with any of your transactions. The money still belongs to you, it's just temporarily unavailable to use.

Once you've met the requirements below, your future payments will usually be available to you within 24 hours:

Complete 10 transaction(s) without any issue (no buyer disputes, claims or returns)
Maintain your PayPal account in good standing for at least 60 day(s)
Access your money sooner

Your pending payments will become available sooner if you deliver your item or service quickly and update the order status in your PayPal account. Here's how it works:

If you sold an item: After you post the item, mark it as 'sent' in your PayPal account and provide the tracking number if available. Your funds should be available 7 days after the postage date (or 14 days if you're posting to outside the UK)
If you provided a service or sold an intangible item that doesn't require postage (e-book, piano lessons, etc.): Mark the order as 'processed' in your PayPal account. Your funds should be available after 7 days (or 14 days if your buyer is based outside the UK)
Yours sincerely,
PayPal
Old 07-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Direct sale through paypal will do this.

EDIT: because I did not realize it was outside of ebay transaction.

Last edited by yankee; 07-19-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Direct sale through paypal will do this.

EDIT: because I did not realize it was outside of ebay transaction.
This was via eBay though.
Old 07-19-2017
Threadstarter  

I can't see any holds being placed by eBay, but my sales where through eBay and paid via PayPal. On ebay it just says "dispatch by 20/07/17" but paypal each payment says "ON HOLD" at the side.

Old 07-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 73%

This is very common on new UK eBay & PayPal accounts. If you check the resolution centre, you should see a notice which shows how many days since your first sale, and how many sales you have made. When you have done 10 sales and 60 days have passed without issues, you will get an email saying you are an established seller, and most payments will be instant.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jigsaw For This Useful Post:
yankee (07-19-2017)
Old 07-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

Sometimes you can get holds for the first three payments, then afterwards they can come through as instant payments.

Best Paypals always those that are aged and have some money movement
Old 07-20-2017
fuzzylogik

Longevity: 0%

I have had this and it seems like the tracking & payment isn't linking to eBay properly and PayPal treat it as a direct payment.

Very annoying.
Old 07-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Its the 21 day payment holds. Add tracking and the release date will be sooner than 21 days.

Although The dayes dont always update when you dk this, but the payment still does end up being released sooner. Roughly 3-7 days.
Old 07-21-2017

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogik View Post
I have had this and it seems like the tracking & payment isn't linking to eBay properly and PayPal treat it as a direct payment.

Very annoying.
If you enter tracking into paypal it automatically appears in ebay too. If entered into ebay you have to manually enter in paypal as well. When I first started using one of my stealth accounts about 10 months ago, all payments were initally held for 21 days then gradually it went to alternate payments being held 21 days until time expired in resolution center and all holds were off. During this time it often used to state in ebay that funds were available but some were still being held 21 days by paypal. Mine were high (£150 ish) value items so I suppose this was to be expected though. I should add ALL items I sold were via RM fully tracked delivery but it still never reduced the 21 day delay in receiving funds.