eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   PayPal confirmation - will they write? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/11066-paypal-confirmation-will-they-write.html)

pward33 05-23-2009 09:16 AM

PayPal confirmation - will they write?

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a stealth account. PayPal asked me to “confirm my account information” and, for reasons I can’t work out, I got a message saying some details don’t match. In my “Get Verified and Lift Sending and Withdrawal Limits” box, it now says “We were unable to confirm the information you provided” and gives an option of “confirming by phone or post”.

Confirming by phone will be fine as the pub opposite the internet café will be OK for me to use their number, which I just used successfully for the eBay account. My question is this though – will confirming by phone be enough or will they still want to write to me? I do NOT have an accessible address on this account. Alternatively, if they are going to write, can I change the address on the PP account to an accessible one, or will they insist on writing to the address I originally gave?

This is important as I have not attached a bank account to this PP account yet. Given that you need a current account for every new PP account I don’t want to waste the only “clean” current account on a PP account that might go wrong!

Thanks in advance, yet again, for any help!!

oompaloompa 05-23-2009 11:22 AM

if they phone confirmation is successful they wont write, I suggest your address is accessible just in case, otherwise you know what will happen...
you can try and change the address or call them and plead if it doesnt work but it looks suspicious obviously.. you could try ive had to suddenly move story but its not a good idea.

pward33 05-23-2009 12:40 PM

Thanks Oomp ... will leave adding a bank account to it for now I think, try phone verification, which should work, but if that fails scrap this attempted account altogether. I can't believe how much hassle it is just trying to get an account together ...