Isnt this wierd!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Isnt this wierd!!!

I have had my Paypal account limited for ages with them asking for passports, invoices, tracking numbers and proof of address etc.

Well originally i messed up the phone verification and you only get one go at that so they said that they will sent a letter to me with a code to enter in.

Three weeks later i get this letter and enter it in but still my limitation is not lifted so i sent them an email.

They responded basically saying that i am linked to another account/s (which i am) and they need a load more info and the other account/s sorted before they lift the limitation on this one.

Well all of a sudden this morning I have received an email saying my account is fully restored and whats more they have lifted all limits like the £1700 yearly limit and everything. I could not be more "verfied"!!!!!!

Do you think it is an error !!! Or a trick to get me putting loads of money in there and they limit me again ???!!!

I really cant understand it I thought it was never going to be sorted and I even opened another account the "stealth" way.

I just thought id post what has happened and would appreciate any thoughts,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum. Right now at the moment this sounds great and I do hope that this is the case for you. However paypal has been known to unlimit an account quite out of the blue, then when money starts to go thro' it again, a further limitation happens.
Provided there is no link with the stealth paypal, I would be inclined to let this restored one 'rest' & use the stealth. Is it attached to a new stealth ebay account?
Old 05-23-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I agree with Greenbean, either it's an error on PayPal's end or something mischievous is going on. Eventually once money starts going back into your account, you'll most likely become limited again. Leave it alone for awhile and work with your other account.

Last edited by aspkin; 05-23-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 87%

Ok, thanks for the help, it is linked with one of my ebay accounts.

My typical transaction is for around £800 so do you think it is worth taking a payment and see what happens? If they limit me again ill just refund it and leave it indefinately,

When you say leave it for a while do you think this will make a difference?
I was just thinking surely its a computer processing thousands of accounts and not a human so if im gonna get limited it could happen say tomorrow or in a years time?

Thanks again

Jack