Should I move onto a new account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-07-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Should I call Paypal?

Have a few considerations in my mind. Hope someone with more experience can help me. This is what happened.

Purchased a 1000/£10,000 ebay UK account almost a year ago. Followed the 90 days Stealth advice and started selling. Everything went smoothly for the months that followed. A few months after the 90 days, ebay allowed me to list 50 items for free on eBay.com so I did and it increased my profits.

Around a month ago, I had the first refund (in USD) on eBay.com that I needed to make and i did that. Did not realize that I did not create a USD account on Paypal so the refund did not go through. My Paypal UK account is only in Pounds. Paypal then tried to deduct the amount from my bank account but bank account is of course in a different name and got rejected. Because of that, the bank account got unlinked. I tried to link it back but Paypal is now asking me to call them but I do not sound British so I'll choose this a last resort.

At this point, I need to add that I'm not based in UK. I'm based in Singapore. The reason why I chose a eBay UK account over eBay.com is because I used to work in UK, still had a few bank accounts there and Paypal UK can be linked to any bank account regardless of the name. I would rather the eBay account be based in Singapore if possible.

I've also been advised to cycle my eBay accounts so I've been preparing another 2 accounts to transfer my products over. Just been waiting for the first 90 days to pass for these 2 accounts and everything is going smoothly for those 2 accounts. The 90 days will end in a week. Everything will be transferred over within the next 2 weeks.

So these are the considerations in my mind. Hope someone can help me.

1) Should I still bother about the Paypal call since I'm going to stop selling on this account within the next 2 weeks? Can I just wait it out and link the bank account a few months later? Is there any way to NOT call them and link the bank account eventually a few months later?

2) What is the ideal time frame to cycle accounts? Not more than a year?

3) Is there any method or program to operate so many stealth accounts safely?

3) And being based in Singapore, is it better to sell via an ebay UK or eBay.com account?

Thank you very much. As help will be much appreciated!

Last edited by singseeds; 12-07-2017 at 11:07 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Should I move onto a new account?

1. Responded to your other thread.

2. I'd recommend you spread sales over multiple accounts, than cycle through them (if by cycle you mean stop using one, move onto another etc.)

3. Personal preference really. Depends where you get more sales.

P.S. VMware is good for using multiple accounts, and keeping them isolated. Though if you're not tech savvy, just stick to user accounts.
Old 03-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 42%
Default Re: Should I move onto a new account?

Thank you for your help. Reply is very late but just want to update to this post.

Had taken your advice for the following 2 issues:

Resolved issue 1 with a phone call the following night after your post.

For issue 2, I've got 2 more accounts up and ready to sell and had been spreading my sales over to these 2 new accounts over the last 1 month.