Kaspersky Secure Connection (another question) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-23-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Kaspersky Secure Connection (another question)

Kaspersky sell a VPN: Secure Connection.
Someone asked about this and the advice was: run as fast as you can away!

So, I get why you would say this.

But... how about a different take on it...
MANY MANY people will be using.
Despite being banned by USA government, people trust Kaspersky.

Many many people will now have the same IP addresses. This will cause havoc in ebay and their stoopid systems will go into meltdown for their 'advanced' detection methods.

Let's say you use XYZ VPN services. It's well known that people use to simply cloak their IP's and it's a notorious place where ebay criminals hang out and ebay have every single IP address used recorded.

Kaspersky is different. It's not a VPN company as such.

Me: I'm not going to risk any accounts and try out.
But would be interested to hear what others say.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Kaspersky Secure Connection (another question)

Even if everything you said was correct, you're using a shared IP.

That IP is used by a "small" pool of people, of which a large number of people have probably used it to abuse online services such as eBay.

It's not even dedicated, so who knows who's used the next IP you're assigned.

Bottom line is, until there is a mass adoption of Kaspersky's VPN service, you can rule this one out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
starengine (05-24-2018), SWORDFISH497 (05-27-2018)
Old 01-05-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
I believe that the growing trend in internet security providers incorporating VPN's coupled with the growing uptake of VPNs by the general public means that sites like ebay, Paypal, Amazon, etc must accept the development in hiding your IP as an everyday matter.
Not really. That growing trend hasn't grown enough. Only about 5% of users in the UK even use a VPN. That's just not a large enough.

Quote:
I believe that if they were banning users based upon VPN's sharing pool IP's the internet would be awash with confused/banned users. As it isn’t, I'm confident that VPNs such as Kaspersky, Nord, TunnelBear etc are perfectly acceptable to both ends.
Try signup to Amazon with an abused IP, see if your theory works out.

Quote:
As I've mentioned on another thread, I've been using nothing but Tor as my security for several years on half a dozen accounts. No issues to date, so anything more acceptably mainstream must surely work if their not even panicked by Tor.
If those accounts have been well nurtured, shouldn't be an issue. But if you're starting from scratch on Tor, I doubt you'll get far.
Old 01-05-2019

Longevity: 58%

I doubt he'll even able to signup using tor.
Old 01-07-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%

@tinsoldier Ahaaa... someone else with the same thinking as me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
... I'm confident that VPNs such as Kaspersky, Nord, TunnelBear etc are perfectly acceptable to both ends...
So this is where I disagree. LOL.
Nord is JUST a VPN service (I think?)(as I assume the other 2 mentioned are as well?)... You can imagine someone paying £50 for a years subscription and then reading up the benefits of using a VPN when subscribed to Kaspersky - to fully protect against the evils of the internet (helped massively by the likes of Facebook)... so Kaspersky is OK... as is Mcafee and as would others who's ONLY business is NOT giving VPN services. So... there is less suspicion for these.

Regardless, the same logic applies... more and more people will be happy to pay for a VPN service with a dedicated provider.

I would say start off safe, go slow and then introduce and use always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
As I've mentioned on another thread, I've been using nothing but Tor as my security for several years on half a dozen accounts. No issues to date, so anything more acceptably mainstream must surely work if their not even panicked by Tor.
That's so interesting.
Once upon a time, time before ebay turned me into a member of the wanted A Team...
I used to call ebay and let them know that I would be accessing from another country - like when on holiday. Everything was OK and no problems. I don't know if they added another flag or anything to say this guy is OK.

I will give Tor a go. Thanks.

Last edited by starengine; 01-07-2019 at 07:08 PM.