postal insurance claims - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default postal insurance claims

does anyone have insider knowledge on the deal with making claims for insured parcels that go missing.

issues are you need to give post office real address or better still box, but importantly real name, so you can get your cheque refund. Royal mail special and recorded delivery asks for item number and user id, Ive stopped claiming, which is a shame, as Im insured, and i lose money, just worried if info is collated. I know they shouldnt pass it to ebay, but there may be issues re vero products etc and other authorities

if you got a customs seizure, they could tally up the fact you are selling on ebay and what you are selling once they have user id. Parcelforce (part of royal mail, would have this info)

asking buyer to reply to post offices enquiries and not mention ebay, is asking them to lie and looks suspicious, so never done that, as didnt know how to phrase it, but would be ideal solution..

Anyone know, how their system works

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-19-2009 at 02:06 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default Royal Mail Claims

ok i will try and make this simple

If you post anything First/second class stamps or
standard First/second class..all you will get back is
6 first class stamps from the royal mail

if you post first/second class recorded the max you
can claim is 39 pounds but you got your tracking number
for paypal

I normall send anything over about 100 pounds
by special signed next day delivery

and if sending abroad royal mail.....

1st Option = To send "Airmail Small Packets" = £39 compensation
(No Tracking Number Avaliable)
2nd Option = To send "International Signed For" = £value of your item
(Tracking Number will be supplied

i hope this helps
Old 06-20-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You will try and make it simple?

thats not what I asked, I know what it costs, thanks

I was talking about the deal with multiple accounts, vero and your real name etc..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-20-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-21-2009

Not that I know much how it works inside of RM or PF but when I had to claim with RM on my dads or girlfriend ebay accounts I'd still give RM my name and address then when completing claims form I ticked "Lost" and not "eBay claim" and for the proof I printed "Transaction Details" from PayPal where you have addressee details and yours only email. Then as much as I know RM sends letter to your costumer to confirm that they didn't recieve item. Always worked for me. I understand if you are sending something abroad and if it's Vero and lost then yes it's a little worrying but as much as you would send it after sold on eBay with your real name.
It's not probably the answer you are looking for but just a little bit from my experience.
P.S Sorry for my grammar I know I have problems with times
Old 06-22-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ok, so you tick lost and give consumers details, then give transaction details from paypal - that doesnt mean its ebay, just paid by paypal - good plan. If is vero goods just say leather bag and give amount via paypal. Only thing is with multi accounts they will collate that you have many paypals..
Old 06-22-2009

It's quite hard to believe that RM would gather such information as your name and wich email/paypal you used and then compare if they are different, unless of course they work together with paypal. They probably have hundreds of claims every day so I really doubt they do that. Do you think RM contacts paypal to confirm if that transaction ever happened? I think they more interested in consumers confirmation of non-recieved goods. I once claimed and got usual "We've got your form and are looking in to that" letter and then nothing for around 2 months, when I rang RM lady on the phone said they still waiting for reply/confirmation from consumer and then few days later I got the cheque..
Old 06-23-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

no I dont think they work with paypal, or are allowed to anyway - postal seizures for vero though, they will tally up with the fact that you sell at the claim address. I think its a low possibility, but looking for ways round it ...
Old 06-23-2009

I work for Royal Mail and can confirm we don't keep details to pass to eBay/PayPal.

We deal with each claim on an individual basis based on the information provided to us.
Old 06-23-2009

The best way probably is to give some accessible address (not your home) and real name so the cheque can be cashed but then as you said it's a very low possibility. If it's one leather bag I can't see why it can be seizured, I'm sure there are tens of boxes with them bags coming from China everyday in UK and I don't think customs seizing them often