UK Paypal EU limits after submitting ID Bank Etc - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-26-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default UK Paypal EU limits after submitting ID Bank Etc

Hi,

Opened a stealth account under my partners name, however her address is on the limited list due to me using her brothers ebay which got linked early doors.

i have a stealth account, under her real name, real bank card, real phone number etc, however not her real address which her bank card is under.

I passed the initial Paypal limit in the early months by submitting passport, proof off address (PhotoS) etc and everything was happy days. I am now near the EU limit and paypal dropped me an email me asking to confirm everything prior to hitting the limit to 'prevent restrictions' at the time i hit the limit. I basically just had to click okay to confirm my address and that was it, paypal would get back to me within a few days. However 5 weeks later i've heard nothing so im presuming they will wait till i actually hit the limit.

When i actually hit the EU limit, what checks will paypal actually do as they already have my ID, proof of address etc? Can they check the actual bank its self and see its registered to a different address as thats the only thing on the account which will not match?

This is my long term account, i'd rather hold out until we get a house so the address will match. I cannot risk limitation so please only speak from experience of genuine knowledge.

Thank you!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: UK Paypal EU limits after submitting ID Bank Etc

Quote:
however her address is on the limited list due
That won't be an issue. Addresses dont get blacklisted.

Quote:
However 5 weeks later i've heard nothing so im presuming they will wait till i actually hit the limit.
The time it takes for PayPal to remove the receiving limits on the account varies based on how much you have received in the PayPal account.

Under £1650 - Can take up to a month.
Between £1650 and £2100 - Can take up to 2 weeks.
Over £2100 - Usually 24 hours, but can take up to a week.

It also depends on time of year - peak periods usually take longer. It could take several months during the worst of times.
Old 06-27-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennb View Post
Hi,

Opened a stealth account under my partners name, however her address is on the limited list due to me using her brothers ebay which got linked early doors.

i have a stealth account, under her real name, real bank card, real phone number etc, however not her real address which her bank card is under.

I passed the initial Paypal limit in the early months by submitting passport, proof off address (PhotoS) etc and everything was happy days.
What initial checks are these? the first time you should be asked for ID is when you hit the EU limit.

Quote:
I am now near the EU limit and paypal dropped me an email me asking to confirm everything prior to hitting the limit to 'prevent restrictions' at the time i hit the limit. I basically just had to click okay to confirm my address and that was it, paypal would get back to me within a few days. However 5 weeks later i've heard nothing so im presuming they will wait till i actually hit the limit.
Not sure what this is about either. To remove the eu limit you need to send in photo Id and proof of address. 5 weeks is too long to wait if documents have been requested. Something doesn't sound right.

Quote:
When i actually hit the EU limit, what checks will paypal actually do as they already have my ID, proof of address etc? Can they check the actual bank its self and see its registered to a different address as thats the only thing on the account which will not match?
Still confused, have you hit the eu limit or not? Go to the resolution centre and post a screenshot of what they are asking for here.
Old 06-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
What initial checks are these? the first time you should be asked for ID is when you hit the EU limit.

Not sure what this is about either. To remove the eu limit you need to send in photo Id and proof of address. 5 weeks is too long to wait if documents have been requested. Something doesn't sound right.

Still confused, have you hit the eu limit or not? Go to the resolution centre and post a screenshot of what they are asking for here.
After about a month of opening the stealth account, i started selling various household items for feedback, not many, like 7-15 Items, Paypal limited me due to the 'change in account activity' at this point i submitted my ID, address etc and the limit was removed. 4 months later as i thought everything was great, i started selling properly which took me up near the EU limit. At this point they asked me to confirm my identity, which all i simply had to do was click okay one page which had my name & address. The current limit on the paypal account is 'medium' which doesnt effect you in any way. I havnt hit the EU limit as of yet, but paypal have warned me im near it. The main question is, is when i hit the EU limit, what more ID can paypal want, they have everything?
Old 06-27-2018
just_smile

I get you now. You can just send them the same Id as last time.
Old 06-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:

To make it easier to explain:
Opening Account: Added bank account, VCC, phone number, email

Limited due to increase in sales: Submitted ID, Proof of address (Limits lifted)

Start selling properly, sales near EU limit: Paypal email me saying 'as you are approaching near the EU limit, to comply with EU regulations .......checks carried out.....please confirm your identity to prevent limitations when exceeding the EU limit' literally clicked okay when my name and address was on screen

Paypal page said 'thank you for confirming your identify, paypal will respond within 2-3 working to lift account limitations'

5 Weeks later ive heard nothing. I know im a 'Junior member' but ive been into this for a long time, ive bought the stealth guide twice, been through this forum for hours on end, and cant find anything the same as this.

Cheers
Old 06-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I get you now. You can just send them the same Id as last time.
Thank you, i was just scared they may check the address on the bank account as the bank account is under a different address.
Old 06-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Thank you, i was just scared they may check the address on the bank account as the bank account is under a different address.
They cannot see the address that the bank is registered to
Old 06-27-2018
just_smile

They're not privy to that sort of info.

All they can see is your PayPal account info and the info you send them such as your ID.

5 weeks is a long time to be waiting, it shouldn't take that long.