eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Ebay and Paypal how to verify Phone number in UK (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/11068-ebay-paypal-how-verify-phone-number-uk.html)

richooooo 05-23-2009 06:40 PM

Ebay and Paypal how to verify Phone number in UK

My first post on this wonderful forum just thought i would start it off trying to help people. This is what i do when you need to add a phone number to a ebay or paypal account.

Go to Tesco Internet Phone - Tesco Telecoms

Register pick you area

you then get to choose a phone number with a area code

for me its 01642 because thats my area code

works perfect every time to verify paypal and ebay you just install the tesco internet phone application totally free :>

Hope i helped some one if not its ok:)

delboy 05-24-2009 02:21 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your interesting post. I have a few questions and would be very grateful if you could try and help me :

1. Are the telephone numbers from Tesco absolutely free? If so I assume you can only have one number (although I suppose you could register in another name to get another one).

2. Does the Tesco system allow you to divert calls to a landline / mobile phone or do you need to buy a internet phone from Tesco?

Thanks for your post once again...

oompaloompa 05-24-2009 03:46 AM

Ive had a quick look at site, it says you need to get a tesco internet phone in store.

I think you get a number free but you have to sign up to a call plan, can the OP clarify these points?

There are alot of providers out there. If you dont want the hassle of voip downloading software etc and you dont intend to need alot of numbers, there are also, more expensive but easier to use virtual numbers that you just hook to your landline, eg tamartelecommunications.

Another voip is yahoo, I used it a while back for my ebayfrance account, I think theyve got limited uk numbers too like london/liverpool etc.

richooooo 05-25-2009 06:46 AM

HI there no you dont need the tesco internet phone you can use a mic jus change it in the program settings works wonders for me you can also have as many numbers as you like just be re registering what takes 1min

vetus 05-25-2009 10:14 AM

Just downloaded the on screen phone, looks good bit like skype, but when trying to register it asks to select which hardware device i use, what do you put there then?

vetus 05-25-2009 11:16 PM

Cool np sorted it!

ilyas 07-22-2009 06:05 AM

does this stil work? any1 used lately as ive tried it an ebay have called but it dosent seem to respond when i press the digi they have asked for

crazed_ebayer 07-22-2009 03:48 PM

Sounds good for ebay verification .

As far as i know no VOIP application works for Paypal verification .

Only a proper land line telephone number works for Paypal .

If you try to verify your paypal account with a VIOP application and it fails your SCREWED !> BIG TIME .
Then paypal send a letter out to your stealth address which will never arrive because it is a fal.se address.

You people just go round in circles asking the same questions and not coming up with any answers .

I supplied the answer to the phone verification problem for UK ebay months ago .

I came up with the best idea of getting a call sign , then getting new numbers from your provider.

And guess what , it works a treat .

I have four stealth ebay accounts linked to two seperate 2 paypal accounts (2 ebay accounts linked to 1 paypal account ) .

All accounts have been fully verified with fals.e documents faxed to ebay/paypal .

I can access all accounts at once on different laptops and wirless dongles meaning i have different ip's .

Once i have verified a paypal account by phone i ring my telehone provider and get them to change by landline , so that i have a new number ready for the next time.

It's all about preperation .

I don't bother with entropay for my paypal bank setup , entropay allows you to pay your ebay bills but you can't withdraw to engtropay - so what's the point ?
I simply ring up my bank and open a new cash card account , a few days later i have recieved my new visa bank account card in the post and i'm ready to go.

I'd love to stay and chat , but theres money to be made on ebay .

vetus 07-23-2009 12:56 AM

I have tested loads of voip numbers out this year, tesco, voipfone & soho66, none of them work for paypal verification, i think it must be because i am not in the UK if you lot at home get them to work ok. Anyway i'm back in UK next week so i will test them again & let ya know.

ilyas 07-23-2009 04:03 AM

yeh but guys this dosent seem to be working for Ebay :-S i recieve the call but it dosent recognise when i press the digit it asks for

Penya 07-23-2009 01:51 PM

Sorry crazed_ebayer but whom are banking with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazed_ebayer (Post 95875)
Sounds good for ebay verification .

