eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   shipping prices and options within uk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/111517-shipping-prices-options-within-uk.html)

mista_khan 10-19-2017 02:54 PM

shipping prices and options within uk

Hi

Ive been on ebay using stealth accounts for a while now but i want to get into another market, probably make pennies on each sale but i have alot of time on my hands so why not lol. Ive been comparing my prices and profit margins, i can compete with the big sellers, but the only problem is they seem to be offering free shipping with all their listings, so im wondering i normally use royalmail to send goods but are there any other companies or courier services within uk that are cheaper then royalmail?

also are there any comparison sites in the uk to compare cost's?

thanks

oompaloompa 10-19-2017 03:11 PM

Re: shipping prices and options within uk

depends on sizing of package, but I think RM are the best and most convenient for anything in the small packet catagory.

If you are making pennies and your competitor offers free shiping and you cannot, seems like you should keep looking for better margins, having time on your hands means you can do more supplier research too

Play 10-20-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 878793)
depends on sizing of package, but I think RM are the best and most convenient for anything in the small packet catagory.

If you are making pennies and your competitor offers free shiping and you cannot, seems like you should keep looking for better margins, having time on your hands means you can do more supplier research too

hmmm... I find MyHermes cheaper than Royal Mail with small packets + comes with tracking.

Though nowhere near as reliable. I only adopt them for items where I'm tight on margins, otherwise for small packets i'd pay the premium and opt for RM.

P.S. I know, I know, MyHermes are exceptionally poor with parcels/service. But if these parcels are not so expensive, you can just refund any bad experiences customers report.

e2free 10-20-2017 12:14 PM

I found royalmail is cheap and best compare to any other company royalmail track 48 service is unbeatable