Paypal is a Racket. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-30-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Paypal is a Racket.

Hi all, About 4 months ago I sold an item on EBAY. The item i sold was about $6000. The seller paid and was happy with the item, and everything was great.
About a few days later Paypal decided that they wanted a piece of my action, so they stopped me from transferring the full amount to my bank account, and took 50% of my $6000. They call it "a reserve" Another word for Theft. They claim it's for insurance reasons, in case of a chargeback. So now they can hold it indefinitely..
They use terms in their policy to legitimize their corruptive actions.
No one reads these terms and conditions to really understand what you'er getting yourself into. Paypal takes advantage of people by NOT being regulated, like a real bank, but they get all the perks of a real bank, and with an extra bonus in stealing moneys that doesn't belong to them.

If any is going through a similar issue, let me know #lawsuit.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Paypal is a Racket.

That is pretty standard on such high value issues

Usually they will release it in a month or so time
Old 08-31-2017

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperjon1 View Post
Hi all, About 4 months ago I sold an item on EBAY. The item i sold was about $6000. The seller paid and was happy with the item, and everything was great.
About a few days later Paypal decided that they wanted a piece of my action, so they stopped me from transferring the full amount to my bank account, and took 50% of my $6000. They call it "a reserve" Another word for Theft. They claim it's for insurance reasons, in case of a chargeback. So now they can hold it indefinitely..
They use terms in their policy to legitimize their corruptive actions.
No one reads these terms and conditions to really understand what you'er getting yourself into. Paypal takes advantage of people by NOT being regulated, like a real bank, but they get all the perks of a real bank, and with an extra bonus in stealing moneys that doesn't belong to them.

If any is going through a similar issue, let me know #lawsuit.
Personally I would never accept Paypal for that amount of money because its just too risky. Aside from paypal deciding to retain 50% for an unspecified period, the buyer could also raise a complaint anytime within 180 days and get their money back for whatever reason they choose. Always bank transfer or cash for that amount of money unless you enjoy 180 days of sleepless nights!
The Following User Says Thank You to James Brown For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
Personally I would never accept Paypal for that amount of money because its just too risky. Aside from paypal deciding to retain 50% for an unspecified period, the buyer could also raise a complaint anytime within 180 days and get their money back for whatever reason they choose. Always bank transfer or cash for that amount of money unless you enjoy 180 days of sleepless nights!
I totally agree!
Old 08-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

If you think this is bad, never sell on amazon or open a retail store and accept credit cards.

Paypal is great in comparison.

You should not accept paypal for a sale like that. A car dealer certainly would not take a credit card and not expect 90 day or 180 day reserves. Hotels dont get their money for 180 days typically.