If you try to verify your paypal account with a VIOP application and it fails your SCREWED !> BIG TIME .
Then paypal send a letter out to your stealth address which will never arrive because it is a fal.se address.

You people just go round in circles asking the same questions and not coming up with any answers .

I supplied the answer to the phone verification problem for UK ebay months ago .

I came up with the best idea of getting a call sign , then getting new numbers from your provider.

I have four stealth ebay accounts linked to two seperate 2 paypal accounts (2 ebay accounts linked to 1 paypal account ) .

All accounts have been fully verified with fals.e documents faxed to ebay/paypal .

I can access all accounts at once on different laptops and wirless dongles meaning i have different ip's .

Once i have verified a paypal account by phone i ring my telehone provider and get them to change by landline , so that i have a new number ready for the next time.

I don't bother with entropay for my paypal bank setup , entropay allows you to pay your ebay bills but you can't withdraw to engtropay - so what's the point ?
I simply ring up my bank and open a new cash card account , a few days later i have recieved my new visa bank account card in the post and i'm ready to go.

I'd love to stay and chat , but theres money to be made on ebay .

crazed_ebayer 07-23-2009 10:33 PM

I bank with Barclays but as farv as i understand all the najor Highstreet banks will let you open multiple current accounts .
I just tell them i need to split my money into different accounts , e.g for bills , rent , disposable income etc

rated1984 07-24-2009 07:47 AM

Hello Crazed Ebayer

I was reading your very useful post...

"Sounds good for ebay verification .

I'd love to stay and chat , but theres money to be made on ebay ."

Could you possibly clarify how you go abouts verifying your ebay and paypal accounts ie. with a false address and your phone method. It sounds like you have a very successful method without using the risky VOIP methods. I'd be so grateful for your help. Perhaps you could PM me

Many Thanks

angelamc 08-09-2009 12:15 PM

I just wanted to let people know I sucessfully verified an account using a number supplied by Tesco internet phone. I had no problem pressing the required digit on the virtual phone and ebay gave me the verification code.

oompaloompa 08-09-2009 01:39 PM

the post 8 regarding entropay is misleading, with a stealth account, ie different address from your bank account, you will need a vcc like entropay, simply asking your bank for a new visa isnt going to be of any use when inputting it in to paypal or ebay as the address wont match the account.

Using callsign- callsign apparently according to another forumer - rated1984 does supply you with a landline number geographically located to your house area, so needless to say your stealth address would have to be located on your road or be a variation of your own actual address (probably banned address, changing the last digit of postcode is often helpful)

voip can and has worked for some forumers for paypal, as long as the match up with the address is there , so choose carefully, 8 digits minimum more if poss...

Congrats, Tesco supplied you with a number that was sufficiently close to address according to pp databases to pass verification ..always a tricky hurdle

crazed_ebayer 08-09-2009 04:12 PM

Bob is your uncle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!1

Yaz 02-14-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilyas (Post 95837)
does this stil work? any1 used lately as ive tried it an ebay have called but it dosent seem to respond when i press the digi they have asked for

I am having same problem. Did you manage to sort out please let me know? thanks

richooooo 02-15-2010 07:30 AM

the way around it is to download tesco internet phone old version works straight away its on there website says its for win98

ddda88 02-16-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richooooo (Post 124493)
the way around it is to download tesco internet phone old version works straight away its on there website says its for win98

Richoooooo, I have w i n X p installed on my pc. Would the tesco software for win98 work on my OS? Thanks :confused:

ddda88 02-16-2010 05:11 PM

I've just tried to register this Tesco phone (win98 on win xp) and it comes up with the following message:

'Sorry, Tesco internet phone was unable to register your account at this time. Please try again later.'

:confused:

Yaz 02-19-2010 06:25 PM

Worked for me yipppeeeeee!!!! ;)

Yaz 02-26-2010 01:18 PM

worked on ebay but didnt work on paypal - so they are sending me letter instead? anyone experienced that?