eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paying eBay fees with limited paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/116596-paying-ebay-fees-limited-paypal.html)

Urinbits 04-09-2018 02:08 AM

Paying eBay fees with limited paypal

So the Paypal linked to my eBay for paying fees has been permanently limited. There's about 3k in there but have to wait the 180 days to get it. It was linked to an eBay account. Both of these in full stealth mode.

When the paypal became limited I just changed the paypal receiving email address in the listings I had up to one of my real detail fully verified paypals. In 2 weeks I'll owe eBay about 600 quid in fees. My question is, seeing as the paypal is limited I assume eBay won't be able to use that balance? And if that is the case will they then try the alternative paypal I linked to the listings I have or can they not do that seeing as I never agreed to pay fees using that account?!

sax4 04-09-2018 02:16 AM

Re: Paying eBay fees with limited paypal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urinbits (Post 913065)
So the Paypal linked to my eBay for paying fees has been permanently limited. There's about 3k in there but have to wait the 180 days to get it. It was linked to an eBay account. Both of these in full stealth mode.

When the paypal became limited I just changed the paypal receiving email address in the listings I had up to one of my real detail fully verified paypals. In 2 weeks I'll owe eBay about 600 quid in fees. My question is, seeing as the paypal is limited I assume eBay won't be able to use that balance? And if that is the case will they then try the alternative paypal I linked to the listings I have or can they not do that seeing as I never agreed to pay fees using that account?!

Hehe no you can't use a limited pp for fees

Urinbits 04-09-2018 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 913067)
Hehe no you can't use a limited pp for fees

That's fine.

So will they try and take fees from the paypal I've used to receive payments for items? I know I should pay the fees but it's tempting not to if I can get away with it!

sax4 04-09-2018 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urinbits (Post 913068)
That's fine.

So will they try and take fees from the ebay I've used to receive payments for items? I know I should pay the fees but it's tempting not to if I can get away with it!

They will try and take the fees from the payment method you gave on Ebay, they won't take anything from the new PayPal you are using, it's not linked to Ebay

Urinbits 04-09-2018 05:08 AM

Thanks. But if I left it without paying fees and let the account get suspended etc would they be able to see that I set listings to go to another paypal and then get the details of this paypal and send letters to the address of that paypal? Or could I just say that this paypal is a friends paypal that I owed money to if questioned?

Just curious as to how far they will go basically. I'm 50/50 whether I will try it or pay the fees and keep the account tbh.

GreenBean 04-09-2018 05:28 AM

You will not know until you really annoy them.

The less you do, the better it is.

Never underestimate a p*ssed-off paypal staffer. They look for everything. Then they FIND everything.

Ball is in your court.

:comp5:

rsot 04-09-2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urinbits (Post 913092)

Just curious as to how far they will go basically. I'm 50/50 whether I will try it or pay the fees and keep the account tbh.

You have gone far enough - stop trying to operate underhandedly.